Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Where are you watching / hearing this? The BBC are now just recycling their content to the point where I could probably recite it myself.
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Older brother is dead. Younger one is out there on the run. That's what I've gathered this morning.
    You are correct, as far as I know. Sam the wiser was kind enough to update me last page.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    But, all those have only one thing in common, they were extremists. You are ignoring the one thing they all have in common, to blame something that as nothing to do with it. Why not call them all brunet extremists? Male extremists?
    I'd argue that some variables have something to do with it. I guess it's pretty obvious that men are more likely to be an extremist. I don't see that as being anything offensive towards me, just statistical data, which perhaps has explanation (like testosterone or something).

Similarly, if I say an Islamic extremist is much more likely than a Buddhist statistically, I do not mean anything by it, it's just statistics. Could it be random? Yes. Could it be because Islam has presence of a political ideology in its teachings unlike Buddhism? Could be.

The initial discussion was that Muslims are more prone to extremism statistically - that is what I am basing my little game on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listening to the stream right now:

"God dammit guys get your mic shit together!"
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

They are just grabbing everyone that walks the street I swear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, it seems the hunt is now at the University Darthmouth, Mass.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Meanwhile, it seems the hunt is now at the University Darthmouth, Mass.
    There's no way lol.

Deleted
    Lieutenant caps :d

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    They are just grabbing everyone that walks the street I swear.
    Yeh, listening to the stream.

Anyone without I.D. is pretty much being treated as the suspect!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    I'd argue that some variables have something to do with it. I guess it's pretty obvious that men are more likely to be an extremist. I don't see that as being anything offensive towards me, just statistical data, which perhaps has explanation (like testosterone or something).

Similarly, if I say an Islamic extremist is much more likely than a Buddhist statistically, I do not mean anything by it, it's just statistics. Could it be random? Yes. Could it be because Islam has presence of a political ideology in its teachings unlike Buddhism? Could be.

The initial discussion was that Muslims are more prone to extremism statistically - that is what I am basing my little game on.
    Statistically, 100% of extremists are bad news. Statistically, you are picking a minority of the whole, while ignoring the whole.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    i thought it was cats. made me think of the "do i look like a cat to you boy" scene from super troopers lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rorist_attacks

You can take all that for what its worth.
    That page contain Islamic attacks but doesn't give you anything else to compare it to. For example, this page says that there has been 4 attacks on America from Islamists but nothing to compare it too. To give a percentage.
    I too wasn't able to find any other data. Funnily enough, what I gave you was the first and last thing I found in Google. I agree with you that data is inflated due to the presence of war/post war period.

When it comes to the US Islamic terrorism death toll was pretty much zero in 2012. Then again, one year is also not really representative. Also, we have to take into account the % of population that is Muslim in the US. Even if right-wing terrorist acts are twice more common, per group capita it would be less than Islamic terrorism. (need to find data however, so its pretty much speculation on my part though).

But lets play a game. You have to bet your life savings on who is the terrorist, you have to chose one:

1) Man or Woman
    2) Atheist or Religious
    3) Budhist or Muslim
    4) Right-wing or Muslim

Where would you place the bet?
    I won't participate on your little game because it is based on stereotyping which I loath. Anyway, thanks for your agreement to my argument.

EDIT: also the presence of 3 Muslim options is kinda weird.

and ...yet ...another ...douchebag found by CNN to come on camera and tell us all just how great and special and saintlike this terrorist is.

"EVERYONE HERE IN CAMBRIDGE LOVES YOU, YOU'RE A GREAT GUY" - douchebag

All terrorists are good people guys don't be fooled by alarmist right wing media. /nod

The problem is, real Muslims don't consider Islamic fundamentalists Muslims any more than real Christians consider Christian extremists Christians. Just a page or so ago, someone dismissed the ricin mailer as "Not a Christian extremist, just a nutjob off his meds," yet when the Muslim community presents the idea that Islamic fundamentalists are simply nutjobs who grew up in a culture that practiced Islam, it's ridiculous. Nutjobs are nutjobs, their particular flavor is just cultural. And right now, in this time in history, most of the wars and strife in the world take place in cultures that practice Islam. Believe me, there were lots of violent Buddhists around during Vietnam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem is, real Muslims don't consider Islamic fundamentalists Muslims any more than real Christians consider Christian extremists Christians. Just a page or so ago, someone dismissed the ricin mailer as "Not a Christian extremist, just a nutjob off his meds," yet when the Muslim community presents the idea that Islamic fundamentalists are simply nutjobs who grew up in a culture that practiced Islam, it's ridiculous. Nutjobs are nutjobs, their particular flavor is just cultural. And right now, in this time in history, most of the wars and strife in the world take place in cultures that practice Islam. Believe me, there were lots of violent Buddhists around during Vietnam.
    Couldn't explain it better. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Always wanted to be a coroner for the Police Department, so Wounds & Biology are intriguing to me!

Looking at all the wounds, there was some form of force and heat on the large gash seen on him, most likely from an explosive device, which connects to the burning on his shoulder. The lower gash on his right side could be from a assault round rifle.

What I can assume, for those curious, is that he certainly didn't die in peace, but quite the opposite, in a lot of pain.
    But... why...

Dead people arent nice to be around. They are out to get me too!

I don't want to cause any distraction, but I just saw a quick shot of a rather large SWAT Officer trying to get out the back of the armed van, and it took a second or two for him to do it ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I miss when they were calling Sargent Fury over the radio every minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Statistically, 100% of extremists are bad news. Statistically, you are picking a minority of the whole, while ignoring the whole.
    Well statistically 100% of extremists are human, who live on the planet and rink water. It's pointless. Statistically the fact that men are more likely to be an extremist is already quite useful information for law enforcement when they are searching for suspects. Same reason why Islam and Anarchy is mentioned right away also and not Buddhism.

Either way, it was never my intention to hijack this thread - I simply found a statistical link and now I somehow ended up this great Islamic hater. That is simply not true, I hate ALL religions, not only Islam