Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Another aspect of WoW that's going downhill.

You might ask why I'm posting this now. I PvP'ed for most of Cata and occasionaly did a heroic or two. Only recently have I been farming heroics for ramkahen rep, and I noticed how few in variety they seem. I HATE, I despise finding things that add evidence towards WoW's decline, so I have a question. How many heroics will there be in MoP?

TBC: 16

Hellfire Ramparts
    Blood Furnace
    Slave Pens
    Underbog
    Mana-Tombs
    Auchenai Cypts
    Sethekk Halls
    The Steamvault
    Shattered Halls
    Shadow Labyrinth
    Escape from Durnholde Keep
    The Mechanar
    Botanica
    Arcatraz
    Opening of the dark portal
    Magisters Terrace

WotLK:16

Utgarde Keep
    The Nexus
    Azjol-Nerub
    Anh-Kahet
    Drak'Tharon Keep
    The Violet Hold
    Gundrak
    Halls of Stone
    Occulus
    Halls of lightning
    Utgarde Pinnacle
    Culling of strathholme
    Trial of the champion
    Forge of souls
    Pit of saron
    Halls of reflection

Cata:10/14

Throne of the tides
    Black rock caverns
    The stonecore
    The vortex Pinnacle
    The lost city of Tol'vir
    Grim Batol
    Halls of Origination
    The deadmines
    Shadowfang keep
    Zul'aman
    Zul'Gurub

End time
    well of eternity
    Hour of twilight
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-19 at 10:53 PM.

I think you're forgetting not all of those heriocs were available at launch.

Scenarios are for lv 90 players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nived View Post
    Meaning? It doesn't matter. I've listed all of the heroics that were available at the end of the expansion for each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nived View Post
    Anyhow, good point, but only serves to prove OP right. Only 1 heroic was added in TBC's lifespan, 4 were added in WotLK and 5 were added during Cata. However good it is that we get content over time, it also shows that the developer is lazy to introduce enough content on release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Meaning? It doesn't matter. I've listed all of the heroics that were available at the end of the expansion for each expansion.
    While I agree that AT LAUNCH there won't be nearly as many heroics as there should be, especially when they're gating raid content like a bunch of spastic idiots, it's impossible to judge how many heroics will be at the end of the expac.

Edit; Typo
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-08-19 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no! We have two less dungeons! WoW is dying! Alert the press!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    While I agree that AT LAUNCH there won't be nearly as many heroics as there should be, especially when they're gating raid content like a bunch of spastic idiots, it's impossible to judge how many heroics will be at the end of the expac.

Edit; Typo
    I think people are missing the simple point of this thread. It's to show that Cata is fairly lacking in terms of heroics. I also asked a fairly simple question. How many heroics are planned for MoP that we know about just now? I'd take that answer and add +3, like WotLK and Cata has had added on.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Oh no! We have two less dungeons! WoW is dying! Alert the press!
    You mean 6?
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-19 at 11:01 PM.

OP should note that there were 5 less levels in Cata vs Wrath/BC - so there's less 5 mans to level through, and as a result there are less dungeons to have heroic versions. Also, marking those 4 dungeons in red to discount them is a little silly. Deadmines and Shadowfang changed significantly. The two Zandalari instances are still quite challenging if you've never stepped foot in them. I'm assuming with your sig that you'd prefer the punishing mechanics of the two 4.1 5mans...

Quote Originally Posted by constantduty View Post
    OP should note that there were 5 less levels in Cata vs Wrath/BC - so there's less 5 mans to level through, and as a result there are less dungeons to have heroic versions. Also, marking those 4 dungeons in red to discount them is a little silly. Deadmines and Shadowfang changed significantly. The two Zandalari instances are still quite challenging if you've never stepped foot in them. I'm assuming with your sig that you'd prefer the punishing mechanics of the two 4.1 5mans...
    So I paid the same money but received half the content. Thanks for putting that out for me.

I wish all you naysayers would move along to Guild Wars 2 and never darken our door again. I am sick of all the 'wow is dying' posts. News flash, everything dies and entropy is a bitch. WoW could lose another 50% of its subscriber base and it would STILL be the biggest P2P MMO on the planet.

Yes, your getting less dungeons in Mists of Pandaria. I believe it's 9 at release, with two of them being remakes. So if you're going to be "That guy" and say there are only 7 dungeons, go ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I wish all you naysayers would move along to Guild Wars 2 and never darken our door again. I am sick of all the 'wow is dying' posts. News flash, everything dies and entropy is a bitch. WoW could lose another 50% of its subscriber base and it would STILL be the biggest P2P MMO on the planet.
    I don't see your point. You want us to go away and yet you yourself just admitted that it's dying? Also, that last point is meaningless.

Less heroics doesn't mean jack diddly in the quality of the product. You also marked all those dungeons in red to symbolize your... I dunno... fury at them being 're-used'. I again don't think that means anything - same place, but most everything is re-worked mechanic-wise, bar a few things. Poke and prod at every tiny thing you can until everything in WoW is terrible compared to how it used to be in your own private world.

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you, since neither of us will ever change our minds, but I recognize your avatar and all I've ever seen it on are post that bash WoW, so excuse me if I take you less seriously... it doesn't help that you seem to retreat into quasi-intelligent garbling whenever some one brings up a good counter point. I don't think you hate or despise finding things about WoW 'declining'... I think you love forming personal opinions about things you dislike and trying to pass them off as facts of WoW's 'decline'. Dom't feel too bad, it's a popular past time these days. WoW has never been better, that's my opinion, and this dungeon number thing means nothing and you are a fool to say that is proof that they are getting lazy or something... that is my opinion as well.

And even if there were 50 heroic dungeons in Cata, people would still have complained. People hate doing dungeons over and over. The faster people can be done with them and onto raiding the better. 5, 15, 100? It doesn't matter.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-08-19 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by constantduty View Post
    Does how many levels there is really matters? They could just aswell have made MoP lvl 85-86? Avg time from lvl 70-80 and from 80-85 almost takes the same amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Yes, your getting less dungeons in Mists of Pandaria. I believe it's 9 at release, with two of them being remakes. So if you're going to be "That guy" and say there are only 7 dungeons, go ahead.
    It's 10, 4 of them being "remakes" (they're actually a boatload better than the originals imo), plus 8 (+/-) scenarios (which are technically instanced areas too).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    So I paid the same money but received half the end-game content. Thanks for putting that out for me.
    Corrected that for you since they revamped the entire old world as well in cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    So I paid the same money but received half the content. Thanks for putting that out for me.
    Ooh this thing again.

The amount of zones released per expac is roughly the same (Im not counting the starting zones), the amount of raiding content is pretty high in MoP, and then there are other things like Scenarios, Challenge modes, Pet Battles(!!), Rare mobs actually giving you a reason to hunt them down etc. and one can assume we will be seeing more Heroics as we progress through this expansion. There is plenty of content, just not in the form of Heroic dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoc9d64d1cc31; 2012-08-19 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    It's 10, 4 of them being "remakes" (they're actually a boatload better than the originals imo), plus 8 (+/-) scenarios (which are technically instanced areas too).
    Ah, I must've missed the 10th one being added. I forgot about the other remakes; thank you for that. And yes, scenarios will be a side-grade to dungeons will they not?