Rift... death of Est raiding?

I have spent about two weeks now looking for a guild that raids on est that isn't super super progressed already. and for the life of me I cant find a guardian one and very few defiant ones. is it just me or is other people running into this? there is almost no est raiding guilds.

-Smerf
    Last edited by Smerfnurblin; 2012-08-09 at 08:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently left the guild because they aren't my type, but I think <Nova> of Deepwood US, Defiant, has a more EST raiding schedule. Could try messaging Danaliah, Meemii, or Demotica.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Most seem to be PST based. I have yet to join or hear of major EST guild recruiting currently.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    (Note: Nova is not "major" but they could run their own 20 mans. That's all I got. =/ Sorry.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I noticed this too. Seems like every guild is raiding on pacific time zone, and it seems like a large number of the players are based in mountain/pacific time zones as well. This could possibly have something to do with every single NA shard is on Pacific time, instead of like just about every single other type of MMO having shards/servers with various time zones.

The only major EST guilds I knew of where <Voodoo> and <Fracture> but they're both gone now.
    It does seem to be a majority of PST players though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The only major EST guilds I knew of where <Voodoo> and <Fracture> but they're both gone now.
    It does seem to be a majority of PST players though.
    I was in Fracture and our raids ended at 12:00am EST one of the key reasons I stopped raiding with them after clearing HK. 12:00am is brutal 4 nights a week when you have to get up at 5 for work.

I also plan to raid again come SL and finding a competent EST raid guild will be a key factor but searching the travel hub shard should solve that I'm sure.

Doesn't the east coast of NA have a larger density of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Doesn't the east coast of NA have a larger density of people?
    I keep typing up responses and then deleting them. East vs West coast raiding times baffle me. I've seen PST raiding guilds with times varying from 5pm start times to 9pm, whereas EST guilds almost always start later in the evening, in the hopes of coaxing more PST raiders. Finding guildmates with accessible schedules is more troublesome than finding players with potential.

Sometimes I do wish Trion would partition their shards based on time zones