My DK co-tank is also terrified of tanking adds. I have no idea why, as he's a very good tank and raider. It's like he's got it in his head that DKs can't do adds. The one week both our warrior and monk tanks didn't show, I had to do Horridon's adds on every door while he got bubbled from our paladins (usually I just sit on Horridon fulltime).
    Last edited by trystero; 2013-08-31 at 04:27 PM.

The rune system doesn't lend itself well to tanking adds. You may need to spend your death strike runes on blood boil to pick up loose adds (And given their spawn timers on the Horridon encounter, this happens fairly frequently). DK add tanking is just a bit of a mess right now. Very low quality of life in that particular department.

Hi!

I've rerolled to a prot paladin recently. I'm decked in 533ilvl (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...itrig/advanced), sometimes substituting Lei Shen's final orders for Soul Barrier for stamina (Tortos, Ji-kun, Dark animus, Primordius). My co-tank is a monk (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eesin/advanced) and it's simply ridiculous. He may still have 15 ilvl's over me, but if we start on 0 vengeance, i start tanking something and get ~7 seconds of building threat, he can come along and pull threat in a few globals.
    With salvation it's not THAT much of an issue on bosses, we work around it, but it's sure annoying.

I (think) my playstyle is strong on healing, decent on survivability (when I don't muck up timers). What I'm more concerned about is my poor performance as a dps, which I think I consistently do bad at.

I'm having a hard time and am pretty bad with dual timers, one set for for encounter mechanics (hard stare, tripple puncture, etc) and other for all the prot pally abilities. So far I've played Druid and Warr as tank, neither involved half as many short cd abilities as the paladin.
    I'm wondering if there's other stuff I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    - snip -
    Your rotation could be better.

http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5...d000d24#energy

While I have more haste than you, I don't have this much more. Although you had some downtime on the boss, which makes it a bit more understandable.
    Other than that, you use consecration a lot, even in single target. Holy Wrath hits harder. But generally your filler usage is low. You used HW 14 times vs my 47.
    And don't use Word of Glory too often, unless something unexpected happens, your healers will heal you up. Using it 10 times on Horridon is a bit excessive. Especially don't use it on raid-members, unless it is extremely needed. (For example, on Horridon it isn't needed, as your healers will patch them up till the next Dire Call. But feel free to throw some WoGs around during Meg's Rampages if it is needed.) You are wasting Holy Power and your attention on this a bit too much.

Hey guys
    Quick question about 5.4 and t45 talents. I suppose You read Theck's new post (sacredduty.net/2013/09/04/ef-you/), whats Yours oppinion on the topic? Should I consider changing to EF as a baseline? Maybe swap the talents between fights? Or stick with SS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    Hey guys
    Quick question about 5.4 and t45 talents. I suppose You read Theck's new post (sacredduty.net/2013/09/04/ef-you/), whats Yours oppinion on the topic? Should I consider changing to EF as a baseline? Maybe swap the talents between fights? Or stick with SS?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Flame-5-4-PROT

Thx for quick replay
    I have another question about weapon enchants: I still stick with Windsong (for haste and mast proc), but I've started to think about changing to Dancing Steel (even made one on my enchanter toon and send to main), but im still not convinced (partialy becouse I've got 502 ilvl weapon...), what do You guys think?
    My armory (few changes since last post) eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/toore/advanced

Deleted
    It boils down to how rich you feel.

Is it better? Yes.
    Is it more expensive? Yes.
    Is the price worth the rewards? Up to you.

I'm considering swapping to Windsong on my next weapon.

Hey so I totally forgot about Divine Purpose since I got so used to Holy Avenger. I'm at like 31% haste right now so would DP be a better overall choice for me outside of the fights with heavy damage where I can time HA (e.g. Horridon after Jalakk, Meg for the last head, Dark Animus if things get linked)? I kind of like how DP is "fire and forget" and I love the times when I have it proc like 5 times in a row

How is it better? More str=more DPS & more parry. Windsong = more haste & mastery. Maybe im missing smth here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    How is it better? More str=more DPS & more parry. Windsong = more haste & mastery. Maybe im missing smth here?
    Haste and mastery does not have that much defensive value on an unreliable proc. It all boils down to dps throughput, to which Dancing Steel is a lot better at 10 man vengeance levels, probably 25 man levels aswell (not sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Haste and mastery does not have that much defensive value on an unreliable proc. It all boils down to dps throughput, to which Dancing Steel is a lot better at 10 man vengeance levels, probably 25 man levels aswell (not sure).
    It is the same amount of bonus AP on both settings, however 3000 AP really isn't much when tanking with 300k AP. The AP from 1650 STR simply gets lost in the noise; I see fluctuations in my AP of over 10k AP over a few seconds depending on intake. I definitely don't notice it when my weapon enchant procs other than the buff appearing.

Think of it a bit like with heal-over-times. 5 healers have HoTs running on you healing for, let's say, 10k per 2 seconds. You put a HoT on yourself that ticks for 2k per 2 seconds. It is there, it is contributing to your healing taken, but would you notice if it disappeared? Not really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It is the same amount of bonus AP on both settings, however 3000 AP really isn't much when tanking with 300k AP. The AP from 1650 STR simply gets lost in the noise; I see fluctuations in my AP of over 10k AP over a few seconds depending on intake. I definitely don't notice it when my weapon enchant procs other than the buff appearing.

Think of it a bit like with heal-over-times. 5 healers have HoTs running on you healing for, let's say, 10k per 2 seconds. You put a HoT on yourself that ticks for 2k per 2 seconds. It is there, it is contributing to your healing taken, but would you notice if it disappeared? Not really.
    What I meant was that Dancing Steel is better compared to Windsong in terms of damage output at lower/normal vengeance levels, since Windsongs scales with attack power and obviously you have less attack power in 10 man than 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Hey so I totally forgot about Divine Purpose since I got so used to Holy Avenger. I'm at like 31% haste right now so would DP be a better overall choice for me outside of the fights with heavy damage where I can time HA (e.g. Horridon after Jalakk, Meg for the last head, Dark Animus if things get linked)? I kind of like how DP is "fire and forget" and I love the times when I have it proc like 5 times in a row
    To be honest, the only time I ever used HA this tier was on Animus 25H.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    You're also much better and run with much better people But point noted. I think I'll go back to experimenting with DP at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    You're also much better and run with much better people But point noted. I think I'll go back to experimenting with DP at the very least.
    Oh, we have a lot of derps... trust me and our 375+ pulls of Lei shen with no kill (3% LAST NIGHT THE FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU). I swapped to DP somewhere around the end of T14, and only used HA for 3/4's of our H-DA attempts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Same for me, well 10 man ofc, I felt violated having to switch to HA.

I never understood from a 10 man PoV why Horridon is considered one of those "go to" fights for HA. DP is just amazing on that fight. There is no issue tanking Horridon the entire last phase using DP. The melee hits between the punctures did not hit that hard even on heroic as I had expected. Maybe the melee hits are harder on 25 man but I dont know. Of course HA is completely viable on that fight, and possibly even on-par with DP. Just never understood what seems to be the general consensus that Horridon is a go-to fight for HA, it is a very good fight for DP.

Deleted

I never understood from a 10 man PoV why Horridon is considered one of those "go to" fights for HA. DP is just amazing on that fight. There is no issue tanking Horridon the entire last phase using DP. The melee hits between the punctures did not hit that hard even on heroic as I had expected. Maybe the melee hits are harder on 25 man but I dont know. Of course HA is completely viable on that fight, and possibly even on-par with DP. Just never understood what seems to be the general consensus that Horridon is a go-to fight for HA, it is a very good fight for DP.
    Might've been for back when everyone was really shitty geared I guess. Back when you had to kill jalak and horridon took a while to die after that. Not like it is today where most guilds kill horridon just as jalak spawns or if you actually do kill jalak - then horridon is dead 5 seconds later.

In my case, I don't trust my healers. Too many deaths due to regular melee in between keeping SotR up for Punctures in that last bit while he's enraged, so I'd rather do something like HA and rock back to back SotRs to keep the reduction rolling than hope I get a DP proc and risk being killed (and also because when that happens I have to listen to a certain shapechanging forest creature gloat about how it just tickles him, so why is it killing me)