Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GC gets it wrong again - new glphy of Adrenaline Rush

Grabbed this from elitistjerks forum and the person is spot on. Can someone respond to GC about this as he seems to live in lala land.

RE: New Glyph of Adrenalin Rush

"
    Lowering the GCD during AR has been talked about before in discussions about energy capping, but I don't think doing this via a glyph is the best solution. If/when we again reach gear levels that make capping a problem, the glyph will become mandatory, which goes against the design philosophy that no glyphs/talents should be clear-cut best choices for your dps.

Actually, given our selection of major glyphs, I'd say it'll be mandatory from the start due to the lack of useful choices. Might as well make it baseline.
    "

Deleted
    I can't find this new glyph anywhere, do you mind posting what it does?

EDIT:
    Is this actually something that was just added or some old glyph that was recently brought back into the discussion? Again I can't find anything new on the beta nor anything on MMOchampion or wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I can't find this new glyph anywhere, do you mind posting what it does?

EDIT:
    Is this actually something that was just added or some old glyph that was recently brought back into the discussion? Again I can't find anything new on the beta nor anything on MMOchampion or wowhead.
    Yeah can't find the glyph on any site. OP doesn't have a link to his source. OP likes to believe that GC is the only one responsible for changes. I'd say it's safe to assume the OP is just making this up or his source is terribly misinformed.

I completely agree with Ghostcrawlers philosophy. Although he fails to suggest even 1 possible solution.

Didn't it change to glyph of shadow walk or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yeah can't find the glyph on any site. OP doesn't have a link to his source. OP likes to believe that GC is the only one responsible for changes. I'd say it's safe to assume the OP is just making this up or his source is terribly misinformed.
    No, he's right. It's a confirmed change of the Sinister Strike glyph, seeing as it was generally useless. I'll try to find the link in a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    No, he's right. It's a confirmed change of the Sinister Strike glyph, seeing as it was generally useless. I'll try to find the link in a sec.
    Correct. The SS glyph was renamed AR (and the AR glyph was long ago renamed something else, some minor), and the new glyph in question lowers the cooldown on certain moves (SS, RS, Evis, Rupture, others?) during AR to 0.8 seconds.

The OP (and presumably the EJ source) is correct that this is actually a pretty poor choice for a glyph in the first place- it is an unambiguous dps increase. Even if you assume we won't be energy capping during hero + AR, it still lets you strike faster, and that will get you into a better insight quicker or something, and your white attacks will hit harder if nothing else. So while I'm excited to see a good glyph, abilities like this should, under the current philosophy, be baselined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Correct. The SS glyph was renamed AR (and the AR glyph was long ago renamed something else, some minor), and the new glyph in question lowers the cooldown on certain moves (SS, RS, Evis, Rupture, others?) during AR to 0.8 seconds.

The OP (and presumably the EJ source) is correct that this is actually a pretty poor choice for a glyph in the first place- it is an unambiguous dps increase. Even if you assume we won't be energy capping during hero + AR, it still lets you strike faster, and that will get you into a better insight quicker or something, and your white attacks will hit harder if nothing else. So while I'm excited to see a good glyph, abilities like this should, under the current philosophy, be baselined.
    Fantastic, thanks for clearing that up. I was getting very nervous not being able to find what this new glyph did anywhere on the internet.
    ...maybe I'm getting older.

The glyph itself sounds like a good addition but it again feels like a bandaid fix pretty much for the reasons already mentioned. Not sure if I really have a problem with this glyph although it does go against what blizzard is trying to accomplish.

To be honest, I don't really give a hoot about their design decisions. It's clear that these always work against rogues anyway- I miss my old combat spec that could get some sub talents, I miss riposte and ghostly, I'm going to miss my revealing strike glyph. None of these things were the targets of Blizzard's biannual "revamp everything we ever did, good or bad" nuke-it-from-orbit strategy- revealing strike glyph, for instance, is a prime glyph, and a situational one. Prime glyphs are being removed because they aren't situational, you always take them. But none of you guys were using that unless you wanted the utility (say, for pvp).

So I'll just take the damned buff. If they want to charge us a glyph slot for it, and all combat rogues have to take it, what the hell ever. I'm just happy that we'll finally have the ability to make use of AR's energy in a tighter environment, given that it already takes like 8 seconds of that cooldown before you even notice it in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    white attacks will hit harder if nothing else.
    What about a faster gcd would make auto attack hit harder?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    What about a faster gcd would make auto attack hit harder?
    Cycling through Bandit's Guile I'm assuming is what he meant. Either that or Adrenaline Rush and Bloodlust/Heroism add haste to eachother*.

Not sure how else to explain it since English is not my main language. What I meant was 1% damage + 1% damage equals 2.1% damage in the end if that makes sense.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-06-22 at 02:11 AM.

In terms of there not being any options... I wholeheartedly disagree, there are plenty of interesting major glyph choices.

I do, however, agree that reducing the GCD on certain (or even all) abilities during AR isn't a good fix. The fact that this glyph is needed demonstrates there is a fundamental problem with adrenaline rush itself. I'd rather the energy regen bonus be nerfed +50% and the attack speed bonus also be buffed to +50%. Do something more interesting useful for the glyph slot. One suggestion I made was a combat potency glyph that increases the frequency that combat potency triggers by 50%, but only grants 10 energy instead of 15--this will result in the same energy/sec from combat potency, but it will be less spikey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Cycling through Bandit's Guile I'm assuming is what he meant.
    Yes. If you get to a new color of bandit's guile faster, you will do a little more damage than if you did not. It's clearly a damage increase under all conditions, though likely not a large amount of one unless you are energy capped.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I do, however, agree that reducing the GCD on certain (or even all) abilities during AR isn't a good fix. The fact that this glyph is needed demonstrates there is a fundamental problem with adrenaline rush itself.
    No it doesn't. AR should def be double energy. I would like it if our energy bar got bigger during AR though :P

Problem: we have SS glyph whioch is actally useless and a very subtle trap for new/unexperienced players.

Solution: SS glyph no more - we get AR glyph. It's a very good and powerful glyph; in fact since the other glyphs are more or less "meh", AR glyph becomes automatically mandatory.

Welcome to the "we won't have cookie cutter builds no more" world.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Welcome to the "we won't have cookie cutter builds no more" world.
    It's really weird, because they seem to be doing reasonably to extremely well doing that with all the other classes, and somehow with Rogues, we get shitty talent trees, shitty mechanic changes, shitty glyphs (in that they're mandatory)... I just can't fathom what the flying f* is going on.

If you aren't using Adrenaline Rush as Assassination, you're doing it wrong. (I meant Rupture, not Mutilate.) - from the latest blue posts.
    Did I miss something, or Adrenaline Rush was Combat spec ability? How can one use it in Assassination spec?

UPD
    or was it just a joke made about a mistype?
    Last edited by Maegnar; 2012-06-22 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    It's really weird, because they seem to be doing reasonably to extremely well doing that with all the other classes, and somehow with Rogues, we get shitty talent trees, shitty mechanic changes, shitty glyphs (in that they're mandatory)... I just can't fathom what the flying f* is going on.
    Dude, we're the best designed class, GC sez!

:P

Honestly, it's the same sort of lazy approach. Normally we have three specs and they pay attention to one, so this is an improvement in that regard! Granted, all their attention seems to have been nerfs...

Did I miss something, or Adrenaline Rush was Combat spec ability? How can one use it in Assassination spec?
    Yea, it's a joke. FIRST he accidentally typed "mutilate" in the list of abilities, leaving off rupture. Then he corrected it and made the wisecrack!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegnar View Post
    If you aren't using Adrenaline Rush as Assassination, you're doing it wrong. (I meant Rupture, not Mutilate.) - from the latest blue posts.

UPD
    or was it just a joke made about a mistype?
    He screwed up when he spelled out what the glyph did. He wrote that the glyph reduced the GCD of Mutilate, which Combat doesn't have. What he meant to write was Rupture. So he kinda jokingly pretended Assassination had Adrenalin Rush as well.

Deleted
    Seriously, I'm surprised that GC still even bothers trying to talk intelligently to the WoW community.

Everything I've ever read from him sounds logical and reasoned, and he asks for the same back in terms of feedback and suggestions. And all he gets from the WoW community is "derpy GC noob retard he get it wrong again, what plant does he live on herpy"

Try acting maturely and submitting well put-together feedback, not whining on forums. Sure, discuss the subject on the forums, but why whine and attack developers personally...it just makes people look dumb.
    Last edited by mmocf804d48337; 2012-06-22 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avillya View Post
    Seriously, I'm surprised that GC still even bothers trying to talk intelligently to the WoW community.

Everything I've ever read from him sounds logical and reasoned, and he asks for the same back in terms of feedback and suggestions. And all he gets from the WoW community is "derpy GC noob retard he get it wrong again, what plant does he live on herpy"

Try acting maturely and submitting well put-together feedback, not whining on forums. Sure, discuss the subject on the forums, but why whine and attack developers personally...it just makes people look dumb.
    Because that's not what we've been doing all along. Because all of our very valid criticism isn't being written off as either "senseless whining" or "disagreeable factors that don't matter much".

I swear on my father's grave, I still haven't come across one single rogue who genuinely likes the new talent tree. I've seen plenty who're stoked for the concept, myself included, but just detest the execution. I've seen valid reasoning demanding changes, I've seen valid reasoning demanding alterations to details, I've seen valid reasoning demanding very simple modifications, and I've seen them all be written off as "whining" and "disagreeable".

It's very disheartening to be denied like this and then be criticized for pointing that out.