Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Report players who do that kind of crap, Laurerz. That's griefing and therefore, that's bannable.
    You can report them, but I doubt they'll even be punished. People get away with ridiculous things on WoW.

Deleted
    Quite literally, ten minutes ago I was farming my way on the Isle of Giants. I'd stopped farming Warbringers after the fifth person had maliciously reset it last night and gave up. Today after spending so much time around the cute little Dinos I thought sod it, I'll log into my mage which was parked at the Dread Waste spawn anyhoo. On logging in, naturally the Warbringer was there and the area seemed empty so I tagged it and started running about like a loon. My mage is in pretty much just blues due to neglect, but is my only kiting char. After a few minutes of constant iceblocks etc, another mage and hunter showed up and invited me & helped kill it. The mount dropped and I won the roll. I could not believe my luck! This mage was the same one that had asked me for an invite a few days before for the Achievement kills and ofc I'd invited him. Had I not done that? Who knows. Why would he be inclined to help me!

Ofc this roll could've gone the other way, and I won't dwell on how gutted I would've been had it done so. I told them I'm always online (Because I have no life! :3) & just to /w me if they need a hand, assuring them I wouldn't be rolling on any mounts. "Was that the last colour you needed?" Ha, like hell! No, I'd just much prefer these people to get at least one mount each before I even think about getting a second.

I thought I'd add a bit more optimism to my OP; despite having this mount, I still completely think Warbringers are a bad idea and it IS setting people, guilds and factions, against each other. But without trying to sound pompous, when I look at my mount I know I got it through good deeds and the kindness of strangers (And a very lucky roll) And I hope the people in this thread get the same feeling when they get/mount theirs. & the ones that got it through being unnecessarily evil? Well.. Karma's a b*tch I hope Blizzard realise the mistake they made with this and rectify it as soon as possible. And until then I'll keep my fingers crossed for the good folks!

Edit; Once I'd posted this and tabbed back into WoW I got a /w from the mage that'd helped me telling me he had just got his too! THAT is Karma.

This entire patch has been pretty hellish for being on a pvp server and disliking pvp. It's hard to enjoy just about anything about it. The champion summons, the warbringers, the new dailies and even the little scroll ghost guys. Pretty much all areas of play have been free game for being rolled over by a group of horde.

To be honest i've met some real jackasses over these mounts, and people who were REALLY RUDE when I finally got mine after 40+ kills, I'd tagged a mob and saw them there waiting, so i gave them the opportunity to get a chance of a roll on it, we killed it, the mount dropped and i won the roll above 4 of them.. they proceded to state how they should've let me die and how they could've bugged it by taunting it away then calling me a filthy ninja for trying alone.

I've taken a new route with people like this now. I've moved my old pvp warrior alt over to the opposite faction, now if some rude douchebag beats me to a tag, I relog and gank that SoaB and get a guildy or my girlfriend to tag it. I'm a nice guy but there really is so much shit one can tolerate.

The main problem i see with these rares is that there are several guilds camping low-populated realms with groups on each spawn.

People can run around taunting your mob off a cliff all day long or evade them and gm's won't do shit. The other party can just claim they are trying to finish off the mob and want to kill it and the gm 99% of the time won't do a single thing. This is the unfortunate part of wow lol. People will always be assholes

10+ Year Old Account
    Just spent the day farming some Warbringers and I must say, after losing many many many spawns to assholes resetting my tags, I feel like doing it too!

That's the problem. The only way you are going to get a chance now is to act like a dick and Lightbringer-US only has that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently :

I have lost
    3 warbringers and 5 scouts to players reseting them.

I have seen 5 mount drops (2x slates and 1 amber) while hunting in groups and solo.

Most of the time if another team sees me soloing the warbingers, they will either attempt to flag me for PVP and/or taunt kite.

only ONCE in over 30 group and solo kills did another group/player HELP me/us kill it.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Currently :

I have lost
    3 warbringers and 5 scouts to players reseting them.

I have seen 5 mount drops (2x slates and 1 amber) while hunting in groups and solo.

Most of the time if another team sees me soloing the warbingers, they will either attempt to flag me for PVP and/or taunt kite.

only ONCE in over 30 group and solo kills did another group/player HELP me/us kill it.
    Thankfully it's not that way here on Suramar... We only have one guild --name removed-- That has consistently griefed players...

Most of the time I've seen ad hoc groups form when people fly over and see a realm-mate in combat with one... I even help the other side when I see someone I know is a 'good' person

[This post has been infracted for forbidden topics.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-16 at 03:10 PM.

I've done this multiple times with friends. Kinda mean, but after a tag it shouldn't be tauntable, similar to world bosses. You got outplayed, we used game mechanics against you. Simple as that.

It shouldn't really surprise you that people are competitive and would rather get something for themselves over someone else having it. Now if they are taunt kiting, sure that is pretty annoying and griefing, but to complain that someone didn't help you then that is your fault for needing help in the first place.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

It's almost impossible to taunt evade a mob that I'm tanking so I just laugh at those who try. I got 2 taunts one of which is a displacement and I can spam a permaslow on the mob (chains of ice).

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    I've done this multiple times with friends. Kinda mean, but after a tag it shouldn't be tauntable, similar to world bosses. You got outplayed, we used game mechanics against you. Simple as that.
    When someone taps your GF/wife guess what, you got outplayed. Simple as that.

Deleted
    Survival of the fittest, it's what wow has always been about when it comes to stuff like this.

I am guilty of resetting a few warbringers myself. Do I feel bad about it? Yes I do. Do I have the mount now? Yes I do. Well not all 3, but I'm content with 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Welcome to rare spawns. You think I wouldn't have done something to get a toon killed to get the time lost proto drake, or aeonaxx if I saw them nab it while I was camping it?

The only thing I would change about them (and indeed, all mobs) is that you wouldn't be able to taunt/knockback an enemy that wasn't tapped to you.

Beyond that, bitter competition and large groups keeps the mounts rare. Fine by me.
    Problem is, they're not rare. The direhorn skin can be obtained from the ToT daily factions. And if people have been keeping up on their dailies and maxing out rep they're either now exalted or will be getting exalted in the next few days. Prepare for an influx of dino-mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by TWBrien View Post
    Problem is, they're not rare. The direhorn skin can be obtained from the ToT daily factions. And if people have been keeping up on their dailies and maxing out rep they're either now exalted or will be getting exalted in the next few days. Prepare for an influx of dino-mounts.
    Unfortunately, they are rare. Problem is, the Slate color spawns twice as often as the other two COMBINED. Considering the fact that they are on a 35 to 55 minute respawn timer, camped heavily on all realms (even if yours is low-pop, people just abuse CRZ) and the drop chance is 5% at best, it's insanely hard to get the color you want.

Of course you can easily get a Slate direhorn since it spawns so often but what would be the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    LOL. Pretty much. +1 to Kiteh.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    it's insanely hard to get the color you want.
    3 : seldom occurring or found : uncommon
    Sounds like Blizzard and the dictionary and you are in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    It's almost impossible to taunt evade a mob that I'm tanking so I just laugh at those who try. I got 2 taunts one of which is a displacement and I can spam a permaslow on the mob (chains of ice).
    You can manage three if you play your cards right. I beat heads with a hunter and a monk working together trying to taunt-steal my tags and you can cycle taunt, dg and gorefiends. plus you can toss out an army mob or two and they'll hold tight onto it.

Friend and I had someone flag up to try and bait a shot from attack spam, though he didn't account for my friends powershot launching him off a cliff /nod

I'm not using gorefiend's, I got consecrated ground. The CC immunity is just too good, not gonna bother respeccing. I've soloed over 40 of these guys so far, haven't had a single of them stolen yet no matter how hard people try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
    This entire patch has been pretty hellish for being on a pvp server and disliking pvp.
    Uhm, why do you play on a pvp server if you dislike pvp? Doesn't make too much sense.
    Even when friends play there, it would probably be more enjoyable for you to play without them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    Win.

On on hand, it's pretty stupid that this isn't a bannable offence...but on the other hand, it's even more sad that it even would have to be.
    Just because they are tauntable doesn't mean that you should do it.
    But well, when it comes down to rares etc, some people really seem to forget their modesty...if they ever had it.

I'm really glad that I play on a server where such a behaviour doesn't seem to be too common.
    Since 5.2 hit, I solo'd many warbringers; often other people passed by - but not a single one tried to reset them.
    Unfortunately, I'm not very lucky, though, so I only got the jade mount so far.