Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just think of what the government does with your taxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well I'm sorry but if someone is stupid enough to give a company money when they clearly think that that company doesn't deserve it, then they deserve to lose their money TBH.
    I mainly subscribe to WoW to fund the Titan project. I play it just occasionally...

Quote Originally Posted by Rah55 View Post
    From http://beta.fool.com/studyearnenjoy/...gyholnk0000001

Rewarding a CEO for a mediocre job

World of Warcraft probably had a longer reign as the world's most popular video game than any game ever has. But patching in constant fixes to a game that wasn't broken ruined Activision Blizzard's cash cow.

And what does the company do to reward the CEO for overseeing this recent period of unimpressive growth? Increase his pay eight-fold, and make him the fourth highest paid CEO in America! That massive raise cannot possibly be justified by the companies recent performance.
    What the hell do you care anyway? I couldn't give two shits even if it went towards Starcraft or Diablo tbh. I would be more worried if I didn't get access immediately after paying. I mean, isn't that what we pay for? Access to the servers?

Blogger posting objective information as fact. More news at 11.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    And why on earth does in fall on to you to fund Titan?

Seriously...

It's their choice, why does it matter to you?

Seriously...

The bias is strong in this one.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    "In my opinion, the greatest video game of all time was classic World of Warcraft"
    He must not have played a Shadow Priest, Feral or Balance Druid, Elemental Shaman, Prot or Ret Pally, or any other spec they didn't even bother to make gear for. I bet he went gaga over the AGI cloth too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Enough with all these QQ threads with what blizzard does with their money, just enjoy the game you play.
    Let blizzard do their own thing.
    *closes eyes and starts throwing fistfuls of money at Blizzard*

Where did you think it went, to the abandoned Gnome orphanage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    No you have no clue. Vanilla and TBC is as good as this game got. Ofcourse if you haven't played or if you are the mouth breathing kind you won't know.
    I played classic as a druid and i can tell you. That was not much fun at all compared to almost everything that came after it.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    *closes eyes and starts throwing fistfuls of money at Blizzard*
    Again, what the fuck? Blizzard can literally wipe their own asses with the money you pay. Why do you care where it goes? You only pay to get access to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It is really not so hard to understand why WoW specifically generates so much hate and disdain. WoW has been and still continues to be very controversial in the gameplay elements and structures they bring into the MMO genre. A lot of the things that WoW added over the years go against certain principles of 'gaming'... such as really pushing the accessibility, pushing the single player possibilities in an MMO, the queuing, removing exclusivity, moving away from a consistent online world concept and moving more towards what I only at best can describe as turning it into a series of quick gratification mini-games.

The 'first generation gamers', as I like to call them, who started playing MMOs long before WoW existed pretty much, I believe, always had hoped that MMOs would evolve in the -opposite- direction of what WoW is doing. MMOs used to push the idea that they were trying to become a second online life in which you could live your "fantasy life" and were very community and pvp focused, trying to push the idea of letting people run economies, letting them be the major of a village, build things, change the storyline and lore due to their choices and actions. WoW on the contrary turned it more into a quick arcade-game experience where you can't really do anything or have any lasting effect on the online world.

As long as WoW keeps on pushing controversial concepts for it's game design it'll remain drawing tons of negative attention and keep on carving a bigger divide and disdain between casual and the "real" gamers.
    Speak for yourself. I played UO and EQ when they were released and I never wanted them to be a second life. Hell there is actually an MMO titled that for people who wanted that. Also have to love your comment on them being PvP focused. Is that why in EQ there were only a handful of servers dedicated to PvP? I really have to question the validity of your sig when you make posts such as this.

There is no analysis in this article that isn't readily available elsewhere and already discussed at great length.

This really does just read like "I played a High Warlord Warlock in Vanilla, but then they added new content and stuff and I was nerfed I don't like it. It's a business man's fault."

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Again, what the fuck? Blizzard can literally wipe their own asses with the money you pay. Why do you care where it goes? You only pay to get access to the game.
    I'll throw you a bone

Why do you have to pay to get access to the game? You already bought the game so why do you have to pay again?

So it adds funding for future projects? Not that they guarantee that, you apparently forgot for several years you didn't have updates for months at a time, from transition to expansion you didn't have updates for a year and so your money "would fund" that expansion but then you have to buy that expansion even though you provided for it's development? Not to mention they even stated not even 10% of the population raids, so when an entire update is dedicated to raiding why are you paying for it when you don't raid but like the rest of the game?

You are blindly throwing money just because you like playing the game you already payed for.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why do you have to pay to get access to the game? You already bought the game so why do you have to pay again?
    How is paying a month fee for WoW any worse than someone right now paying a monthly fee for Rift? Yes, Rift, the game that went free to play and by all accounts has a great F2P model. There are people who actually pay a monthly fee to play that game even though it's F2P using a good F2P model.

Same goes for SWTOR. Right now there are people paying a sub to play SWTOR, a F2P game.

You should go to those forums and make fun of those people for "blindly throwing money" at a game with a F2P option.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    How is paying a month fee for WoW any worse than someone right now paying a monthly fee for Rift? Yes, Rift, the game that went free to play and by all accounts has a great F2P model. There are people who actually pay a monthly fee to play that game even though it's F2P using a good F2P model.

Same goes for SWTOR. Right now there are people paying a sub to play SWTOR, a F2P game.

You should go to those forums and make fun of those people for "blindly throwing money" at a game with a F2P option.
    Who said I was excluding them? This is the WoW part of the forum you know.

I'll throw you a bone

So it adds funding for future projects? Not that they guarantee that, you apparently forgot for several years you didn't have updates for months at a time, from transition to expansion you didn't have updates for a year and so your money "would fund" that expansion but then you have to buy that expansion even though you provided for it's development? Not to mention they even stated not even 10% of the population raids, so when an entire update is dedicated to raiding why are you paying for it when you don't raid but like the rest of the game?

You are blindly throwing money just because you like playing the game you already payed for.
    Sounds like someone is pissed off at others for making money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    You have obviously never seen how businesses work, and how corporate officers get bonuses/raises. That is standard across all companies.

I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm just saying it is not isolated to Blizz. It is part of business in the world today.
    Yeah, but stating that others do the same thing doesn't make this any less wrong.

I'll throw you a bone

No? Because those are the rules. "You want to play our game? You have to pay. Don't want to? Then fuck off." It's as simple as that. I'm not blindly throwing money at them. 2 months ago I was paying to access 5.2. I wasn't paying to fund 5.4 or even the next expansion for that matter.

I just want to play the damn game. Maybe I don't play some of the content. Doesn't matter, that's the cost I have to pay to access the content that I like. I can't do anything about it other than to stop playing.

And what if we didn't get updates for several months at a time. I mean, why would you pay to play if you didn't have anything to play at that time? And please don't tell me that you have a running sub and that you're "bored" to cancel it. Because if that's the reason, then 25$ mean absolutely nothing to you and you obviously can't whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Sounds like someone is pissed off at others for making money.
    More like trying to plant the seed of doubt into peoples head about what their money is actually doing. You know in the thread titled "where all our subscription money goes"

- - - Updated - - -

"You want to play our game? You have to pay. Don't want to? Then fuck off."
    This is what I call blind allegiance. If you can't answer a simple question outside "it's the rules" there is nothing to discuss further.