Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes you was rude you didn't offer to share....thats pretty fricken rude

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    Yes you was rude you didn't offer to share....thats pretty fricken rude
    I would give that post a thumbs up for truth, if we weren't talking about minors. No way Jose.

Think about it guy. You were outside, went inside, then came back outside again to smoke a joint in front of two 14 year old girls. They prolly assumed you were some freaky perv about to hit on them.

Two young girls, well it sure was creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I would give that post a thumbs up for truth, if we weren't talking about minors. No way Jose.
    depends pot no worse then a minor drinking and where i live i have minors coming up to me in a store asking me to buy em booze

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I question why a 14 year old girl was outside at 2am irrespective of whether you're in a nice neighbourhood.

Also, I don't know about where you live, but where I live, if we have an illegal drug user doing it in plain sight (albeit at 2am) it's not a nice area. Also, did you consider that their uneasiness may be something to do with the fact you're doing something illegal? Just because it's on private property does not make it ok.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    depends pot no worse then a minor drinking and where i live i have minors coming up to me in a store asking me to buy em booze
    Drugs in general are a lot worse for not fully developed bodies than for adults. Where I live you have minors approach you to buy them tobacco, booze, whatever, I don't do it. One could argue if minors drinking or smoking is worse, I support neither.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    But then they were talking to each other in undertones of uneasiness (of what I fee)l they are witnessing. My neighbor and her friend got up and went back inside.
    That's just the paranoia talking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    - It was across the street, so talking about 2nd hand smoke is ridiculous, really. I even doubt they could smell very much of it, maybe if they were downwind.
    - "Gross" is subjective, just to say. Doesn't have anything to do with the discussion here.
    - that stuff is terrible for them? I agree of course that minors must be kept away from smoking it. But to talk the OP into having a guilty conscience for smoking a street away from them is, again, ridiculous.
    - If you let your underage children out at 2 am, they might have a bad time.
    I can smell my neighbours doing it four houses away (and here in Australia, if there's one thing we have, it's space). It is gross to non smokers, I imagine it would be particularly so for those with more sensitive smell such as young people.

Deleted
    Well, if they are across the street I can't imagine them seeing the difference between a joint or a cigarette.
    From that distance the smoke doesn't bother you either.
    I guess it's just the "Oh, that weirdo is watching! Let's go!"

I don't think, that it was rude what you did.

You shouldn't smoke to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    I am in a matter concern.

I come home from my friend Daniels house and I see these two girls, my neighbor across the street and her friend. Laying out on their drive way they were just talking and shit. Anyways I really wanted to relax and smoke weed but these two girls were outside!
    I decided to just go ahead and smoke on my front porch because that where I always smoke. I walk outside and they are still there minding their own business…

While I was smoking in their plane sight, at first they didn’t seem to care. But then they were talking to each other in undertones of uneasiness (of what I fee)l they are witnessing. My neighbor and her friend got up and went back inside.
    My question: was it rude to smoke weed in front of my neighbors across the street?
    Follow up: Do you think I should I say something?

Some History:
    I never talk to my neighbors.
    I believe the two girls are about the ages of 14-16.
    This happened an hour ago at 2:00 in the morning.
    I live in a nice area
    I like flannelled shirts

Thank you for reading this. Advice is greatly appreciated.
    Did anyone else read this as, "....drive way they were just taking a shit"?

To answer your first question, I do not know what country you live, and therefore do not know the marijuana laws in your area. If you are living in the United States, then I do find it rude that you would smoke weed in front of them. I don't care if people smoke weed, but I personally would never flaunt something like this out in public. I would keep the activity as private as possible. Of course, I am also the type of person that does not post pictures of myself on the Internet drinking, partying, or doing other stupid things. I tend to speak with my neighbors if I am outside and I see them as well.

I would probably not say anything to them about this incident if I saw them again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    You shouldn't smoke to begin with.
    Has nothing to do with it, I am betting you have done things which are not good for your body too, so please do not preach at people.

Facts that we know of
    its 2am
    Hes smoking a joint on his property
    2 young girls are across the street and look at him weirdly

If I was in his position I would be curious to know what 2 youngster's where doing out and about at that time of the morning, that to me is Far more suspicious than some guy coming out of his house and light up (fall they know) a Cigarette.

Was it rude for you to light up on your property, in the middle of the night on your propperty ? Absolutely not

Could it be because you are staring at them and listening to their conversation?

Agreeing with the others that even as teens, unless they were really prude it wouldn't be the weed part that bothered them.

It would be the older guy very close by to them who might be staring them down at 2AM part that bothered them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LastLaugh View Post
    Did you blow smoke towards them? Did you stare at them creepily? If not then fuck it. It is your porch and you have a right to use it. Honestly knowing how teen girls are they probably thought you could hear their conversation and found that more rude than smoking. Do not apologize as it will turn a nonissue into an awkward situation.
    I agree with this. OP, whether or not you're comfortable with smoking weed, other people around you may not be quite as comfortable with it. Weed is still a debated topic, and you might find people who take issue with it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just merely guessing at why they acted the way they did. In any case, sometimes it's better to deal with a slightly awkward situation by letting it lie than to make it totally awkward by confronting it and apologizing for something you may not need to. I don't suggest using this rationale for everything, but in this case I think it's better just to leave it. You don't really know why they got up and left, so it's better not to assume. If you live in America, smoking weed in public is probably not a good idea though.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-06-26 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    I can smell my neighbours doing it four houses away (and here in Australia, if there's one thing we have, it's space). It is gross to non smokers, I imagine it would be particularly so for those with more sensitive smell such as young people.
    wow, wouldn't have expected it carried this far. You know, I smoke in my home, or certain destinated places

I don't want to take away your opinions, but "it's gross to non-smokers" is a bit too generalized.
    I myself like it, but I'm not a non-smoker, but I know at least 2 persons personally who do not smoke, think tobacco smells disgusting and love the smell of weed. That's just personal taste (although it's a pretty distinct smell, I give you that).

Anywho, my opinion is it was not rude of him, but it would have been tactically wiser if he used his back porch instead of the front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Just because it is legal and "his right as the house owner" dosent mean it is not rude and irresponsible.
    To answer OP, yes it was/is rude to not respect your neighbours. But you have no obligations to be respectful except for moral/ethic reasons.
    Nonsense. If it's legal where he lives and he's on his own property, it's perfectly reasonable. Your suggestion that he unreasonably censor his behaviour is far more out of line, imo.
    I wonder if you'd say the same thing about a chap sat on his porch having a cigar and a beer.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Same predicament every night. I go out on my porch, and god damnit if one of my neighbors doesn't have to fuck around in his garage suddenly. Know what I do? If there's no kids, I keep smoking. If they got a big problem with it, they can call the cops, who'll just pay a visit worst case scenario.

I don't think it's rude man, especially if they're all the way across the street. It might be different if they lived in an apartment above you.

Across the street? Come on, not one bit rude. Doubtful they were saying anything to each other besides "That guy is weird look at his flannel giggle giggle tee hee". They're 15.