I'm only curious of the modding possibilities (if there are any) and the multiplayer if they woud do it in the same way as with NWN. I have very little faith in Bioware being able to deliver coherent single player stuff anymore so my hope lies in in the limitless area of multiplayer/mods.

But knowing EA, there will be no mods and multiplayer will be on level of ME3 shizzle.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'm apparently the only person on earth that enjoyed DA2, even if it was significantly less than I did DA:O. Still, since it's EA I'll wait for a used console copy so they don't get a dime ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm apparently the only person on earth that enjoyed DA2, even if it was significantly less than I did DA:O.
    You're not the only one who feels that way, don't worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm apparently the only person on earth that enjoyed DA2, even if it was significantly less than I did DA:O. Still, since it's EA I'll wait for a used console copy so they don't get a dime ^.^
    I liked Dragon Age 2 as well, although it was in no way as good as Origins and was a step down, it was still enjoyable.

As for Dragon age 3, I am hopeful and excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You're not the only one who feels that way, don't worry.
    Indeed. Despite it's flaws I enjoyed the experience overall. That includes the dlc content which goes a long way to addressing some of those issues, like the copy paste environments for example. The dlcs feature a wealth of different ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to DA3 personally. Hoping it will be a rehash of DA:O rather than DA2. I will be cautious however, when I approach this game, and make sure it isn't the same bullshit that DA2 was.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Indeed. Despite it's flaws I enjoyed the experience overall. That includes the dlc content which goes a long way to addressing some of those issues, like the copy paste environments for example. The dlcs feature a wealth of different ones.
    Perhaps I should actually pick those up, never got around to getting the DLC for 2 for some reason (though I'm guessing college >.< ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I liked DA2 too, but it was (in my opinion) vastly inferior to DAO in certain ways. I liked DA2's graphics more, I liked its gameplay more (I prefer the more action-y combat as opposed to the more strategy combat of DAO), and I liked the voice acting and characters more (for the most part - Alistair will always be awesome, as will Morrigan). The story, maps, inventory, and story were all steps down from DAO for me. DA2 is my freshest memory of the franchise, so it's going to be what I base my excitement on. As I said, I'm holding off my hype until I know more about it at least.
    I agree 100%.

The copypasta and lack of exploration and the fact that the end, whether you picked templars or mages, was the same, was what killed it for me.

I otherwise enjoyed the game.

Even the original ME3 endings were better than DA2's.

I gave DA2 a 70, C-. It isn't a fail because I enjoyed it, but it's not a good grade for the things I listed. But I gave DAO a 90. So I can have some hope for DA3, but it's tempered by what DA2 was.
    Putin khuliyo

I didn't hate DA2, but I didn't love it either. It wasn't a particularly memorable game imo. It did however, make me very skeptical of Bioware.

As far as DA3 goes, I think they're going to have to really prove themselves to make up for amount of skeptics that DA2 turned fans into.

I do love how people have played judge and jury and reached their eternal decision which no ammount of facts will probably ever deter them from now about a game that's not even out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I do love how people have played judge and jury and reached their eternal decision which no ammount of facts will probably ever deter them from now about a game that's not even out.
    I haven't made up my mind about DA3. Just that I'll be cautious because of what DA2 was.
    Putin khuliyo

What orissa said ... nobody can say DA3 will be a bad game, but you can't blame ppl for being sceptical or at least cautious when it comes to hopes and expectations.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

That's kind of exaggerating, don't you think? The majority of people I'm seeing posting here just seem skeptical, not outright negative toward the game.

I liked DA:O and i liked DA2. But i prefer the combat of origins over 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age: Inquisition...... I like it.

Now lets just hope they learn from their mistakes in DA2 and make a REAL follow up to Origins.

Gotta say despite DA2 being a bit of a flop, im excited for Inquisiton. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, just not as much as I liked DA:O, the combat in 2 was a VAST improvement, but I felt the characters were VERY lacking, both in story and utility and the copy paste caves got on my nerves, also the story ssuucckkeedd.

My hopes for 3 are better, more relatable and USEFUL characters, a world worth exploring (one that's more than just a town...) and a story that will really drag me in and keep me hooked.

if it has all of those things, I'll be willing to kneel and call it my king.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I liked DA:O and i liked DA2. But i prefer the combat of origins over 2
    Actually the combat in 2 is one of the few things I preferred over Origins. With that said though, I didn't like the enemies dropping from the sky crap. But the combat itself was smoother and more fluid.
    Putin khuliyo

I remain skeptical.

I put a lot of faith into DA2, and while it was an okay game, it also let me down immensely. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but it wasn't even on the same level as Origins.

Deleted
    Chiming in with the majority of other posters in this thread.

Big BioWare fan, I basically played all of their games all the way back from Baldur's Gate (Didn't play Sonic Chronicles though) and I've been thoroughly disappointed with BioWare lately.

I want DAIII to do good so badly, but I will remain skeptical for now.

Very sceptical. After D2 certainly not going to preorder it. I will wait until the first "Lets Plays" or such stuff is online and judge based upon that. Reviewer sites have more and more lost their credibility over the past years, praising everything to the heavens if it comes from the right companies.

Although the chances for me playing it are actually very slim: It will almost certainly be on origin and Bioware will again sell important story parts as dlc (probably on the disc).

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Very sceptical. After D2 certainly not going to preorder it. I will wait until the first "Lets Plays" or such stuff is online and judge based upon that. Reviewer sites have more and more lost their credibility over the past years, praising everything to the heavens if it comes from the right companies.
    For me when DA2 demo launched I was puzzeled, but still I believed ... for DA3 I will wait for the demo and I will expect to be blown away. If not, then no hard feelings.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.