Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i agree with all of that mary said

I farmed revered on 3 toons in TBC for keys. I farmed honored for another one. that didn't feel anywhere NEAR as grindy and labored and tiresome as mists of pandaria faction grinding. In fact I would probably welcome TBC rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The only reason you feel that way was because you couldn't do 5 factions at once and get exalted in 5-6 weeks - you had to wait much longer than that because content was even more gated back then. It probably took you 3-4 months to get to revered back then.

The reason peopl complain about dailies is because there are so many of them up front.
    and because it was in dungeons. Not through fucking dailies. Which means I got rep and gear at the same time. It eased some of the rep grind. Double dipping in other words.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...was tabards! Yes, really.
    Look! Words!

Why not let us buy an account-bound tabard at exalted with each reputation, which could be used for alts?

Which is what Blizzard said they didn't want.

And as I said you would be ridiculously gated it was like that, as I recall after honored you only got rep from heroics and you could only do one a day, so no wonder you didn't get tired of it.
    You could get to one point from revered with regular dungeons, and the keys were available at revered originally, then honored a few months into the expansion. However the loot structure was so different that there really is no comparison. I don't know anyone that really felt compelled to get past revered with more than one faction (except netherwing, but that was purely cosmetic) for most of the life of the expansion.

Which is what Blizzard said they didn't want.
    which is why this rep grind feels even worse than in tbc

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You shouldn't say things like that. The Nostalgy-Police are on full alert in these forums.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Um, no, totally disagree. This is a bandaid to try and cover up the gaping wound that is dailies. Best addition to rep grinding, tabards. They let me gain rep doing what I actually ENJOY doing in the game instead of having to do tedious, repetitive, boring dailies.
    I agree with this 100%. Rep grinding in pandaria sucks. I mean if they made none essential factions like order of the cloud serpent or anglers or tillers into dailies, thats fine, but having ones like Klaxxi, shado-pan and golden locus ones you need to spend ages grinding, it just sucks.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    As has been pointed out, the commendations are very much a band aid solution. I don't think it will encourage me to 'rep' my alts but at least they have done something that will help if I choose to.

I don't mind doing dailies, but the mop dailies have been rather dull, and some are downright awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Agreed. I'm very happy they went back to having rep attached to quests and dailies.
    They could have a happy medium and have dailes + dungeon rep grinding. The daily system of rep is simply to throttle your gains and keep you subscribed for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Um, no, totally disagree. This is a bandaid to try and cover up the gaping wound that is dailies. Best addition to rep grinding, tabards. They let me gain rep doing what I actually ENJOY doing in the game instead of having to do tedious, repetitive, boring dailies.
    You are supposed to gain rep by doing things that are actually related to those you are trying to gain rep with, so in my eyes the tabards were dumb to begin with.

However I do think that each rep should only need to be acquired once per account, the only reason it didn't happen is because blizz wanted rep gains on alts to still be a long grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Weren't heroics gated behind Revered reputation?
    Not quite, only one person had to obtain the key to unlock heroic and I believe it was earned at honored, either way heroics in TBC were not worth doing as you could fully outfit yourself in pvp gear which was superior to anything that dropped in 5m.

For all of thoose that says you don't NEED to do em, they kind of wrong. Why? Because of the 90 lesser charm of good fortune. Now you gonna start bashing that's not neccesary, but which fool would skip to be able roll 3 times extra / week? Dailies are the only place to get em...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Not quite, only one person had to obtain the key to unlock heroic and I believe it was earned at honored, either way heroics in TBC were not worth doing as you could fully outfit yourself in pvp gear which was superior to anything that dropped in 5m.
    From what I remember in the beginning you needed the key to not only open the gate but to also enter it. They changed it later to only needing it to open the door. This was along with the revered to honored change.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    For all of thoose that says you don't NEED to do em, they kind of wrong. Why? Because of the 90 lesser charm of good fortune. Now you gonna start bashing that's not neccesary, but which fool would skip to be able roll 3 times extra / week? Dailies are the only place to get em...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87779

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    From what I remember in the beginning you needed the key to not only open the gate but to also enter it. They changed it later to only needing it to open the door. This was along with the revered to honored change.
    The way I remember it, everyone in the party needed a hub's heroic key to get into the hub's heroics. You're probably thinking of the Shattered Halls key or the Key to the Arcatraz, or even the Karazhan key. Those instances had actual gates in front of them that you could let people through, but you couldn't do them on normal unless someone had a key either.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    The reputation vendors all had epic weapons and recipes available at exalted, so by today's standards they would have been "required."
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2012-11-30 at 03:52 PM.

2% drop chance (as the highest) isn't a fair way to gain 90 lesser / week... That would require to find at least 23 keys / week.. ye good luck with that.. i truelly have hard time thinking that someone would actualy pull that off every week instead of doing dailies. Yes, you gonna bash and say "at least there is another chance" but it's not realistic to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be ridiculous. As a new player, grinding to revered to even be able to ENTER heroics was a royal pain in the arse. Esp. if you didn't have a core group or something like that. You were lucky if you even could go into that dungeon daily.

Todays reps are pinatas by comparison, which is exactly why Blizzard has to cap and guide everything or hardcore peeps would be done with it within the first 24 hours and the rest would whine whine whine.

Whether all this hand holding is good game design or not, is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    If you are in a raiding guild, and take it seriously, dailies are 100% mandatory. Not only are you missing out on charms, but you're also missing out on valor gear. So unless you're seriously the luckiest loot roller on the planet, not doing dailies = not giving it your best effort.

For players who aren't in that position, they are quite optional.

An idea I just thought of the other day to solve the alt reputation grind could maybe be to add tabards for alts when you reach revered/exalted with factions on one character, + maybe the commendations which they implemented in 5.1, where they only increase daily quest reputation (else grinding dungeons would be so much better on alts, making dailies not worth the while on alts for those who prefer that) . Not sure if this was the right place to post it but maybe someone has some input?