Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Exactly. And in response to Kenny...

Planetside 2 has some really good guns. But you either farm the game for weeks to get the certifications to unlock it (it's 700-1000 for good guns, you get probably about 50 a day) or drop the money to get them right away.
    I'm sorry I never played planetside so I do not know what the comparison is.

If you could buy a BoE epic from the latest tier, or spend weeks (months even) farming it, you pretty much have to RMAH it.
    People are not buying gold to do this now? the 496 is the only things that would actually costs you anything more than a server xfr.

When dailies gave gear and VP to help you get into raiding, it immediately became mandatory because it was faster. The elite guilds require you to do all available dailies every day on 3 characters. Adding RMAH would require raiders to drop money to be part of the elite guilds, and eventually to raid at all.
    How many elite guilds are there with that set of requirements? If they require something then they do it cuz they enjoy being super hardcore. How does that affect you? In most cases they will do things with less because their skills are top notch. Adding RMAH will not do anything to effect their recruitment process.

Like I said its something I would want but we will probably never get. I'm fine with it. I've been playing since vanilla nothing surprises me with the changes they make or features they add. I'm sure Blizz has done enough market research to know its player demographic by now.
    Last edited by kennyisnotdead; 2013-02-19 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not expecting anything on Titan, but I think this is also the first Blizzcon where an announcement would be a real possiblity. It's been in the works for a decent amount of years now, so I don't think it's totally crazy to think we'll get an announcement of at least the basic outline of what the game is within the next year or two.

I think it will still be a number of years until it's released or even goes into beta, but I think it's nearing the timeframe to at least announce it. Maybe not this year, but perhaps next.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Here's what I expect to see:
    -Next WoW expansion revealed (along with new race model reveal)
    -Diablo 3 expansion reveal
    -Starcraft 2 expansion reveal
    -Project Titan reveal
    -'Blackstone' reveal

So pretty much this is going to be a big Blizzcon.
    "Blackstone" was already revealed it is a promotional website for Starcraft HotS.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW next expac
    Diablo expac
    Blizzard Allstar info
    Project Titan Info
    Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void Info
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    WoW next expac
    Diablo expac
    Blizzard Allstar info
    Project Titan Info
    Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void Info
    The project titan I'm not so believing. if it was going to be a next gen mmo there would be an entire communication strategy for it. As of right now its not even a whisper or a cryptic message about it.

Although the amount of titan story line in wow makes me think its xpack at this point.

Deleted
    im suprised nobody has mentioned anything about the warcraft movie with that huge update about it a few weeks back

How would I do it ? Following announcements...(no launches)

- New WoW expansion : certainly.
    - New D3 expansion : certainly (probably PvP by then too).
    - New SC2 expansion : nope (too soon, as the third and final part will take another 3 years)
    - New BAS (dota) game: YEP and probably already in launching mode just after BlizzCon (Dec 2013-Mar 2014 something...)

- New MMO announcement : 30% chance but even then it will be vague.

The problem is that ANY news about Titan would wipe all other news to the background and their BAS game AND the next WOW expansion are simpy too important to be overshadowed by Titan news.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-19 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    most probable: wowxpac
    probably some news to allstars
    maybe d3 xpac
    hopefully titan
    thats the things i think will be announced/revealed at blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so going to this. Live in Canada...so only a grand flight with hotel and such? probably less.....When you see a guy with a raging boner the whole time...thats me...you heard it here first

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    How would I do it ? Following announcements...(no launches)

- New WoW expansion : certainly.
    - New D3 expansion : certainly (probably PvP by then too).
    - New SC2 expansion : nope (too soon, as the third and final part will take another 3 years)
    - New BAS (dota) game: YEP and probably already in launching mode just after BlizzCon (Dec 2013-Mar 2014 something...)

- New MMO announcement : 30% chance but even then it will be vague.

The problem is that ANY news about Titan would wipe all other news to the background and their BAS game AND the next WOW expansion are simpy too important to be overshadowed by Titan news.
    By vague do you mean info and no trailer or do you mean a trailer but no info.

IMO I think there will be a straight-up embargo on Titan information this year, and then next year we'll see the final SC2 expansion and Titan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Why do people expect Blizzard will reveal all of their projects at once? When did they ever do that? At most they only reveal like 2 projects, even than your lucky.

WoW expansion is likely to be revealed.

SC2 expansion no. Its way too early after HOTS release...

Diablo 3 expansion likely

Titan a very maybe, depending how far they are with the game. Which nobody has a f***ing clue about :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why do people expect Blizzard will reveal all of their projects at once? When did they ever do that? At most they only reveal like 2 projects, even than your lucky.
    Typically, yeah, and it seems like it might be an information overload... but the timeline makes sense for all of those the way their development has paced, so it's certainly possible to see announcements for all of them. It's atypical but not a crazy theory.

| twitch | bsky
    |

All you people lamenting being so far away and the costs of plane tickets and hotels shouldn't be too disappointed. I live 5 miles from Anaheim and I probably won't be able to go because Blizzcon tickets sell out in seconds anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Typically, yeah, and it seems like it might be an information overload... but the timeline makes sense for all of those the way their development has paced, so it's certainly possible to see announcements for all of them. It's atypical but not a crazy theory.
    Anyone who's saying Titan is being crazy. From what we have been told, serious work only started a few years ago. There's probably not enough done yet to make a reveal trailer.

Anyone who's saying Titan is being crazy. From what we have been told, serious work only started a few years ago. There's probably not enough done yet to make a reveal trailer.
    When were we told this? Devs were already being pulled off WoW to work on Titan in 2007 and maybe even earlier. Not sure what you consider "serious work".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    When were we told this? Devs were already being pulled off WoW to work on Titan in 2007 and maybe even earlier. Not sure what you consider "serious work".
    http://www.titaneverything.com/2012/...project-titan/
    They only had a few people working on it four years ago. Now they have over 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    http://www.titaneverything.com/2012/...project-titan/
    They only had a few people working on it four years ago. Now they have over 100.
    Exactly. These things go through a lot of heads-only work before it goes to a full team for creation. They have to work out what the story is, the locations, races, factions, loot system, dungeon system, classes, quests, leveling, professions. It's easy if they were just making a WoW clone, but they've said time and again that they are making Titan something all new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one who doesn't want them to say anything about Titan? :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Am i the only one who doesn't want them to say anything about Titan? :3
    *Raises hand*

Save that for 2014. This year we'll have Expansion V and the D3 expansion. Both of which are going to be big deals. Next year there'll be less interesting stuff (woo, more unit balances for SC2!) going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so at all.

The game has been in development for a long time and has had a dedicated team for at least a few years. That's certainly not enough to estimate release anytime soon, especially with Blizzard's infamously slow pace but it's absolutely enough time for them to do a reveal. They might not have any gameplay trailers since it likely is too early in development for that, but certainly they could have a cinematic trailer and some general information about the game, their design theme, goals for the game, etc.

How long before WoW's release was the game announced? Quite some time. Although I didn't follow WoW from the start -- I only joined a few months after release -- I seem to recall the original release trailer was all cinematic work.

I'm not saying they will announce titan this year (I think next year is a bit more likely), but I think this year is completely possible.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-02-19 at 06:37 PM.

| twitch | bsky
    |