Quote Originally Posted by BAIRD View Post
    No shit, time fucking flies eh?
    Oh shit it's bairdy.

a HTF version of the rating trinket may be 16-18% ish. I think with CURRENT haste levels that is roughly 6%. Overall it will be a nice trinket to guarantee that we achieve GCD cap which is going to be a big thing since 4 set + DP gives us GCD lock.

- - - Updated - - -

No shit, time fucking flies eh?
    Lich king and Illidan feel like yesterday. Time flies when you start to afk raids after content ends nowadays. Need damn break though too many bosses not enough downtime.

#Ret4lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by shoeboy4 View Post
    on the new ptr build it allows you to equip the cd reducing trinket and the amplification trinket at the same time. the cd reduction one makes wings 1.44 min cd, goak 2.16 min, bubble 1.8, divine prt 21.6 sec, and dev 2.16min. the amplification one is based off of the number of each stat you have not just raising each ones percent by 14% eg. if you have 15k haste is raises it by 2100.
    just from beating on the dummy's the stacking crit trinkets uptime is quite high and it refreshes a couple seconds after it falls off
    Yep, the cooldown reduction trinket works exactly like SoB does, and it's 39% with the NORMAL version, lol. Can't yet tell how it'll scale with higher ilvls because they've never done this kind of thing before. AW becomes 86.33 seconds, Guardian and Devotion Aura are 129.5 seconds, Hand of Protection is 216 seconds and with Unbreakable Spirit, Divine Shield is 108 seconds.

I also figured that the stat percentage one was not going to be flat. That would just be too outrageous. Still, this actually benefits casters more for their version of it because they scale better with secondary stats as opposed to melee relying more on weapon damage. Wonder how Blizzard is going to deal with that.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-07-03 at 10:27 PM.

on the new ptr build it allows you to equip the cd reducing trinket and the amplification trinket at the same time. the cd reduction one makes wings 1.44 min cd, goak 2.16 min, bubble 1.8, divine prt 21.6 sec, and dev 2.16min. the amplification one is based off of the number of each stat you have not just raising each ones percent by 14% eg. if you have 15k haste is raises it by 2100.
    just from beating on the dummy's the stacking crit trinkets uptime is quite high and it refreshes a couple seconds after it falls off
    So it's haste formula then 35 second reduction on wings isn't too appealing unless you are into SW may see something like 45 with HTF 580 version. HOWEVER I think we may end up with seperate trinket combos and talents depending on add fight or not. ESPECIALLY the CDR trinket. Overall I would take the trinket for fights that are very much single target oriented. The other "benefits" it gives are hard to ignore too.

I'm kinda disappointed that the cloaks didn't go up any more ilvl at legendary, but they're probably already some 21 ilvls higher than what Heroic Bloodwrought gear would be. Just makes the valor increase a waste.
    Tier 16 looks pretty good this tier, I'll take the winged helm over the lightning bowl thing anyday. I still hope the 4pc gets a little more interesting, but we'll see.

Help, idk if I should bend over or kneel for Bairdly.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

So, I apologize ahead of time for momentarily derailing your thread for a minute or two here Anaxie, but its story time.

Once upon a time, 3 or so pages back in this thread, there was a moron posting under the name isadorr. He was posting like he is in my guild, even going so far as to put the armory of one of our mages in his forum signature. Now, said mage logs on this afternoon and messages me about this and we have a few laughs at how absurd this idiot is. Blacklisted, the mage actually in my guild, messaged the mods and got the moron banned, as you can see if you go back and look at his posts. So yea, that dude and whatever bullshit he was spouting off is in fact full of shit and is talking out of his ass.

Anyways, sorry friends for the derail. Much ♥ for my ret bros, carry on with the theorycrafting and real ret stuff.

So, haste and trinkets and all that jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Yep, the cooldown reduction trinket works exactly like SoB does, and it's 39% with the NORMAL version, lol. Can't yet tell how it'll scale with higher ilvls because they've never done this kind of thing before. AW becomes 86.33 seconds, Guardian and Devotion Aura are 129.5 seconds, Hand of Protection is 216 seconds and with Unbreakable Spirit, Divine Shield is 108 seconds.

I also figured that the stat percentage one was not going to be flat. That would just be too outrageous. Still, this actually benefits casters more for their version of it because they scale better with secondary stats as opposed to melee relying more on weapon damage. Wonder how Blizzard is going to deal with that.
    It's a trinket I wouldn't pass on picking up ever. The benefits it can provide on single target oriented fights are pretty damn good. Expect to use DP and SW alot this tier.

The % trinket is pretty much required the best version at next tier BIS should be around 6-7% haste on equip and 7%+ Mastery and however the crit mod is derived. GCD cap with our bloated GCD locked rotation is gonna be mandatory. + We need max hits for lightning strike and Xuen cloak procs and the soon to see weapon procs.

For now we need to check BOTH those trinkets strength proc values < incase tooltip is wrong> and uptime / see if the ICD is RPPM

I HOWEVER am still very much concerned with. You guessed it. CDR trinket + SW + Old 4 set being better on single target encounters.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    It's a trinket I wouldn't pass on picking up ever. The benefits it can provide on single target oriented fights are pretty damn good. Expect to use DP and SW alot this tier.
    Not to mention Devo aura reduc. Does anyone know if it works for rally/demo banner for warrior?

I wish I was a ret paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed that the cloaks didn't go up any more ilvl at legendary, but they're probably already some 21 ilvls higher than what Heroic Bloodwrought gear would be. Just makes the valor increase a waste.
    Tier 16 looks pretty good this tier, I'll take the winged helm over the lightning bowl thing anyday. I still hope the 4pc gets a little more interesting, but we'll see.
    1st, it's ptr and we still don't know if valor upgrades is going to be up and running from the start (most likely not) so it might not show up in ptr files that some new items can be valor upgraded.
    2nd, like you said 600 ilvl is quite high and for all we know this can be the "limit" this expansion for gear ilvl, which would point towards the other legendary item (wep perhaps) will be 600ilvl as well. If we follow the "scale" of wep damage on 2handers a 600 ilvl wep should be around 65k range, which in it self is madness.
    3rd, Unless I've missed something there's no use for valor points next tier, no daily vendors or anything of that sorts. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we'll be informed very soon that valor next tier will be used for epic gems (raw) and JC gets new recipies. It's been "tradition" the past 3 expos that epic gems comes around for the last tier, in DS we got them from raid "stones" that we turned into gems.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    No surprise if this ends up BIS next tier. a single clump aoe = full stack. Whats the full stack crit %?

- - - Updated - - -

Get Roped. Goddamn you have been playing this game forever.

SWP rets are almost dead.
    full stack of the crit trinket adds 39.16% crit which is 23500 rating

Checking the str proc on the 2 str proc ones naked with a white weapon it is correct at 11761 str for 10 sec. it also seems to have an icd or really low ppm ratio
    Last edited by shoeboy4; 2013-07-03 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    1st, it's ptr and we still don't know if valor upgrades is going to be up and running from the start (most likely not) so it might not show up in ptr files that some new items can be valor upgraded.
    2nd, like you said 600 ilvl is quite high and for all we know this can be the "limit" this expansion for gear ilvl, which would point towards the other legendary item (wep perhaps) will be 600ilvl as well. If we follow the "scale" of wep damage on 2handers a 600 ilvl wep should be around 65k range, which in it self is madness.
    3rd, Unless I've missed something there's no use for valor points next tier, no daily vendors or anything of that sorts. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we'll be informed very soon that valor next tier will be used for epic gems (raw) and JC gets new recipies. It's been "tradition" the past 3 expos that epic gems comes around for the last tier, in DS we got them from raid "stones" that we turned into gems.
    VP has to be up. Currently there is no new vendor. What the fuck will people who have been doing current tier in ANY mode spend vp on?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeaaaaaaah. Thats gonna be BIS if it refreshes that often. Especially AoE encounters. Non Aoe encounters I could see us dropping CDR trinket for critical and post the uptimes

HOWEVER if the crit stacking trinket synergizes with the critical damage mode equip effect of the other giving us a on proc skull banner worth of damage <maybe more> wee..... might be using the crit trinket. The trinket will be even better if its a huge mastery / haste tier because then we can get to 60% Crit rating off just procs alone / buffs / passives alone.

Now for something else to blow your mind. How good would a say.... 4 set holy tv with that crit rate be compared to bonus ds hits?

My head really hurts we have 3 amazing trinkets + feather here. TWO tier sets that excel at different things. And two very appealing core DPS talents. I think blizzard has finally succeded in making gearing not cut n paste. Christ.

A major requirement for DROPPING 4 set T15 is definetly having the rating % trinket so the boosted stats ilvl synergizes with the trinket for an additional increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Checking the str proc on the 2 str proc ones naked with a white weapon it is correct at 11761 str for 10 sec. it also seems to have an icd or really low ppm ratio
    How often can you reach full stack single target only? How often does this proc. Just run it side by side with feather if possible since they are similar RPPM style.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I apologize ahead of time for momentarily derailing your thread for a minute or two here Anaxie, but its story time.

Once upon a time, 3 or so pages back in this thread, there was a moron posting under the name isadorr. He was posting like he is in my guild, even going so far as to put the armory of one of our mages in his forum signature. Now, said mage logs on this afternoon and messages me about this and we have a few laughs at how absurd this idiot is. Blacklisted, the mage actually in my guild, messaged the mods and got the moron banned, as you can see if you go back and look at his posts. So yea, that dude and whatever bullshit he was spouting off is in fact full of shit and is talking out of his ass.

Anyways, sorry friends for the derail. Much ♥ for my ret bros, carry on with the theorycrafting and real ret stuff.

So, haste and trinkets and all that jazz
    If u check all isodorrs posts in my thread I have called him out for being an imposter and TOLD blacklisted over 6 months ago this was happening.

Anyhow you should stick around.

You still casual style now and could care less about ranking on gimmic fights or anything? You said that last time we spoke. I very much feel the same after playing so many years.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yeah, I know PTR is PTR, even if they do up the ilvl and - for whatever ungodly reason - take out VP upgrading, it will probably just be 608.

I want one too, but I have a bad feel about getting a legendary weapon, Scoob. Hopefully the Corrupted Gorehowl or X weapon will give us some right swell damage.
    I think the item we get, after killing Garrosh, from the Golden Lotus is just an item that allows us to fight Ordos, and the extra 'legendary' reward is an additional chance at raid level loot. Which would be a real cop-out in my opinion, but I just don't see every archetype getting a specifically tailored weapon.

I hope they don't get rid of VP upgrades, it gives us something to do with it. I mean, if they wanna toss in epic gems, assuming they're not 3000 valor a piece, I'm all for that too. I just feel like, should the upgrading stay, it's not a lot, but that 500 vp could have gone to something else more useful. Who knows, maybe there will be a faction that has 540 whatever items. I just want there to be some real purpose to the currency.

Need to get back to trinket talk. Don't feed the haters, even though I'm so pleased to be the subject of the last few pages.
    dam just make new trinket emazing topic - dam?...

15+ Year Old Account
    aoeing actually makes the crit trinket stack absurdly fast everything that gets hit equates to a stack. i was dsing the 4 dummys in org and its giving 4 stacks per hammer of righteous and ds.

its hitting 20 stacks just as its expiring but i would also add im not in heroic gear just reg t15 at switched from the t16 for the 5 min i spent just doing rotation it doesnt seem to drop off after proc ends for more than 2-4 seconds before it procs again
    Last edited by shoeboy4; 2013-07-03 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help feeling that these amazing trinkets aren't going to be nearly as good as they seem now once they hit live.. I'm not going to get my hopes up .

Remember guys they still have to do a numbers pass.. and knowing our luck the melee trinkets will get nerfed a lot more than the caster ones . =(
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Check the ICD if it's static it will be easy to find. Both procs should match being the same. Try it naked and with haste too see if it is influenced or not. 35 /45 / 108 are cd numbers to watch for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    Yeah, I know PTR is PTR, even if they do up the ilvl and - for whatever ungodly reason - take out VP upgrading, it will probably just be 608.

I want one too, but I have a bad feel about getting a legendary weapon, Scoob. Hopefully the Corrupted Gorehowl or X weapon will give us some right swell damage.
    I think the item we get, after killing Garrosh, from the Golden Lotus is just an item that allows us to fight Ordos, and the extra 'legendary' reward is an additional chance at raid level loot. Which would be a real cop-out in my opinion, but I just don't see every archetype getting a specifically tailored weapon.

I hope they don't get rid of VP upgrades, it gives us something to do with it. I mean, if they wanna toss in epic gems, assuming they're not 3000 valor a piece, I'm all for that too. I just feel like, should the upgrading stay, it's not a lot, but that 500 vp could have gone to something else more useful. Who knows, maybe there will be a faction that has 540 whatever items. I just want there to be some real purpose to the currency.
    If VP is avail from the getgo I would hope epic gems are purchaseable with 1k / 500 VP to allow some extra cashflow. That and you will be upgrading gear faster then you can get it with it open from the start. That isn't a bad thing though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jello72 View Post
    dam just make new trinket emazing topic - dam?...
    What are you talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Shoeboy try to find out if the 23k rating increases the equip trinekts critical damage mod and by how much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Not to mention Devo aura reduc. Does anyone know if it works for rally/demo banner for warrior?
    Works with Rally and Recklessness those are the only 2 abilites that aren't defensive / raid wide they get.

15+ Year Old Account
    amplification one seems to take 1min 50 sec between procs and the cd proc one took around 45 sec to proc. this is naked with just a white weapon and the trinket auto attacking the dummy. earlier i had both proccing at the same time one or two times. i notice the cd reduction one procs alot more than the amplification one

ill check the amplification and crit together along with if haste effects the 2 str trinkets in a moment and i will report back

amplification doesnt increase the amount of crit given by the stacking crit trinket its still 23500 on character sheet
    Last edited by shoeboy4; 2013-07-03 at 11:16 PM.

If VP is avail from the getgo I would hope epic gems are purchaseable with 1k / 500 VP to allow some extra cashflow. That and you will be upgrading gear faster then you can get it with it open from the start. That isn't a bad thing though.
    Yeah, that's a reasonable amount. That's 1 epic gem a week, I can jive to that. Plus being that low of a VP cost, they probably won't be obscenely expensive should you want more. Call me stupid, but I didn't even think about how fast I'd be replacing gear. Now I'm less worried, thanks.