Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love some kids. I love interacting one on one with curious kids who always want to know more, or who are just out having fun swimming around and such.

I hate going to a mall or something and having hundreds of little brats running around oblivious to the other people who are trying to get from point A to point B without stepping on them. It's a pain in the ass, because they're just stop in the middle of a walkway and start yelling about something or another, and they don't walk very quickly to begin with. Of course I feel that way about many adults too. I like living in a neighborhood right now where I don't have to be as concerned that small humans who aren't mentally developed enough yet to know not to stand in the middle of the road are going to get run over by me.

Oh, and kids of parents who don't teach them any manners or restraint bug the hell out of me, but I think that's partly just really being pissed at the parents more than anything.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I mean, I see people on these forums talking about kids and babys like they are sent from Hell to make their lives miserable.

I am a teacher in training and honestly wtf is wrong with people saying such bad stuff about children. :O

You were a kid too you know.

Of course they can be annoying be they can also be endearing and nice + polite.

Often times I am stunned by what they score on certain tests which I have to check.

And I am a man by the way, so no stereotypical woman who is crazy about kids.
    Selfishness. I have one and she's great. We have issues from time to time like normal parents. I will not have another. My time is too valuable to raise another in this shitty world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because they need the sustenance of life?
    No I'll hire a surrogate. But they'll make me leak the sustenance of life!

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    No I'll hire a surrogate. But they'll make me leak the sustenance of life!
    Good God !

Nothing new.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2013-01-11 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Kids untouched by Facebook, Call of Duty, etc are fine. It's the new generation of kids that has a lot of annoying basterds in them. Other than that I don't know any people who hate kids in general...
    Look up tethering. The issue is the parents not the kids. My child will not have a cell phone, nor use FB or other social media. She is being taught to respect others and is not raise by the television which provides piss poor examples for today's kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Personally I have no problem with, and in fact am quite fond of, kids up until about the age of 6-7. From that age until the teenage years I find them exceedingly irritating - I'm pretty sure that I was an annoying bampot at that age too.

I dunno, something about the ages between 7-13 or so seems to just be the peak of obnoxiousness in children, at least for me anyway.
    Last edited by stuartj1992; 2013-01-11 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Kids are awesome at certain ages. Other ages they really suck lol
    Truer words have never been spoken. I'm a father, and I love my kids, but other peoples kids get annoying as shit
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't genuinely hate kids, but I don't enjoy being around them, I don't find them cute, and I am not going to ever have any. Maybe I'm missing that important reproductive drive gene that makes everyone melt over babies

Obviously my tolerance varies depending on their age, but I just don't have the positive emotional association with them that many people have. All I am is irritated that they are noisy or selfish or messy or clingy. I know intellectually those are normal functions of children and I don't hold it against them, but it doesn't make them suddenly endearing qualities to be around either.

That I was a kid once doesn't matter. If I time travelled and hung around with little-me, I probably would be just as annoyed. I wasn't a big fan of my peers either, when I was that age.

I'm glad people who love children exist, because kids need loving parents and patient, caring teachers and role models. I'm just not one of them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    People, have you ever heard of patience?

Kids require patience, often times they are misunderstood and often times there is something wrong.

Can't believe all the stories here are all real about children screaming their lungs out, at least 20% has to be made up to be able to justify hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    People, have you ever heard of patience?

Kids require patience, often times they are misunderstood and often times there is something wrong.

Can't believe all the stories here are all real about children screaming their lungs out, at least 20% has to be made up to be able to justify hate.
    This is a internet forum consisting of wow players. I'm not shocked a lot of them dislike children.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem is thinking the kid knows as much as you do.

When you tell them something always ask if they know what the word means. It will open your eyes as to much they really don't know.

What's really fun is when you go out to restaurants and you see 4 year olds with ipads at the table. I'll walk by and make the zombie face at them to see if they get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffie View Post

When you tell them something always ask if they know what the word means. It will open your eyes as to much they really don't know.
    Do people really assume kids know as much as an adult does?

That is just outright hilarious to me. xD

They know FAAAAR less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate is a strong word. Dislike kids intensely, yes.

Why? I hate weak, dumber, noisy beings. Whiney, helpless people fall into this category too.

Do I dislike all kids? No.
    Do I dislike all people, No.

But, I prefer to keep a 10-foot high steel-railing around my property and keep them out.

Also, worse than kids? Couples with kids and their complete obsession with them, their relinquishment of their lives and identity to their kids. They "live" for their kids. It's a concept I can't understand.

Heck, I don't even live for my lover. I live for myself. I would probably stand in front of her and take a bullet for her, but my motives would probably merely be me seeking an easy way out before I end up getting too old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffie View Post

Don't assume that they can't understand the things that you do though. When I was a kid, I was lucky to have parents that didn't talk down to me and always answered my questions. If I asked my father how much water was in a nearby water tower, he'd walk me through the calculations to make a reasonable estimate. When I was 2 years old and asked my father how to read, he didn't say, "You're too young, we'll teach you later." He just taught me how to read.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Do people really assume kids know as much as an adult does?

That is just outright hilarious to me. xD

They know FAAAAR less.
    i think he ment kids sometimes hear a word somewhere and think they know what the word means..... using that word later can cause akward situations

ah nvm i misread the post
    Last edited by mmoc1f56397094; 2013-01-11 at 08:05 PM.

I don't exactly hate them, I just dislike them...a lot. I prefer things to be rational, logical and make sense. Those things don't allways apply to kids and sometimes they are the complete opposite of that. I'm just that kind of guy. I also don't like noisy things. I do, however, understand you can't blame the kids for any of that, they can't help it, you know...becouse they're kids! Nothing I do can change that. But I don't have to like it, so I tend to keep my distance and not associate myself with them too much.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Deleted
    And you should not hate children for no reason at all. I am not saying you should like them but I don't understand why you hate them.

You still have not answered WHY you HATE them? (if you do, that is)
    No I don't hate children. But I just dislike a lot of them. I dislike them yelling and screaming in stores or being disobedient to their parents and/or other people. Or their parents just not giving a F. I dislike the "obligation" to find them adorable and cute and perfect. Just like I dislike most cats. Just like children, I can understand why some people like them 100%. I've just had unpleasant experiences with both.

Of course there are exceptions. And I do plan on having children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    What's really fun is when you go out to restaurants and you see 4 year olds with ipads at the table. I'll walk by and make the zombie face at them to see if they get it.
    After that the parents will have a doctors note telling you they have asthma and can't play on the yard more that 30 min a day..... Keep and healthy mind and body the weak will die off one day and we can start a new.

Crappy part is there are kids in the program that could use more outside activities rather than 2 hours of homework for a student in Kinder.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Don't assume that they can't understand the things that you do though. When I was a kid, I was lucky to have parents that didn't talk down to me and always answered my questions. If I asked my father how much water was in a nearby water tower, he'd walk me through the calculations to make a reasonable estimate. When I was 2 years old and asked my father how to read, he didn't say, "You're too young, we'll teach you later." He just taught me how to read.
    You remember things when you were 2?!! That's incredible!