Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Your point?
    you said they all looked like the same crap... when most of the zones are very varied in theme, look, and flavor...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    Lol, that's exactly how I feel about MoP. Where else on Azeroth can you be The Kingslayer, Savior of Azeroth and still be treated like Farmer Joe when you go to buy seeds?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Your point?
    My point is it's fine to not like the aesthetics. But don't justify it by making sweep generalizations about cultures you are not familiar with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Or Gilneas as not being blatantly British?
    I can't, but that's mostly due to me watching TotalBiscuit's beta videos of the Worgen starting zone.

Deleted
    Also, i prefer Pandaria compared to Outland for example, shiny coloured things overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    But Pandaria isn't a copy of Chinese culture...Yes, the Pandaren clearly are. But there is much more to Pandaria than that if you were paying any attention.

And please tell me how you could interpret Tauren as anything other than a Native American ripoff. Or Gilneas as not being blatantly British?
    Pretty sure cows live on plains by default (if they wanted to rip off Natives, the Tauren would be buffalo not cows, though they do have horns... hmm what are the Tauren supposed to be again?) and 19th century architecture wasn't limited to Britain.

I like it. it adds depth and a change of scenery.

Deleted
    Pretty sure cows live on plains by default (if they wanted to rip off Natives, the Tauren would be buffalo not cows, though they do have horns... hmm what are the Tauren supposed to be again?) and 19th century architecture wasn't limited to Britain.
    Taurens aren't cows, taurens are taurens, and they could be parrotlike, it wouldn't prevent them from having many similarities with native american indians.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Taurens aren't cows, taurens are taurens, and they could be parrotlike, it wouldn't prevent them from having many similarities with native american indians.
    Well, according to this thread, it's super obvious that everything in this game came from a distinct source.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    My point is it's fine to not like the aesthetics. But don't justify it by making sweep generalizations about cultures you are not familiar with.
    I couldn't care less if it was Asian inspired, my justification for the dislike is the overuse throughout the entire continent.

Well, according to this thread, it's super obvious that everything in this game came from a distinct source.

I couldn't care less if it was Asian inspired, my justification for the dislike is the overuse throughout the entire continent.
    except its not...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The theme for this expansion is pretty good in my view (like Lich King, but I think Lich King still is the best). I would enjoy the theme more, but dailycraft is starting to turn my head to other games now sadly. Might come back, but not so soon.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

You're serious...? From the names of their outposts, to their dwellings, or their mythos, the Tauren are very obviously influenced by the Native Americans of the Great Plains.

As for Gilneas, I guess you can get past the British reference if you overlook the clothes, the accents, the environment, the druidic pagan harvest witches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    except its not...
    Except it totally is.

Night elves were Asian based, especially with the Lunar Festival...

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually almost all of northrend is based off norse mythology.
    The funny thing is Zul Drak was based on Angkor Wat, even the trees look Cambodian.
    I always get a Vietnam vibe from Valley of the 4 winds, kind of like Dalat.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it totally is.
    More like appropriately used. What other architectural style could they possibly use? If you go to China would you complain that they overused Chinese architecture?

The Yaungol are Mongolians

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    More like appropriately used. What other architectural style could they possibly use? If you go to China would you complain that they overused Chinese architecture?
    Haha, prove my point and then I get this.

Have a nice night, MMO.

Pandaria is the most beautiful zone in wow so far, and has the best music.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thoroughly enjoy Pandaria's Landscape and theme. It is one of the Best so far.

Kind of hoping the next expansion has a Steampunk theme.