Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Litoru View Post
    I started playing WoW december 2005, and I stopped around april 2012.

../...(cut 50 lines of whines)...../...

Call it nostalgia. I don't play this game anymore, because it's simply not as good and the community has become worthless.

Typical ... how about "I played this game for almost 7 years and so my personal vision became very blurred and I got bored" ?

I am sure the vast majority falls into this category. Why do people always think THEY are the center of the universe,... well you're not, ... 6.5 billion others have their own experience and within X years the world will turn without you ... how strange that even may be....

Also if every game would be played for 7 years, well there would only be a handful of games left ...

tldr: you changed and played too long. A pity 99.99% of the players don't understand this very simple logic.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-21 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    main things that turn me off wow.

1. no progression outside gear, each expansion 95% of the progress i achieved is neutralized the rest is purely cosmetic ie. achievements,titles,mounts , transmog gear and pets.

2. No dynamic content that effects the world, everything anyone ever does in raids,quests or anything in game is pointless as it has 0.000000000% effect on the story of the game. It feels like we are invited to look at the cute animals in the zoo but not play with/ stroke them.

3. Focus on nerfing/ buffing classes makes choosing a class to stick with very difficult. I played shadow priest it's mana battery ability got nerfed into the ground then completely removed. This has happened to every single class i enjoy. I play it, enjoy it they then change it drastically so i change class to another one i enjoy but they do the same.

Also it seems really silly to complain about tiny things such as lfr/ lfg...it's basically stifling the advancement of mmos by focusing on such trivial things >.< I guess different people have different opinions as to what trivial is though...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-07-21 at 10:12 PM.

The first time was the shared lock outs. Several of the high end raiders on our server begged and pleaded that doing this would kill 25 man raiding. (it has) and they did it anyway and 9 of our best ran off to make a A team that lasted almost 2 full month into Cata before it disintegrated. We battled less and less skilled recruits because the goods were all trying to do 10s as they were seen as much easier. Guild went down to a 10... then folded.

Second time I left was to play Swtor, really wish they had made that game better but it was horrid end game so ended up coming back out of boredom.

Third time was because of MoP, it is like they have no clue what to do with Hunters or Resto shaman. My two mains I played with and raided on.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Typical ... how about "I played this game for almost 7 years and so my personal vision became very blurred and I got bored" ?

I am sure the vast majority falls into this category. Why do people always think THEY are the center of the universe,... well you're not, ... 6.5 billion others have their own experience and within X years the world will turn without you ... how strange that even may be....

Also if every game would be played for 7 years, well there would only be a handful of games left ...

tldr: you changed and played too long. A pity 99.99% of the players don't understand this very simple logic.
    when WoW had 12 million players, a Blizzard exec stated that three times as many people USED to play the game as were currently playing it. now, with that 12 million a distant memory, i think its safe to say that there are probably around 40 million "ex" WoW players. there are a ton of reasons why this many people stopped playing, and i would be willing to bet only a very small portion fall under the "i played for 7 years then got bored" category.

educate yourself. read the responses in this thread, and understand the disparate reasons why people have left. or do your usual trick of burying your head in the sand and repeating the same thing time after time while ignoring any posts that prove you wrong. your choice.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    educate yourself. read the responses in this thread, and understand the disparate reasons why people have left. or do your usual trick of burying your head in the sand and repeating the same thing time after time while ignoring any posts that prove you wrong. your choice.
    Dude please dont feed the troll.

Everyone on this forum knows to ignore what Benbos says. Hes gonna try his best to de-rail this thread and get it locked, so we want to try and avoid arguments.

Lets keep this thread as an honest record of reasons why people quit

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I began playing WoW right before Cataclysm. It took until Firelands release to get me disgruntled with the change of nerfing content.
    I've been mad at most of their decisions ever since (save for Rated BGs which were fucking ace and transmogging).

Slowly and slowly you chip away at players fortitude to keep playing.

Cataclysm start pretty much did it in for me.

Came back briefly when things were looking to go back towards more Wrath-style gameplay... but then CRZ happened on my formerly perfectly-fine PVE server, and I've been gone ever since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    If anything was ever destroying WoW's community it's people like you. So once again, glad you unsubbed and noone has to deal with your attitude. And yes, kicking people from group ONLY because they bought an item in a in game store is harrasement - not chosing who you play with. It's quite sad you apparently can't understand that. It's even more sad you promote it. Your sig is hatefull and mostly childish.
    My sub won't run out for 6 more mo. So I will spend that time cleaning out my groups. kick someone is not harassment. You can kick anyone for any reason if you want to. This came from blizzard.

Originally Posted by Bashiok

The situations you list don't make you immune to vote kicks.

If the people in your party don't commonly kick others, and have the ability to come to a general consensus, they can kick you for no reason(if they really wanted). But, that will impact their ability to kick others in the future. My guess is that you happened upon multiple groups that don't commonly kick, and you gave them a reason to do so.

My guild died. I have a lot less time to spend on WoW and to top it off I lost interest in the combat system.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    If anything was ever destroying WoW's community it's people like you. So once again, glad you unsubbed and noone has to deal with your attitude. And yes, kicking people from group ONLY because they bought an item in a in game store is harrasement - not chosing who you play with. It's quite sad you apparently can't understand that. It's even more sad you promote it. Your sig is hatefull and mostly childish.
    My sub won't run out for 6 more mo. So I will spend that time cleaning out my groups. kick someone is not harassment. You can kick anyone for any reason if you want to. This came from blizzard.

Originally Posted by Bashiok

The situations you list don't make you immune to vote kicks.

If the people in your party don't commonly kick others, and have the ability to come to a general consensus, they can kick you for no reason(if they really wanted). But, that will impact their ability to kick others in the future. My guess is that you happened upon multiple groups that don't commonly kick, and you gave them a reason to do so.
    Also My sig is on the Same level as the people with the U poor bro sigs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    And the award for most ridiculous forum poster goes to...

Keep it civil, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-21 at 11:51 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mx View Post
    And the award for most ridiculous forum poster goes to...
    such a constructive post you made there. Some of us paid for wow subs in 6 mo blocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    such a constructive post you made there. Some of us paid for wow subs in 6 mo blocks.
    Yes because admitting you're a jerk in lfr is so much more constructive. Edit: Also, I wasn't talking about your subscription time, I myself have a 1 year exempt going at the moment, I was talking about your views on lfr and the helmets.
    Last edited by Mx; 2013-07-21 at 11:48 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mx View Post
    Yes because admitting you're a jerk in lfr is so much more constructive.

Takes 5 in lfr to start a kick and the majority to vote yes for a kick to pass. I would think that is not one persons view but the majority of the groups view.

but This thread has nothing to do with lfr so stop derailing it and make a thread about lfr if you want to talk about that

I got drove away because I couldn't see paying 15 a month when I have a baby due in a month and can spend that 15 bucks somewhere for him. I also left because my guild merged with another guild and cut me and about 8 of our other regular raiders out of the 25 man because they only "needed" 2-3 people from my guild to be in their 25 man so.

After playing Vanilla, TBC and WotLK hardcore (loved all 3), I entered Cata and that was it, I was done 'cause shit was too old for me at that point.

Takes 5 in lfr to start a kick and the majority to vote yes for a kick to pass. I would think that is not one persons view but the majority of the groups view.
    You don't find it ironic that your misspelled username and avatar calls you out for vote-kicking someone for doing what they enjoy doing or spending their money on something they enjoy?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make it all account account bound so I play all my alts. profs, gear, rep, everything except honor and xp.
    Operation Red Wing

I got bored. My account is still active, I just don't really play anymore. I'll start again when the next patch comes out I'm sure.

Cataclysm, or specifically, H.Spine which killed my guild and interest.