Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    this is what makes me more sad... i never got heroic bottle so i will be shafted for another tier because of it...
    If you get lucky you can still get it and upgrade it when 5.3 hits. Not the best thing to do, but at least you aren't totally out of the loop yet.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Where are people coming up with "BIS" trinkets, femaledwarf profiles?

It would surprise me if Bottle/valor is BIS this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post

You can't use female dwarf yet with the trinkets so idk why you'd want to do that.

Why would it surprise you? Can you back this up with math because according to my math they are all underbudget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You can't use female dwarf yet with the trinkets so idk why you'd want to do that.

Why would it surprise you? Can you back this up with math because according to my math they are all underbudget.
    No, don't have any math but it is at least mildly unusual for us not to be using a single high ilvl trinket.

No, don't have any math but it is at least mildly unusual for us not to be using a single high ilvl trinket.
    Yeah it is quite odd, but the trinkets were nerfed in addition to them already being under budget. So I'm not surprised personally.

The Bottle has a rather ridiculous uptime on the proc. Given the ilvl, it's a rather ridiculously overpowered trinket compared to the rather meh procs of t15 stuff. Can't say I have any experience using the new VP trinket but all the sims I've seen for it seem pretty accurate, despite having hit on it, it's a very nice trinket.

That being said, while people are still trying to figure out exactly how the trinkets work, I would be surprised if a HC TF piece isn't better than either of those pieces and I don't think many people have factored in the extra six ilvls yet for those, which will make a pretty big difference. If upgraded items indeed make a return in 5.3, we very well may see 2/2 Shado Pan and 2/2 HC TF Talisman...at...jesus, 549 ilvl...be BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    The Bottle has a rather ridiculous uptime on the proc. Given the ilvl, it's a rather ridiculously overpowered trinket compared to the rather meh procs of t15 stuff. Can't say I have any experience using the new VP trinket but all the sims I've seen for it seem pretty accurate, despite having hit on it, it's a very nice trinket.

That being said, while people are still trying to figure out exactly how the trinkets work, I would be surprised if a HC TF piece isn't better than either of those pieces and I don't think many people have factored in the extra six ilvls yet for those, which will make a pretty big difference. If upgraded items indeed make a return in 5.3, we very well may see 2/2 Shado Pan and 2/2 HC TF Talisman...at...jesus, 549 ilvl...be BiS.
    H thunderforged items will be 541 ilvl, not 549.
    There is also no evidence that there is a H thunderforged talisman of bloodlust. It isn't in the database and it would most likely be in the database if it was supposed to be in the game tommorow. Also all the H thunderforged items drop off of ra-den afaik according to the database.

There is also no evidence that there is a H thunderforged talisman of bloodlust. It isn't in the database and it would most likely be in the database if it was supposed to be in the game tommorow. Also all the H thunderforged items drop off of ra-den afaik according to the database.
    According to chaud, some are missing from the db and will be missing until the patch has been live for awhile.
    Every item but tier should have TF version, and have a chance to drop from their respective boss.

I personally think it's dumb that there literally won't be good trinkets for us in there and I hope Blizz does something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    According to chaud, some are missing from the db and will be missing until the patch has been live for awhile.
    Every item but tier should have TF version, and have a chance to drop from their respective boss.

I personally think it's dumb that there literally won't be good trinkets for us in there and I hope Blizz does something about it.
    If that applies to wowhead too, then my bad.

But if what I say is true and the H bottle 2/2 is actually BiS without looking at thunderforged items, then it will most likely be a wash and it would be more beneficial to give it to someone else in the raid since it's not too great for us compared to the H bottle 2/2.

Right. I was refering to upgraded TF items, which would bring them from 441 to 449 in 5.3 assuming it returns but IMO it's something that should be at least halfway considered. Even at 441, the new trinkets should be valued out. Also, as far as I know, every single non-tier piece has a TF version. Pretty sure I saw a normal TF version of Talisman drop in Midwinter's raid kill at that, though it may have been another item.

Edit: You are right though, there are no HC TF trinkets in the database. Guess we'll find out next week when HC kills start rolling in as to whether they exist or not.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-05 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Right. I was refering to upgraded TF items, which would bring them from 441 to 449 in 5.3 assuming it returns but IMO it's something that should be at least halfway considered. Even at 441, the new trinkets should be valued out. Also, as far as I know, every single non-tier piece has a TF version. Pretty sure I saw a normal TF version of Talisman drop in Midwinter's raid kill at that, though it may have been another item.
    The normal version has a TF version in the database, but the H one isn't. They just must not be in the database. We will just have to see then, my bad.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 03:46 AM ----------

Now that I look at it 6 ilvls on the talisman of bloodlust doesn't really seem that good. You'd really only be getting ~100 ish more haste per proc anyways. Which is barely any passive haste. Doesn't sound good enough for it to become that powerful anyway.

Looks like there's a thunderforged version for all trinkets according to this blue post:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The proc frequency changes based on the ilvl of the trinket:

541 ilevel = 112.88% proc multiplier
    535 ilevel = 106.74% proc multiplier
    528 ilevel = 100.00% proc multiplier
    522 ilevel = 94.56% proc multiplier
    502 ilevel = 78.49% proc multiplier
    463 ilevel = 54.57% proc multiplier

This counts for both Unerring Vision and Rune of Re-Origination.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=48#953
    Last edited by Ruffles; 2013-03-05 at 04:01 AM.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Looks like there's a thunderforged version for all trinkets according to this blue post:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The proc frequency changes based on the ilvl of the trinket:

541 ilevel = 112.88% proc multiplier
    535 ilevel = 106.74% proc multiplier
    528 ilevel = 100.00% proc multiplier
    522 ilevel = 94.56% proc multiplier
    502 ilevel = 78.49% proc multiplier
    463 ilevel = 54.57% proc multiplier

This counts for both Unerring Vision and Rune of Re-Origination.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=48#953
    There probably is, but the fact that it says there is a 463 version etc. must be there for ilvl scaling purposes in the ptr.

Just an FYI, I just updated my site with the RPPM mechanics changes. I'm still not entirely sure I've got RPPM simmed properly though, so I would cross check results on trinkets with other sources. I haven't checked but presumably simc has more reliable RPPM calculations, I'm not sure if they have the latest figures implemented yet.

I didn't implement the buggy proc multiplier with rune, since presumably that's something that will be hotfixed quickly (I can't imagine it was intentional). I also noticed they said melee haste, which would leave out rapid fire and focus fire. Not sure if they forgot about us again there or if he just didn't word it properly.

I find it a bit odd that the new capacitive proc rates seem so low for us relative to other classes, given we tend to gear low on haste. I thought at least part of the purpose of those numbers was to balance the meta to be of similar value to all classes regardless of their gearing priorities but maybe I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    Just an FYI, I just updated my site with the RPPM mechanics changes. I'm still not entirely sure I've got RPPM simmed properly though, so I would cross check results on trinkets with other sources. I haven't checked but presumably simc has more reliable RPPM calculations, I'm not sure if they have the latest figures implemented yet.

I didn't implement the buggy proc multiplier with rune, since presumably that's something that will be hotfixed quickly (I can't imagine it was intentional). I also noticed they said melee haste, which would leave out rapid fire and focus fire. Not sure if they forgot about us again there or if he just didn't word it properly.

I find it a bit odd that the new capacitive proc rates seem so low for us relative to other classes, given we tend to gear low on haste. I thought at least part of the purpose of those numbers was to balance the meta to be of similar value to all classes regardless of their gearing priorities but maybe I'm missing something?

Yeah and the fact that crit is our best stat, they should've done something to compensate about the meta since we're losing the crit damage.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-05 at 04:36 AM.

Deleted
    the 463 versions is ofc for challenge modes while wearing the new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by kherber View Post
    the 463 versions is ofc for challenge modes while wearing the new stuff
    Totally forgot about that lol. Yeah you're right.

I currently have the Normal Mode Bottle and Relic of Xuen. I'm planning on buying the Shado-Pan trinket, so which one should I replace with it? I'm playing SV, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakog View Post
    I currently have the Normal Mode Bottle and Relic of Xuen. I'm planning on buying the Shado-Pan trinket, so which one should I replace with it? I'm playing SV, btw.
    Replace the normal mode bottle.

Replace the normal mode bottle.
    Alright, thanks.