Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    game is not fair
    lets make it even worse

>fuck logic

and all my friends disagree

best argument ever
    My dear lord. I made the right choice in abandoning hope in the community, you really are an elitist douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    My dear lord. I made the right choice in abandoning hope in the community, you really are an elitist douchebag.
    applying common sense and logic = elitist douchebag?
    double facepalm, 'cause single is not enough.

This is a joke, right? Where's the funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Either you can secure the kill or you cant, the element of surprise should have close to no impact on the outcome. If you complain they might think of some tactic during the pause? Then they might have figured out it even without the pause (like what are they gonna think of? drow silencing you and both retreating asap?). And you got time during pause to call for teamates help, too.

And ask yourself this: If 8 people are willing to wait for DCed person and one is not, why isnt it reasonable to respect the rest?
    Element of surprise having no impact? So stealth, blink, fog... the most important part of the meta game are there just for fun, wards are items designed for people who want to pretend to be WoW shammys?

Scouting just something you can do.. you know.. if you want.

Because 8 people are not just sacrificing their own time, they are sacrificing that of the one person who does not wish to wait. This is why a consensus based solution is fairer and less intrusive than a majority based solution. Respecting that this person doesn't have time or doesn't want to spend extra time is simple to do, because by pausing you have already decided that you have the time. The person not wanting to pause DOESN'T have the time. He/she stands to lose something, while those pausing do not.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

http://www.sureiscute.com/images/503...7726000156.jpg

Please do not post memes.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-13 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    applying common sense and logic = elitist douchebag?
    double facepalm, 'cause single is not enough.
    Stating or insinuating that my argument is nonsensical and illogical because I represent the view of my friends, or misquoting to bolster some humourous repose, and frankly juvenile attempt at taking a high ground in a discussion purely centered on opinion is definitely elitist. And in my opinion, douchebaggery.

Here is a double facepalm for you too, because your sheepish retort makes my balls itch.

Please refrain from insulting other users.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-13 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    So how long do you think it will need for the majority to abandon the "main" component of DOTA2 and move to the mods. Will it be just like wc3 or will it take more time for the transition?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    This is a joke, right? Where's the funny?
    Where do you think you are? There is no fun allowed in Dota.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Element of surprise having no impact? So stealth, blink, fog... the most important part of the meta game are there just for fun, wards are items designed for people who want to pretend to be WoW shammys?

Scouting just something you can do.. you know.. if you want.
    In this case? It should have no impact. If you clai mto be so good you can secure double kill on them AFTER you already engaged on them, then 4 lev drow and invoker wont pull some magical trick out of their sleeves no matter how long the pause is.

Because 8 people are not just sacrificing their own time, they are sacrificing that of the one person who does not wish to wait. This is why a consensus based solution is fairer and less intrusive than a majority based solution. Respecting that this person doesn't have time or doesn't want to spend extra time is simple to do, because by pausing you have already decided that you have the time. The person not wanting to pause DOESN'T have the time. He/she stands to lose something, while those pausing do not.
    If you dont have time, why do you play game that can take up to 75 minutes to finish, even without pauses? And why should THEY care you dont have time if YOU DONT CARE that someone DCed? If your time is so precious, you can always leave when they pause, would make it somewhat fair 4v4 alteast. And do you really find "fairer" solution for 8 people to have game ruined instead of one prson not willing to wait for one DCed? Makes no sense. Actually scrath that, it makes negative sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Did we collectively represent anyone who shares our view on the matter of pausing in public match making and disrespect "the fellow gamer"? Did I disrespect you personally? Do you have anything to back this atrocious claim up?

Why would this change the weight of my argument? Would you be more inclined to agree with me were I a paid professional gamer with a 100% winrate?
    No, but I haven't put all who share the view of pausing being good into one basket I am merely commenting on how aggressively people defend the pause feature and assume that I am somehow "unskilled" or within a "chimpanzee MMR", simply because I think the pause feature in public matchmaking is obtrusive.

Did you disrespect me personally, no, but you constantly strive to talk above me as if I have something to prove to you. Unwilling as you are to accept my opinion that the pause feature is obtrusive and unwilling to consider the possibility of a feature based on 100% aggreement rather than "pause whenever I want in the game, despite any detrimental affect it may have on the game and those playing it".

The person not wanting to pause DOESN'T have the time. He/she stands to lose something, while those pausing do not.
    Those are pretty rich assumptions. I very much doubt they're true even most of the time, and I very much doubt if anyone was in an actual hurry to do something useful, they wouldn't start a match in a game where matches can potentially stretch on for over an hour without a single pause.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 08:42 PM ----------

Stating or insinuating that my argument is nonsensical and illogical because I represent the view of my friends, or misquoting to bolster some humourous repose, and frankly juvenile attempt at taking a high ground in a discussion purely centered on opinion is definitely elitist. And in my opinion, douchebaggery.

Here is a double facepalm for you too, because your sheepish retort makes my balls itch.
    Thing is, you haven't made any sensible or logical argument in your favor and come across as a giant elitist douchebag yourself, so it kind of looked like you're replying to yourself.

Please refrain from insulting other users.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-13 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    In this case? It should have no impact. If you clai mto be so good you can secure double kill on them AFTER you already engaged on them, then 4 lev drow and invoker wont pull some magical trick out of their sleeves no matter how long the pause is.

If you dont have time, why do you play game that can take up to 75 minutes to finish, even without pauses? And why should THEY care you dont have time if YOU DONT CARE that someone DCed? If your time is so precious, you can always leave when they pause, would make it somewhat fair 4v4 alteast. And do you really find "fairer" solution for 8 people to have game ruined instead of one prson not willing to wait for one DCed? Makes no sense. Actually scrath that, it makes negative sense.
    I have engaged, as in, I am at the point where they are aware of my presence. I have left the safety of their jungle and are moving towards them. This is there last chance to make choices. The window of choice has grown huge now as they have 2 minutes to decide what to do, they can both easily target their abilities on me, there is no confusion that surprise brings.

I have time to play a game, without pauses. Why would I expect to have pauses in a game? Why should I have to extend the time to include the pauses for these people?

Who says they are having the game ruined? It is a fairer solution for EVERYONE to reach a consensus yeah, everyone has agreed they are ready and able to play a game for a certain amount of time. This is even explained before you queue "games can take up to 40 minutes". Why should people who queue for this be expected to wait longer because people were clearly NOT ready and AVAILABLE for 40 minutes?

I feel sorry for your balls, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Those are pretty rich assumptions. I very much doubt they're true even most of the time, and I very much doubt if anyone was in an actual hurry to do something useful, they wouldn't start a match in a game where matches can potentially stretch on for over an hour without a single pause.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 08:42 PM ----------

Thing is, you haven't made any sensible or logical argument in your favor and come across as a giant elitist douchebag yourself, so it kind of looked like you're replying to yourself.
    Who are you to say what is a useful application of someone else's time? My time is my time, it is useful to me always, and having it subtracted because people were not prepared to play a game for it's full duration without interruption is aggrievating and not enjoyable. I do not enter a game with the assumption that "oh if something comes up I can just pause!". Do you go in with that expectation?

How have I not made a sensible or logical argument? I have stated my opinion and given my experience that supports why I have this opinion. How is this in any way non sensical or illogical? What I see is a lot of people grasping at straws because they dislike my opinion, dislike that I think the system could be better and suggested a possible way this could be achieved.

Yes, very nonsensical and illogical. I agree <.<

Do you go in with that expectation?
    yes? (obviously in case of random DC or crash)

I have engaged, as in, I am at the point where they are aware of my presence. I have left the safety of their jungle and are moving towards them. This is there last chance to make choices. The window of choice has grown huge now as they have 2 minutes to decide what to do, they can both easily target their abilities on me, there is no confusion that surprise brings.
    Why would you assume they wouldnt be able to do it regardless?
    I have time to play a game, without pauses. Why would I expect to have pauses in a game? Why should I have to extend the time to include the pauses for these people?
    Why shouldnt you?
    Who says they are having the game ruined? It is a fairer solution for EVERYONE to reach a consensus yeah, everyone has agreed they are ready and able to play a game for a certain amount of time. This is even explained before you queue "games can take up to 40 minutes". Why should people who queue for this be expected to wait longer because people were clearly NOT ready and AVAILABLE for 40 minutes?
    Ahah, so when game reaches 40 minute mark, there should be autopause wil poll "do you have another 20 minutes of time to play?" and the side with less votes automatically looses, because "the game said game can take up to 40 minutes" ? I dont even know what to say, when I had games twice as long.

Also, doesnt seem like you know words like democracy and decency

not to mention you STILL DIDNT ANSWER the quiestion: Why should ANYONE ELSE CARE that they are wasting your time with pause if YOU DONT CARE about other 8-9 people possibly runing their game with unpausing?

yes? (obviously in case of random DC or crash)
    Then perhaps you are one of the culprits of game extension. I belive you are supposed to go in with the expectation and assumption that all players are ready and available for 40 minutes with no interruptions.

How often do you think an actual random DC happens?

Is internet really that bad that everyone is randomly DCing every second game or more?

Then perhaps you are one of the culprits of game extension. I belive you are supposed to go in with the expectation and assumption that all players are ready and available for 40 minutes with no interruptions.

How often do you think an actual random DC happens?

Is internet really that bad that everyone is randomly DCing every second game or more?
    pretty often?
    guess what
    not every single person in world have acces to high end fiber connection....

one of my friends always DC between 6pm and 1am
    and he cant do shit about it
    unless hes willing to pay for enterprise grade connection for like 300euro/month....

but hes always coming back to the game
    we should just throw away everything we accomplished up to that point and just queue for next?
    fuck no

pretty often?
    guess what
    not every single person in world have acces to high end fiber connection....

one of my friends always DC between 6pm and 1am
    and he cant do shit about it
    unless hes willing to pay for enterprise grade connection for like 300euro/month....
    Then why does he queue KNOWING he is inconviencing people?

I don't have high end fibre? I have the most inexpensive internet that disconnects if anyone in my house uses the phone.

Then why does he queue KNOWING he is inconviencing people?
    because we are all working or studing and we can only play at evening ?

I belive you are supposed to go in with the expectation and assumption that all players are ready and available for 40 minutes with no interruptions.
    well, you are wrong
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-12 at 09:11 PM.