Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticsTV View Post
    Didn't expect the majority to vote no
    In a forum on a site dedicated to a competitor's product? Seriously?

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    For this franchise, it is. Any sort of investigation of GW2 and the previous 4 fully constructed games and xpac of the first series would reveal this as so.

None of the Guild Wars games, none of them, feature a bimodal endgame. All the Guild Wars games are meant to be casual pick-up & play/drop anytime experiences with a low barrier to entry.

Got bored farming your Tormented set? No biggie. Play something else. Those weapons don't gate content.

Urgoz got you down? No biggie. Play something else. No penalty.

The things players do at level 1/30/80 in Guild Wars 2 are basically what they will be doing forevermore in the game. This is the style and type of games Arena.net have made for almost a decade now. It has never changed. Expecting &/or asking for an endgame is simply a matter of player ignorance.
    Yep, Arena Net showed before that they don't have to copy the endgame model of other products to "stay in business." They don't even use a revenue model that expects to keep players playing, and paying, for weeks, months, or even years. Not to mention how little it helped other games that did try to use the same endgame model.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-09-21 at 05:33 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    At this point IF Titan even still exists, It'll be a total disaster.
    I think you re one of those people that can predict the future, i bet not, but stating a fact on internet is so easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    In a forum on a site dedicated to a competitor's product? Seriously?[COLOR="red"]
    Yes seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    ...It's bizarre that your experience is so different to mine...
    I find this to be the norm rather than bizarre. This is, in fact, what causes so much contention on the forums. I like something and you don't. Argue argue argue. You like something and I don't. Argue argue argue. Experiences vary from person to person for a wide range of reasons. I don't see that as being bizarre, that's just life.

Many of the initial "No" votes were incorrect. The OP of this thread titled the topic and poll poorly. There was much confusion even after 2 topic title changes. Which I tried to get rid of the poll entirely but could not. So it was changed back. :/

So the votes are not really reflective of the question as asked in the title.

Deleted
    Just realized that this was on the GW2 forums, sorry :P
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2012-09-21 at 06:52 PM.

CoF got nerfed and not in the make it easier way nerf... But now its alot harder and makes the gear harder to obtain and revives its prestige again. I disagreed with almost all you said accept one point. It does take too many tokens to get a full set of gear. The Dungeons should be super hard. I mean face crushing hard so only 2% of the population can even down a boss. and remove about 75% of the current token gear requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    CoF got nerfed and not in the make it easier way nerf... But now its alot harder and makes the gear harder to obtain and revives its prestige again. I disagreed with almost all you said accept one point. It does take too many tokens to get a full set of gear. The Dungeons should be super hard. I mean face crushing hard so only 2% of the population can even down a boss. and remove about 75% of the current token gear requirement.
    You want only 2% of the population to do dungeons...elitest springs to mind, and also a dead game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you re one of those people that can predict the future, i bet not, but stating a fact on internet is so easy.
    Diablo III shows very well that Blizzard isn't foolproof anymore. There is no single game that can live up to the hype. Developers are humans too and don#t use anything different than water for cooking.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Many of the initial "No" votes were incorrect. The OP of this thread titled the topic and poll poorly. There was much confusion even after 2 topic title changes. Which I tried to get rid of the poll entirely but could not. So it was changed back. :/

So the votes are not really reflective of the question as asked in the title.
    Actually is was fine the first time around, since the title wasn't a question. Although a few people did get confused but for the most part, everyone read the poll and it was quite accurate. After you changed it, it become highly confusing since the title was changed to a question that was opposite of the poll question. Now, after the final change, it's all good. There were a lot more yes that meant to be no before, from what I saw from reading the posts that is.

I'm not even 80 yet, I am 43 right now and I was in the 3 day head start. I am having a blast leveling right now, I just wish there was more current lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried the endgame today.

Farming in Orr and doing the dragon event in Frost Sund to get gold to craft exotics. Well... what shall I say. It's bring. Boring beyond belief. The events are pure zerg, not different from low level events at all. You just mindlessly spam every skill you have on cooldown and.. well thats it. You won... congrats... *Game gives you a (tiny) cookie..*

The dragon event is fun, but completely, utterly devoid of challenge. A trained monkey could do it and achieve gold participation. (Still it's nice to get so many people to rez for the title ^^ )

I'm honestly unsure how arenanet thought that something like this could entertain gamers for months to come. If I continue at this rate (~1.5G made per day) I'll be decked in exotics within 10 days, if I don't die of boredom before that. Then what? Roll another character and grind it all over again? No thanks.

To all people who like the endgame (honest question, no flame bait intended, I really don't understand it):
    Please explain to me: how is it fun to just mindlessly smash buttons? People declare WoW as too easy and boring and then proceed to play something like this and say "It's so challenging Orr is hard."?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly unsure how arenanet thought that something like this could entertain gamers for months to come.
    I'm pretty sure they didn't. If they genuinely thought that their PvE "endgame" content would keep people grinding for months. Why use B2P, instead of P2P, as their revenue model?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Tried the endgame today.

Farming in Orr and doing the dragon event in Frost Sund to get gold to craft exotics. Well... what shall I say. It's bring. Boring beyond belief. The events are pure zerg, not different from low level events at all. You just mindlessly spam every skill you have on cooldown and.. well thats it. You won... congrats... *Game gives you a (tiny) cookie..*

The dragon event is fun, but completely, utterly devoid of challenge. A trained monkey could do it and achieve gold participation. (Still it's nice to get so many people to rez for the title ^^ )

I'm honestly unsure how arenanet thought that something like this could entertain gamers for months to come. If I continue at this rate (~1.5G made per day) I'll be decked in exotics within 10 days, if I don't die of boredom before that. Then what? Roll another character and grind it all over again? No thanks.

To all people who like the endgame (honest question, no flame bait intended, I really don't understand it):
    Please explain to me: how is it fun to just mindlessly smash buttons? People declare WoW as too easy and boring and then proceed to play something like this and say "It's so challenging Orr is hard."?
    I understand what you mean by that. Personaly I have set some goals like getting a legendary, and get all dungeon sets, thats my end game. Regarding your comment about wow,when i raided i did it because I really enjoyed it not because it was hard or easy, and the loot that I've won was an extra.

Anyway, if you dont set yourself some targets IMO it will get boring pretty fast, unless you love pvp and wvwvw, also I know this was repeated a lot but try treating gw2 is a pick and play mmo to play alongside your main mmo/game. It will never have the amount of content that sub based mmo have.

Btw Orr is so buggy right now that its not even funny!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they didn't. If they genuinely thought that their PvE "endgame" content would keep people grinding for months. Why use B2P, instead of P2P, as their revenue model?
    To bait people like me I guess. I wouldn't have touched this game with a 10 foot pole if it had a sub fee. And I'm sure many other are like that.
    Personally I got burned By AION, SW-ToR and TERA *sigh.. what an adorable cleavage contest ._.* .

It seems to me too that "It's free" seems to be the all saving grace argument that excuses every flaw.

Just one tiny example of what irks me in GW2:
    The combat system SUCKS. Other than just mindlessly spamming stuff, they design classes with DoTs in Mind. They even give you gear that pushes your condition damage quite nicely.

Yet every condition may only be applied ONCE per Mob (even champs) and stuff like dragons seem to be VEHICLES that are IMMUNE to condition damage. Even if they weren't, the simple fact that only ONE burning/bleeding condition is allowed ruins the gameplay for me. I put my DoT up, just so another overwrites it .1 seconds later.. what idiotic design is that?!

when i raided i did it because I really enjoyed it not because it was hard or easy, and the loot that I've won was an extra.
    Thank you so much for understanding. Exactly why I raid. Gear is just a tool I need to be ready. (And to look absolutely charming of course. ^_^ )

try treating gw2 is a pick and play mmo to play alongside your main mmo/game
    I do that. I'm very much looking forward to playing MoP. GW2 is just for non raid nights if I'm bored.

Btw Orr is so buggy right now that its not even funny!
    Didn't notice that. Just an extremely high mob density that makes traveling quite tedious. Not challenging, b/c the mobs don't have abilities beyond "lol slow ya" and "autohit" but tedious b/c there so many of em and they respawn in like 30 seconds flat. oO
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-09-21 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    For the B2P vs P2P, was mainly a marketing ploy. You make quite a bit on sales, and then you have possible expansions which would add on. Marketing ploys as how people say server maintenance / upkeep costs a little (which would make probably anyone on this forum broke with one or two month maintenance). Their B2P model with a cash shop makes it so if you want to feel less restricted, hence bank slots, bag slots, character slots, you or someone is forced to purchase gems and open up said slots.
    If for example you quit a subscription game a few months and a new content patch comes up, you pay a $15 fee and then you're back in the game.
    If a B2P model does same thing, you pay a $60 fee (assumption price) and get the content. This is under the assumption said content patch in the subscription is not an 'expansion'
    B2P is pretty nice when done well, just not like this.

This is however off-topic as hell.

With what little I messed with on my brother's account, I can't say I 'enjoy' it. Dungeons are artificially inflated to be 'difficult'. I'm one of the weirdos that does weird runs in Dark Souls, and some of stuff in GW2 is unavoidable because of little or no telegraph, which just means you die.
    Again, this is just a tiny bit spent in comparison to everyone here.

Didn't notice that. Just an extremely high mob density that makes traveling quite tedious. Not challenging, b/c the mobs don't have abilities beyond "lol slow ya" and "autohit" but tedious b/c there so many of em and they respawn in like 30 seconds flat. oO
    A little more time in Orr and you'll definitely notice the bugs. Events bug constantly. Yesterday our chopper event bugged permanently when we revived the team for no reason. Our Cathedral main event is also bugged so nobody can access the karma vendor. Skill points are also still bugged despite the recent patch.

Orr is just designed horribly. The mob density and respawn rate are just retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish playing the actual game was as enjoyable as listening to Jeremy Soule's awesome soundtrack for GW2. ._.

http://www.directsong.com/mobile/pro...productid=2250

Gerion: Well my main problem in Orr is navigation. I can't really read the maps in GW2. But you're right. The crazy respawn is annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    For the B2P vs P2P, was mainly a marketing ploy. You make quite a bit on sales, and then you have possible expansions which would add on. Marketing ploys as how people say server maintenance / upkeep costs a little (which would make probably anyone on this forum broke with one or two month maintenance). Their B2P model with a cash shop makes it so if you want to feel less restricted, hence bank slots, bag slots, character slots, you or someone is forced to purchase gems and open up said slots.
    If for example you quit a subscription game a few months and a new content patch comes up, you pay a $15 fee and then you're back in the game.
    If a B2P model does same thing, you pay a $60 fee (assumption price) and get the content. This is under the assumption said content patch in the subscription is not an 'expansion'
    B2P is pretty nice when done well, just not like this.

This is however off-topic as hell.

With what little I messed with on my brother's account, I can't say I 'enjoy' it. Dungeons are artificially inflated to be 'difficult'. I'm one of the weirdos that does weird runs in Dark Souls, and some of stuff in GW2 is unavoidable because of little or no telegraph, which just means you die.
    Again, this is just a tiny bit spent in comparison to everyone here.
    I disagree with you, simply because the current sub based mmos (bar one of them) dont have enough content to justify the sub. Honestly I cant think of onw game (apart from skyrim) that gives you content as much as gw2.

The things that you mentioned like bank slots and bag slots can be purchased by converting gold with gems, and if you play smart ou can have enough gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    I disagree with you, simply because the current sub based mmos (bar one of them) dont have enough content to justify the sub. Honestly I cant think of onw game (apart from skyrim) that gives you content as much as gw2.
    I said nothing in terms of content.
    The things that you mentioned like bank slots and bag slots can be purchased by converting gold with gems, and if you play smart ou can have enough gold.
    Read
    you or someone is forced to purchase gems and open up said slots.
    Again, off-topic.