Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As a ARPG & Diablo2 fan, d3 has to be the biggest failure ever released.. the game got uninstalled swiftly after decard died to that pathetic walt disney butterfly, the story was just so terrible. All of it was just terrible. Biggest cash grab in the history of gaming.

1mil? Yeah, that's why game doesn't even complete full parties...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya Im going to have to say that something doesn't add up. Ive dropped parties for one reason or another, grabbed something to drink, smoked a cigg and came back to be put right back in the same group. If there are 1mill ppl playing every day how does that happen?

Maybe because most people don't do public games?
    I don't even understand how anyone can want to play with random people

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    He cant lie about player numbers, even when subs are not involved. Blizzard could be in a heap of fucking trouble for little lies like that.
    He could lie as much as he wants, there is no obligation for him to tell the truth, nor is there any consequences for Blizzard besides a hit to public opinion if anyone ever found out which is highly unlikely as only Blizzard knows the actual numbers.

1m unique players per day? Damn impressive!
    That's like 5 times more than I assumed.

Most likely asian d3 market is less dead than us/eu one, it looks to be the only logical explanation for it.

It's hard to calculate how many of "players" are bots currently. But even if this number is 50%(which is unlikely, it should be 10-20% tops), 500k live players is still surprisingly high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Well that was never an issue in D2 so why is it an issue in D3? Not everyone who plays games is antisocial or afraid to play with people they dont know. You might want to try and step out of your shell sometime, there is much more to life than your mothers basement.

Infracted: Please refrain from personal attacks toward other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-01 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Well I agree 100% unlike philefluxx. Edit: Diablo3 simply sucks for co-op. There are many reasons for this, but mostly that it actually gets slower somehow. Unless you ofcourse group up with really good people, and you lack gear you're self.

I will however also add that inn Diablo2 it was like 50/50 group-up, unless you just farmed alot off boss runs over and over. But that was due to co-op being much more faster XP etc - Nice rushes, bots etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Ive been playing the diablo series since I was about 11-12, im now 27 and still playing zoomancer and frenzy barb on LoD, d3 will never ever even come close to what the first 2 games were able to achieve, it was such a fall on its face failure compared to the other games in the series, cant quite place what its missing but its certainly missing something, its like it didnt quite capture the spirit of the series or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    There are many reasons for this, but mostly that it actually gets slower somehow. Unless you ofcourse group up with really good people, and you lack gear you're self.
    It's because of the amount of carries now. Group MP has made this even worse. I am always stunned at the MP level people try to do for their gear level.

Best so far is a Barb that was doing 28k dps in an mp10 public game. When called on it, he went off on the fact that his eHP was gigantic. When we tried to explain that every person increases mob health by 75% and there was no way he could contribute meaningfully to killing them, he got really nasty. Some people just really expect to be carried. When you get 2-3 of them, it's abysmal. Gate out and leave.

The biggest clue you know someone is a carry is when they join up and immediately ask if KW is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Well that was never an issue in D2 so why is it an issue in D3? Not everyone who plays games is antisocial or afraid to play with people they dont know. You might want to try and step out of your shell sometime, there is much more to life than your mothers basement.
    There are big differences between d2 and d3.

First of all class synergies.
    Conviction aura, amplify damage, decrepify - doubled(and sometimes even tripled) the damage that monsters took from ALL party members.
    Things like fanaticism, druid spirits etc, buffed your DPS, HP, armor, resistances, +skills, etc to enormous levels
    Playing with a friend was fun because you were able to choose 2 classes with good synergy, doubling the performance of each of you individually.

Second one is experience.
    You gained more experience/hour when played in party.

In d3? Synergy is not noticeable and playing solo gives you significantly more xp/hour because of game mechanics flaws making party gameplay not rewarding.

Basically d2 forced you to play in party, because on hell difficulty there were immune monsters which made hard for many classes specializing on particular builds to progress/farm solo. Also classes like sorceress were essential because they were able to quickly find a way in mazes like tal rasha tomb and open a portal for other players.

It's hard to say if its good or bad. Without proper carrot on stick most people will always prefer to play solo. So it's quite a hard decision - to make people do what they don't want to do to potentially improve their gameplay, or just let them get the type of gameplay they like - killing monsters solo and feeling that they are alone responsible for saving the world.
    It's really not up to you and me to decide. Obviously there should be games with both types of gameplay.
    Last edited by traen; 2013-04-01 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    There are big differences between d2 and d3.

First of all class synergies.
    Conviction aura, amplify damage, decrepify - doubled(and sometimes even tripled) the damage that monsters took from ALL party members.
    Things like fanaticism, druid spirits etc, buffed your DPS, HP, armor, resistances, +skills, etc to enormous levels
    Playing with a friend was fun because you were able to choose 2 classes with good synergy, doubling the performance of each of you individually.

Second one is experience.
    You gained more experience/hour when played in party.

In d3? Synergy is not noticeable and playing solo gives you significantly more xp/hour because of game mechanics flaws making party gameplay not rewarding.

Basically d2 forced you to play in party, because on hell difficulty there were immune monsters which made hard for many classes specializing on particular builds to progress/farm solo. Also classes like sorceress were essential because they were able to quickly find a way in mazes like tal rasha tomb and open a portal for other players.

It's hard to say if its good or bad. Without proper carrot on stick most people will always prefer to play solo. So it's quite a hard decision - to make people do what they don't want to do to potentially improve their gameplay, or just let them get the type of gameplay they like - killing monsters solo and feeling that they are alone responsible for saving the world.
    It's really not up to you and me to decide. Obviously there should be games with both types of gameplay.
    I def agree with the exp part. They really should crank xp in group mode, due to inequality of players. I am almost ALWAYS better off killing solo because my dps is so high. If I join a group, I am almost always the highest dps (generally by far). If I am just playing for fun or the comic value of watching under geared people die over and over while they get carried, that's ok. Other times... especially when there's 2 carries in an mp8+ act 3 run... no. I just leave.

RE: synergy, I disagree some. Similar geared CS monk + CM wiz is just godly. Throw in a WD or Barb and even better. Even Monk+barb or wiz+barb is solid. Biggest loser is DH. I've yet to see any real synergy between a DH and any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Well, he still works at Blizzard, contrary to popular belief. He still speaks for them all the time. I think this is his 3 public appearance since his "transfer". He cant lie about player numbers, even when subs are not involved. Blizzard could be in a heap of fucking trouble for little lies like that.

I think the only argument "haters" have to stand on is this: Had some things been done different, there could be 5 million players a day, and five times the amount of transactions on the RMAH. If the systems were deeper and the acts about two times longer, I think we would have a MUCH higher retention rate of players than one million.
    Actually - like Wilson said - it is 3 million unique players per month.

D3 doesn't need to be played every day. D3 doesn't need concurrent players to cover the content and be enjoyed.

Because it is played on just one server per region(continent).

D3 could have 100 times less players even and it could still be enjoyed, it is NOT a small server based MMORPG.

Hardcore is incredibly addictive and while the shown HC new public grouping is 20 times less than the softcore economy, it is working perfectly, even better than its softcore AH counterpart.

D3 is a fabulous game enjoyed by 3 million people ... 11 months after its launch.

Haters are simply owned by this number. You can see it with their frustrated posts.

So you don't like it ? Multi millions still play D3 and ... WE like it... You got that ?
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-04-01 at 08:42 PM.

Mmm.

My recent experience returning to the game in the EU has been about 90% of it being bots and gold sellers advertising in chat to gold sites.

I think i ran into two human players in all that time. just my experience but considering theres at least two expansions on the way if the slates to be believed im gonna call generic damage control for future customers on this.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Mmm.

My recent experience returning to the game in the EU has been about 90% of it being bots and gold sellers advertising in chat to gold sites.

I think i ran into two human players in all that time. just my experience but considering theres at least two expansions on the way if the slates to be believed im gonna call generic damage control for future customers on this.
    Explain to me HOW you can run into a bot in this game ?

As ALL supposed bots will run private games and can not even be seen in game ...You would be a real idiot if you would try running a script in a public game ...

Perhaps playing the game would help avoiding odd posts.

3 million unique players per month: get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You can see it with their frustrated posts.
    Guessing the irony of you saying this ^^ just goes over your head lol.

As ALL supposed bots will run private games and can not even be seen in game ...You would be a real idiot if you would try running a script in a public game ...

Bad game is bad, no matter how many people are playing it.

3 million unique players per month....that counts bots that are player ran and gold sellers/gold seller bots and people who are dual boxing since each account is unique.

Not all 3 million players per month or legit players and that is 3 million players across 3 servers "EU/US/" and whatever the Asian one is called. also it may even count the starter edition that some people play just to pass time.

I am really tired of seeing you in each and every D3 thread white knighting it.

It is not the worse game ever made but it sure as hell is not the best ether and there is other ARPG's out there that are just as good if not better.

D3 at its start should have been better then the last major update in D2+LOD and it was not this is a fact that the player base has voiced time and time again.

Like it love it or hate it I really do not care but until you can prove anything different besides shooting off the same comment over and over please do leave the forum because its getting old and I will personally be reporting you each and every single time.

You can polish a turd and guess what.....its still a turd.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-01 at 09:38 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    RE: synergy, I disagree some. Similar geared CS monk + CM wiz is just godly. Throw in a WD or Barb and even better. Even Monk+barb or wiz+barb is solid. Biggest loser is DH. I've yet to see any real synergy between a DH and any other class.

D3: Monk 12%(24%)+cm wizard 15% + barb 15%. = 50% in average?

D2: Paladin 180% damage +35% attack speed + druid 150% damage = ~400+% damage. Necromanser with amplify damage doubles this damage = ~800%. Feel the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    3 million unique players per month....that counts bots that are player ran and gold sellers/gold seller bots and people who are dual boxing since each account is unique.

Not all 3 million players per month or legit players and that is 3 million players across 3 servers "EU/US/" and whatever the Asian one is called. also it may even count the starter edition that some people play just to pass time.

I am really tired of seeing you in each and every D3 thread white knighting it.

It is not the worse game ever made but it sure as hell is not the best ether and there is other ARPG's out there that are just as good if not better.

D3 at its start should have been better then the last major update in D2+LOD and it was not this is a fact that the player base has voiced time and time again.

Like it love it or hate it I really do not care but until you can prove anything different besides shooting off the same comment over and over please do leave the forum because its getting old and I will personally be reporting you each and every single time.

You can polish a turd and guess what.....its still a turd.
    Your problem is simple.

You can't accept that Blizzard just stated that 3 million unique players per month play Diablo 3.

In order to counter this you invent bots figures and actually agress people who like to play this great game.

"I am really tired of seeing you white knighting D3" and "I will personally be reporting you for each and every time".

Well, I don't accept that. You may have an opinion, but it is just that an opinion.

And I may defend my game as much as I like, and apparently 2.999.999 think the same after 11 months.

To us D3 is not a turd as you would like to call it. Accept that.

I consider your 2 cited lines above pure and utter harassment against me in person.

Like I said it is not acceptable against players of D3 posting on their game on their own forums.

If you find D3 a turd, what are you even doing here but to steer things up ?

No need to insult fans of this game.

I play mostly D3 hardcore and I love it. It is good to know we are MANY indeed.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-04-01 at 11:36 PM.

Your problem is simple.You can't accept that
    You really don't have the right to be telling someone they can't accept something, when you are on these forums to the point of blind fanaticism white-knighting Activision-Blizzard, whether you are spouting absolute bullshit or reiterating the same point over and over as if it were something new.

Give it a rest.