Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vampy View Post
    Did I miss anything? As far as i know there are only 2 heirlooms that goes till 85 and why should you swap your gear with heirlooms anyway?
    supposedly you still get the bonus XP from them, just not a stat increase, i have never seen anything proving that to be the case.

There was a blue post pre cata that said you stopped getting the XP bonus from the 1-80 heirlooms when you hit 80. I imagine the helm and cloak work the same at 85 and stop giving extra exp at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by MudKippz View Post
    There was a blue post pre cata that said you stopped getting the XP bonus from the 1-80 heirlooms when you hit 80. I imagine the helm and cloak work the same at 85 and stop giving extra exp at that point.
    i remenber seeing that was well.

Deleted
    I only tried it with the lvl 80 heirlooms and they stop giving +xp at lvl 80+. Didn't try it with the lvl 85 heirlooms though.

Quote Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
    Might have been said, but at lvl 1 u get 10 xp per mob, u kill 100 mobs in 1 hour. With the buff that means u get 1500xp for 1 hour and the buff itself is worth 500xp.

at lvl 80 u get 10.000xp per mob, u still kill 100 mobs per hour and instead u get 1 500 000xp and that hour the buff was worth 500.000 xp

EDIT: oh, forgot to say that i havent calculated this at all, was just my first thought when i read the topic.
    Amount of experience doesn't matter at all. You save 30 minutes of time per buff that you use, period.

As noted the only consideration realistically to take is utilizing the buff when you know you'll be gaining XP the fastest, IE doing zones you're very familiar with and can power through without competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
    Might have been said, but at lvl 1 u get 10 xp per mob, u kill 100 mobs in 1 hour. With the buff that means u get 1500xp for 1 hour and the buff itself is worth 500xp.

at lvl 80 u get 10.000xp per mob, u still kill 100 mobs per hour and instead u get 1 500 000xp and that hour the buff was worth 500.000 xp

EDIT: oh, forgot to say that i havent calculated this at all, was just my first thought when i read the topic.
    Yes except it doesnt work that way because your XP requirement to level increases with the quest/mob xp increase, keeping it linear. Use it whenever, it really won't matter.

For me personally, not having the beta and completely despising the Outland and WotLK levelling zones... i will likely try and start using these at level 58 ish, so i burn throiugh all the zones i hate pretty quickly... but depending on how long it takes you to get through these zones, you can likely still have 1 or 2 levelling ones left at the end irregardless... depending on what it is you actually want to level through.

For myself if i can get to 85 and not have any left, i'll be satisfied, cause i do want to take a look at Pandaria in a decent way, however i do not want to take my timelevelling through previous content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    Yes except it doesnt work that way because your XP requirement to level increases with the quest/mob xp increase, keeping it linear. Use it whenever, it really won't matter.
    I get what you're saying but, look at it this way. The amount of time it takes to hit certain levels increases as the game goes on, so for going from 83-84 is a pain, it's quite a long level where as 84-85 is incredibly quick for the first half then slows down towards the end.

I think making the choice of when to use the "Nitro boost" that is +50% experience is going to make all the difference for monk realm firsts and people wanting to hit early.

So far I'm leaning towards blowing my first quest at around lvl 83 to boost into uldum (I'm rafing so I'll start at 81 and 81-82 will be easy in hyjal, I'm lucky my realm is low pop so wont have much to any competition).

Then I will save the next +50% hour for lvl 89 as I will be shattered by this point and it's easy to get demoralized, therefore I will have the incentive to get to 89 as lvl 80 will be cut in half.

Maths and theory crafting is all well and good however you must also factor in the human component. Fatigue, boredom and morale are all enemies!

Quote Originally Posted by Macatamy View Post
    I get what you're saying but, look at it this way. The amount of time it takes to hit certain levels increases as the game goes on, so for going from 83-84 is a pain, it's quite a long level where as 84-85 is incredibly quick for the first half then slows down towards the end.

I think making the choice of when to use the "Nitro boost" that is +50% experience is going to make all the difference for monk realm firsts and people wanting to hit early.

So far I'm leaning towards blowing my first quest at around lvl 83 to boost into uldum (I'm rafing so I'll start at 81 and 81-82 will be easy in hyjal, I'm lucky my realm is low pop so wont have much to any competition).

Then I will save the next +50% hour for lvl 89 as I will be shattered by this point and it's easy to get demoralized, therefore I will have the incentive to get to 89 as lvl 80 will be cut in half.

Maths and theory crafting is all well and good however you must also factor in the human component. Fatigue, boredom and morale are all enemies!
    You get 9 hours of this buff. You have the initial quest (the level 10 one), then you do the daily version immediately after. This gives you two hours of the buff. Then you have the level 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 versions of the quest that you can still do afterwards when your buff runs out, and when the dailies reset in the morning you can do the daily one again so technically I guess 10 hours of the buff in the first day or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    It doesn't work that way either. Killing a mob at a lower level accounts for a larger percentage of your level, than if you killed a mob when you are at a higher level. Leveling from 10-11 probably takes 30 minutes. Leveling from 84-85 takes several hours. I'd rather cut 5 hours in half and make it 2 hours and 30 minutes rather than cutting the 30 minutes in half and saving 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It doesn't work that way either. Killing a mob at a lower level accounts for a larger percentage of your level, than if you killed a mob when you are at a higher level. Leveling from 10-11 probably takes 30 minutes. Leveling from 84-85 takes several hours. I'd rather cut 5 hours in half and make it 2 hours and 30 minutes rather than cutting the 30 minutes in half and saving 15.
    But is the difference really that great between the xp given / xp required in cata and xp given / xp required in mists? That's the only important segment of leveling. If you know the answer let me know.

This is so dreadfully wrong that it's blowing my mind that people can't grasp this concept.

For one, you aren't cutting anything in half. Two, are you saying that the buff just disappears once the player finishes hitting level 11?

I suggest everyone look over this thread -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-quests/page2

Mainly these two aspects:

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    I think the part that you don't understand is the XP per Hour and the total required to level doesn't scale consistently as you level up. Meaning you actually do get more benefit in the higher level zones because your XP per Hour is going up to compensate for the higher XP requirement.

IE
    Level A is 3m xp long and you get 1m xp/hour normally. It takes 3 hours normally. If you pop quests it takes 2 hours at 1.5m xp/hour instead
    Level B is 60m xp long and you get 12m xp/hour normally. It takes 5 hours normally. If you pop quests it takes 3 hours 20 minutes at 18m xp/hour instead

So with Level A you gained an hour off your total leveling experience while with Level B you gained 1 hour and 40 minutes. You can't use 2 levels with the same ratio of XP/HR to TotalXP. If this were true then it would take just as long to level from 1-2 as it would from 89-90.

It's not about gaining levels its about the bonus you get reducing the overall time required to level from 1-90 (or 80-90 whatever you choose) the simple truth is you gain the most benefit at higher levels when you are gaining a higher XP per Hour. Using the bonus during low XP time frames might get you through that section you hate faster but it doesn't truly increase your overall time as much as it would using it in a higher zone; you just feel better because you got out of there faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    Your numbers are correct, but you're looking at them the wrong way. Your scenario that you used proves Freyalise right.

Let's take a closer look at your math -
    Level A = 3 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 2 hours. Thus, saving you 1 hour, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (1 hour saved/2 buffs used = 30 mins per buff)

Level B = 5 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 3 hours and 20 minutes. Thus, saving you 1 hour and 40 minutes, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (1 hour 40 minutes saved / 3 hours 20 minutes buffs used = 30 minutes per buff)

So again, it's all relative. Use the buff when you think you'll be doing the quests as fast as you can, and not having downtime.

The math works out always to be 30 minutes per application of the buff. Think of the buff as a 50% time saver instead of a 50% exp increase.
    See: Level C = 12 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 8 hours. Thus, saving you 4 hours, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (4 hours saved / 8 hours buffs used = 30 minutes per buff)

Again, it doesn't matter what level you are, realistically - it matters whether you're in an area where you know you can push out the most quests/XP in the quickest time frame. Obviously popping an enlightenment buff and then sitting on the dock waiting for the Twilight Highlands pre-quests is stupid. Use it wisely, but don't think that just waiting until you're 89 is somehow going to get you the big XP's.

Deleted
    This doesent make any sense whatsoever.. The buff does not last for a level. its a one hour buff.

secondly the buff only gives 50% xp bonus

your second example would require the buff to give 100% xp bonus, and be 2.5 hours long.

The buff increases your xp effectiveness for that specific hour.. it does not matter if you are killing boars in kalimdor or sha in pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    For all info and questions i have seen here, no one has stated where you get these quests from or who it is from... I have been in beta since the 2nd week and never saw this. Could osmeone please give the info of where and who this is from? Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    So much wrong information my eyes hurt. Try to get it in your head that if the conditions are the same at lvl 20 and lvl 80 then you speed up your leveling exactly the same ammount no matter what level you use the buff. You get 50% more xp meaning you will gain levels 50% faster. Doesn't matter the level.

Of course the most ideal situation for that 1 hour lasting buff is non interrupted constant speed leveling. That favors higher zones than lvl 20-60. Even in current heirlooms alone you tend to outlevel a zone in less than 1 hour. Especially if you didn't go there instantly when it came available. You slap extra 50% from the buff and you are looking at travel time of 5 minutes up to 10 minutes depending where you are going next.

If I would be leveling a monk normal way I would do level 20 quest before next daily reset so you can snatch that daily version of it. After that I would continue using the daily quest only until I get to Outlands. For me Hellfire Peninsula would be the first zone where I felt comfortable to use non daily versions of the quest.

TL;DR Use the buff only when you know you are going to be leveling in the same zone for 1 hour without long stops.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    So much wrong information my eyes hurt. Try to get it in your head that if the conditions are the same at lvl 20 and lvl 80 then you speed up your leveling exactly the same ammount no matter what level you use the buff. You get 50% more xp meaning you will gain levels 50% faster. Doesn't matter the level.
    What you're not considering is the time it takes to gain a single level, low vs. high. At low levels, that 50% buff will gain you what.. ten, twenty minutes? At high levels, that 50% could gain you hours. We understand that the numbers are the same.. it's the time that needs to be considered, and "50% faster" means very different things at lv15 versus lv87.

Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde View Post
    What you're not considering is the time it takes to gain a single level, low vs. high. At low levels, that 50% buff will gain you what.. ten, twenty minutes? At high levels, that 50% could gain you hours. We understand that the numbers are the same.. it's the time that needs to be considered, and "50% faster" means very different things at lv15 versus lv87.
    Oh my lord... no. Just no. I explained this as clearly as it gets already.

Each one hour enlightenment buff saves you 30 minutes. Period. Doesnt matter what level you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde View Post
    You're looking at the situation wrong. What matters is amount of time spent, not levels gained during that time. 1 hr of playing time is 1 hr of playing time, no matter what level you are. Playing for a single hour with the experience buff at level 85 may get you faster to level 86, but at lower levels, it could net you multiple extra levels. Going from level 85.0 to 85.5 (just throwing out numbers) is the same as going from 10 to 15 because you put the same exact amount of time into doing it.
    "Sociopaths are very good at figuring out ways to fuck people over without actually breaking any rules. One might even argue that it's the only thing they're really any good at. They certainly aren't very good at being people."

Stop trying to educate people on the internet, it's going nowhere unfortunately :\

Yes, I'm sure that all works out very nicely. On paper.

Frankly, Enlightenment is in my "I don't give a shit" pile. I have no intention of doing a mad rush to 90 on my monk in the first day the expac is out. It'll take me months. An extra 50% here or there isn't going to change anything for me.