Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Through poltical means (multiparty talks), they achieved exactly what I wrote above. Thanks to deals and talks, and not bombing civilians, the total separation between poltical party and armed guerrilla has been achieved. Aka what I said.
    Or are you going to tell me it didn't happen?
    You're changing your argument because your account of history is wrong.

Hamas got into politics, same as the Ira of Northern Ireland did with Sinn Fein (which after a few years turned its back on warfare to dedicate fully on politics)
    The movement of Hamas into politics was a massive step towards the right path. As I said before that is exactly what happened in Northern Ireland and after a few years of struggle the resul is this. peace in the north. Sinn Fein is now a normal political party that refuses violence as an answer, shook hands with the queen and all that jazz.
    You were firstly suggesting that the Provisional IRA entered politics via Sinn Fein when the truth is that Sinn Fein, one of the founding political parties of the Irish Republic, entered into terrorism through the PIRA.

Secondly, you suggested that the political processes caused the PIRA and Sinn Fein to ultimately end their campaign of violence. This only true in as far as the political process was going to exclude Sinn Fein entirely. The PIRA was still actively engaged in terrorism while early negotiations for the Good Friday Agreement were underway. The British and Irish governments and various Republican Irish parties in Northern Ireland and the Republic decided to move on without Sinn Fein. So, faced with the choice between continued struggle and total political irrelevance or disarmament and political survival, Sinn Fein chose political survival.

So, this is a completely different narrative. A path to peace was found in Northern Ireland by refusing to engage with people who used violence as a political tool and looking for other partners that were ready to move forward. If anything, the lesson from Northern Ireland for Israel is to keep killing Hamas and refusing to engage with them politically while looking for new partners to start talks with.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

I like Israel; they provide a wonder opportunity to test our missile defense systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Sturmbringe all you've done is repost hearsay, half truth and cute pictures. There's no fact to any of it. Should we respond with pics of the children set on fire by the phosphorous bombs the Israelis fired into the UN compound in gaza or any of the other countless atrocities they've committed? I think the worlds running out of patience with Israel. Something has to change. Gross over reaction and oppression doesn't seem to have brought peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    It is b/c I 've been to Israel and I have lived events and then happened to see the way they were presented in the West. I remember in particular a single event in which an IDF officer supposedly shot an Arab boy, and how it was then relayed to the West and East. Israel get a LOT of mud thrown at them.
    as i said, you obviously have no idea what is being said or fed to us in this part of "the west". methinks you saw an israeli pity party, which would have been fine for some things, but not blatant bullshit regarding "western propaganda". if anything the propaganda is wildly in their favor here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Sturmbringe all you've done is repost hearsay, half truth and cute pictures. There's no fact to any of it. Should we respond with pics of the children set on fire by the phosphorous bombs the Israelis fired into the UN compound in gaza or any of the other countless atrocities they've committed? I think the worlds running out of patience with Israel. Something has to change. Gross over reaction and oppression doesn't seem to have brought peace.
    They are using Phosphor weapons? I thought every civilized country had stopped using that shit.

None fires phosphorus in order to inflict damage, it's used to create a smoke screen for concealed movement and with all artillery shells a missfire happens once in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    None fires phosphorus in order to inflict damage, it's used to create a smoke screen for concealed movement and with all artillery shells a missfire happens once in a while.
    Have you guys been living under a rock? Does no one watch the news? Here's a report from that hotbed of Muslim radicals sky news
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j98tJSYcqAc

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the Arabs stole the land from its rightful owner, the Byzantine Empire. There were no Arabs at all in Palestine, Judea or Israel prior to AD 640.

"Palestine" is the Philistine Pentapolis, i.e. Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, Gath, and Gaza. Judaea and Israel are the old Kingdoms of the Hebrews, and the Arabs have no historical claim on them.

In fact, no matter where you dig in Israel, you find Greek inscriptions. So I suppose that we own Israel as well, right? At least we have better claim on Israel than the Arabs do, since we were there before them.
    Sounds like you need to watch "This Land is Mine". It's a cute, violent, little musical number that goes over the history of just who "owns" the Levant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

Deleted
    Have you guys been living under a rock? Does no one watch the news? Here's a report from that hotbed of Muslim radicals sky news
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j98tJSYcqAc

That link said "it seems" to be WP, got a confirmation that is was actually that? I do not trust a journalist to correctly identify a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Sounds like you need to watch "This Land is Mine". It's a cute, violent, little musical number that goes over the history of just who "owns" the Levant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY
    That pretty much sums it up and can probably be extended to include Mesopotamia and most of North Africa too.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    They are using Phosphor weapons? I thought every civilized country had stopped using that shit.
    There isn’t any law outlawing WP weapons against military targets. It’s not yet considered a chemical weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    That link said "it seems" to be WP, got a confirmation that is was actually that? I do not trust a journalist to correctly identify a weapon.
    I remember watching it on the news as it happened they walked around afterwards where there were big lumps of burning phosphorous scattered all over the ground. If you look on YouTube there's far more disturbing footage of the aftermath. This attack was on the UN compound where women and children were sheltering from indiscrimate Israeli fire. They thought they'd be safe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    There isn’t any law outlawing WP weapons against military targets. It’s not yet considered a chemical weapon.
    No law against it, true, but its one of those weapons that nobody ever wants to use. Every soldier I have met hates the stuff with a passion, its a cruel weapon on par with landmines in my opinion.

Deleted
    I think that the following photo should give you food for thought:

This is Sgt. Eleanor Joseph, Christian Arab serving with an IDF Para unit. Please try to think the reasons why Christian Arabs go and serve in the Israeli Army, and maybe you will understand that things aren't quite so monolithic as the Arab Muslims, typically Hamas, like to present them:

You are not making any sense at all mate.
    Also lots of Christian in Hezbollah. If I remember correctly an important figure of it is Christian.

Seriously though... your posts make no sense. What do you mean? What do you want to say?

Deleted
    I remember watching it on the news as it happened they walked around afterwards where there were big lumps of burning phosphorous scattered all over the ground. If you look on YouTube there's far more disturbing footage of the aftermath. This attack was on the UN compound where women and children were sheltering from indiscrimate Israeli fire. They thought they'd be safe.
    Thats pretty messed up, I hope whoever ordered that attack gets what he deserves.

No law against it, true, but its one of those weapons that nobody ever wants to use. Every soldier I have met hates the stuff with a passion, its a cruel weapon on par with landmines in my opinion.
    meh, people whine and bitch about cluster bombs too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    And they would be safe, had some Hamas fighters not decide to use the building next to the compound as a rocker launch pad....
    But somebody as biased as you would of course not write the full picture...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides use white phosphorous munitions. But, as usual, people try to paint the Israelis as the only baddies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    meh, people whine and bitch about cluster bombs too.
    Bitch and whine? Lets see you keep that tough guy attitude when you have dealt with the aftermath of such weapons. It must be nice to be so tough nice and safe behind a keyboard in a safe country.

Deleted
    You joking? They filled the place with it.
    And cluster bombs in Lebanon also.