Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No one is forcing people to do dailies. I got sick of them and only do a few a week, used maybe 20 coins total on various things and I'm fine; unless you're aiming for world firsts I wouldn't say that's a requirement.

New quest hubs are pretty good, you can spend a day farming for keys for solo scenario too (which is awesome) and finally, keep in mind a lot of the content is being gated, so you don't feel like you have to do everything in the first week.

Deleted
    The rep that the dailies provide don't come anywhere close to being compulsory to excel at either PvP or PvE, only if you like mounts, achievements and rep.

Don't do them, sit down and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethee View Post
    No one is forcing people to do dailies. I got sick of them and only do a few a week, used maybe 20 coins total on various things and I'm fine; unless you're aiming for world firsts I wouldn't say that's a requirement.
    The issue is that a lot of people are using the word "required" to mean "subjectively required". Not "objectively required".

When someone feels the need to do something, they are feeling like they are required to do it. And when it comes to getting gear (which a large portion of the playerbase mainly focuses on), any benefit (regardless of how insignificant it is) creates a feeling of need - and thus, requirement.

And since you can never tell a person what they do or don't feel, the feeling is real to them. Perception >>>> Reality.

Not sure why so many are complaining about the new dailies. It is basically completely optional content that doesn't give u any advantage in pvp or pve for doing it (besides coins). The best items from it are only 496ilvl but you should be spending your valor on the new 522 gear instead.

So unless you like mounts or achvs. don't do them!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Let's see dailies I hate to do (but thankfully have no relevant gear anymore so I'm not "compelled" in the slightest way to do them)
    A raid I can't see till next week

What exactly should I be excited about so far in this patch?

Look I get some of you like the daily quests but even you have to admit it's a pretty lazy idea. It isn't innovative in the slightest, it's fairly repetitive and just a massive time sink. Frankly it reeks of lazyness and boredom more than anything. If I could ask the developers any one thing it would be if they were bored with making this game? Dailies seem like the most boring and lazy content they could have come up with. I guess it's cheap to make and can be made quickly? Doesn't mean it's good though.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-06 at 09:09 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving the patch so far.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    The issue is that a lot of people are using the word "required" to mean "subjectively required". Not "objectively required".

When someone feels the need to do something, they are feeling like they are required to do it. And when it comes to getting gear (which a large portion of the playerbase mainly focuses on), any benefit (regardless of how insignificant it is) creates a feeling of need - and thus, requirement.

And since you can never tell a person what they do or don't feel, the feeling is real to them. Perception >>>> Reality.
    Actually Blizzard itself is calling them required although they probably would never acknowledge it. They call dailies "compelling" content.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Compel?s=t

Notice all definitions involve either force or co-coercion. The dailies really are forced by the developers own almost freudian admission. Your distinction is actually really useless fyi because NOTHING is objectively forced unless your mind controlled or hypnotized. I can't envision any scenario that doesn't involve some form of mind control where someone could be "objectively" forced. Like even if you lived in a 3rd world dictatorship you could still choose to be a hero.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-06 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Let's see dailies I hate to do (but thankfully have no relevant gear anymore so I'm not "compelled" in the slightest way to do them)
    A raid I can't see till next week

What exactly should I be excited about so far in this patch?

Look I get some of you like the daily quests but even you have to admit it's a pretty lazy idea. It isn't innovative in the slightest, it's fairly repetitive and just a massive time sink. Frankly it reeks of lazyness and boredom more than anything. If I could ask the developers any one thing it would be if they were bored with making this game? Dailies seem like the most boring and lazy content they could have come up with. I guess it's cheap to make and can be made quickly? Doesn't mean it's good though.
    Yes, because waiting a week is entirely impossible for a person to do. I mean thats as painful as waiting until next christmas.... You know if you have the patience of a 5 year old.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Not sure why so many are complaining about the new dailies. It is basically completely optional content that doesn't give u any advantage in pvp or pve for doing it (besides coins). The best items from it are only 496ilvl but you should be spending your valor on the new 522 gear instead.

So unless you like mounts or achvs. don't do them!
    I think a lot of people don't actually realise what the daily rep faction actually rewards. Its the Raid rep that gives you the good loots guys. The Daily rep is only really good to help catchup gear for alts/new players.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yes, because waiting a week is entirely impossible for a person to do. I mean thats as painful as waiting until next christmas.... You know if you have the patience of a 5 year old.
    When did I say it was impossible? I said it was shitty and it curbed my enthusiasm for the patch but I never said it was impossible to wait. You know I get accused of histrionics but you people really need to tone it down a bit.

Actually Blizzard itself is calling them required although they probably would never acknowledge it. They call dailies "compelling" content.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Compel?s=t

Notice all definitions involve either force or co-coercion. The dailies really are forced by the developers own almost freudian admission. Your distinction is actually really useless fyi because NOTHING is objectively forced unless your mind controlled or hypnotized. I can't envision any scenario that doesn't involve some form of mind control where someone could be "objectively" forced. Like even if you lived in a 3rd world dictatorship you could still choose to be a hero.
    Blizzard tries to make everything they implement "compelling". Not just dailies. And yes, things can be objectively forced. Like you are objectively forced to be lvl 90 to raid.

Sorry to burst you attempt at over-scrutinty to support your over crankiness about a game. Maybe you should relax for a bit before emotionally responding to posts.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2013-03-06 at 09:20 PM.

The problem with Blizzard relying so heavily on daily hubs as "new content" is that they all feel the same.

Going to the horde base in 5.1 and killing a dozen orcs, a couple heavies, blowing up a handful of things and breaking boxes plays *exactly* the same as going into the troll base in 5.2, killing a dozen trolls, a couple heavies, blowing up some tables and breaking boxes; which was the same as going into the Molten Front and Quel'danas and the Argent Tournament and etc. . .

It's incredibly difficult to feel engaged with them anymore. No, they're not required; but then I haven't seen anyone arguing that point about these new dailies anyway. The point is that they're touted as a major feature of the patch, great new content, everyone come see! And the reality is they're exactly the same thing we've been doing for eight years now.

This is all expected, of course. But that doesn't make it any less disappointing; that after eight years Blizzard still can't figure out any sort of innovations on the basic mechanics of questing.

Now, I hate dailies just as much as the next guy and I typically don't do them. They are monotonous and repetitive so the more Blizz keeps throwing at me the more I hate the game. If someone claims to enjoy daily quests, I would expect to see them with at least loremaster or I call bullshit. On the flip side, if people enjoy linear quest lines then why haven't they completed loremaster as well? My problem is people constantly bellyache about not enough stuff to do, yet they only have 3k achievement points, unmaxed secondary professions, haven't stepped foot in PvP, don't raid, etc. Now, I'm not saying you have to love every aspect of this game or participate in it but just because you don't enjoy PvP doesn't me Blizz has to make more non-pvp content to "balance" it out.

Get a life people outside of this game, or pick-up another one, unless you're raiding and stuck to a schedule there is no reason you can't be enjoying other mmos while still playing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekiara View Post
    that after eight years Blizzard still can't figure out any sort of innovations on the basic mechanics of questing.
    I agree here. Blizz has done some more fun stuff with leveling quests in MoP. However, the dailies are mostly "not those". The dailies all seem to stem right back to the basic kill this/collect that quests. Would be nice if they had more interesting ones (like the Golden Lotus one where you have to kite the croc over the corpses....at a bare minimum).

Blizzard tries to make everything they implement "compelling". Not just dailies. And yes, things can be objectively forced. Like you are objectively forced to be lvl 90 to raid.

Sorry to burst you attempt at over-scrutinty to support your over crankiness about a game. Maybe you should relax for a bit before emotionally responding to posts.
    Not really. You could play on a pirated server and raid at any level. You are also not objectively forced to raid at all.

You haven't bursted a damn thing. The reality is their is no such thing as objectively forced. You almost always have an alternative.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 09:24 PM ----------

I agree here. Blizz has done some more fun stuff with leveling quests in MoP. However, the dailies are mostly "not those". The dailies all seem to stem right back to the basic kill this/collect that quests. Would be nice if they had more interesting ones (like the Golden Lotus one where you have to kite the croc over the corpses....at a bare minimum).
    Because they recognize people just want to get this shit over and done with asap because they hate it. IF they added all sorts of neat mechanics it would just take up to much time doing the daily quests when people just want to get it over and done with. As for the lvling quests in mists being fun I disagree entirely. Cataclysm did that much better. Felt like far more variety in questing when I was playing in cata.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-06 at 09:26 PM.

Not really. You could play on a pirated server and raid at any level. You are also not objectively forced to raid at all.

You haven't bursted a damn thing. The reality is their is no such thing as objectively forced. You almost always have an alternative
    lol - "playing on a pirated server" is your response as a viable option? Now I just can't take you seriously anymore....

lol - "playing on a pirated server" is your response as a viable option? Now I just can't take you seriously anymore....
    About as viable an option as what's left to you when you don't do dailies. Hence dailies become very forced and hence being a lvl 90 to raid becomes very forced. However neither is "Objectively" forced. They are all subjectively forced, or forced in degrees. Your taking me seriously has no bearing on the matter luckily. I win.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Maybe you should think before posting so emotionally.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-06 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    5.4 SUCKS, Blizzard WTF!?

Now, I will agree with one thing, WoW is a very predictable experience, been like that for a while, and I don't really expect any groundbreaking changes to come, ever. Question is, is the game still enjoyable for you? Still is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    That is the thing those who do LFR should not have to wait a week to do 1 wing of the raid.

I would get it if next week we get the whole raid but its a extra week after the patch release to do 3 boss's.

They would have gave us wring 1 now and each week after another wing.

News flash to blizzard: Those who raid normal/heroic mode raids are not the only ones who was looking forward to this raid.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Content is subjective, so for some people it is.
    The English dictionary would disagree with that.

Would be better to rephrase it to "content that people would rather want to play". Would get the point across, at least.