Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Timeless Isle = Fast gearing WOW

So....I have a newly dinged, I mean ilvl 429, Monk alt....

Logged in this morning, and in less than 2 hours, have 8 pieces of 496 gear, plus an upgrade for a 535 piece of my choice.

Love the idea of treasure hunt.....but I just skipped from ding to ToT in an hour......

15+ Year Old Account
    That's kinda the point. In cata 5mans dropped that loot, to allow alts experience end game content sooner without having to do obsolete raids. I love alts and welcome timeless isle.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodovico View Post

Logged in this morning, and in less than 2 hours, have 8 pieces of 496 gear, plus an upgrade for a 535 piece of my choice.

Love the idea of treasure hunt.....but I just skipped from ding to ToT in an hour......
    disgusting....
    goes everything that mmo stands for.
    Keep milking the newcomers blizzard

How is this not a good thing?

I'm sure all arguments to the contrary will be some form of "earning" something, which is just not the state of the game anymore. Just have fun.

well blizz said themselves this is what they want so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the island award normal raid lvl or even lfr ilvl gear? No? Then it's just a faster way to shove you into the same raid content and not an alternative to the raid content as dungeons were in the past.

It's a good thing they let you catch up faster or at least let your alts do that. It's a bad thing that you can't buy gear outside the raid anymore.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-10 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle is amazing for alts. It's not amazing for alts that are in 476 - 483 gear as it is because they lose sockets and socket & tier bonuses but it's useful for a new dude in leveling greens to get up to speed faster. What if your raid needed you to start tanking or dps'ing in SoO? Best way to get to that point is to farm Timeless Isle for a day with your current main and send all those goodies to your alt.

I really like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    disgusting....
    What?

It just favours alt play, sort of mobaing up wow a bit, i have no issue with that. 496 and 535 gear are crap by the standards of this tier anyway, I see no problem with players being able to gear up to the lowest possible standard for the current content without playing for xxxxxxx hours . That ilevel of gear is not reprensatitive of skill or hard work, simply time spent in this patch anyway (lfr etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    disgusting....
    You realize that you need to have a 90 with at least a 500+ item level to be capable of farming efficiently in Timeless Isle for this? New people to the game are not going to be sending themselves this gear. It's for alts.

And you'll still be 57 ilvls behind SOO normal gear.

Deleted
    Which sounds about right.

Blizzard made it pretty clear that when TOT was released they expected you to have to LFR your way through the previous tiers gear to get into the new ones LFR.
    By the sound of it, you'll have to LFR your way through TOT to get into SOO LFR.
    That's 2 tiers of raiding you're expected to do, just as it was in TOT.

The difference being, now when you're part done with SOO LFR you have the option of stepping it up into Flex raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how i should reply to this thread, since i don't understand if the OP is happy about it or not.

Can someone explain how it works, when you're farming on say a Monk can you get plate items to send to your plate alt user?

Thankies!

10+ Year Old Account
    disgusting....

Very non constructive argument but...considering who I'm dealing with, I'm not surprised. try to come up with better arguments and you'll do better in these.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh.. theres always someone who can't find satisfaction.

I'd give up if I were a dev.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Can someone explain how it works, when you're farming on say a Monk can you get plate items to send to your plate alt user?

Thankies!
    Yes. I picked up two leather and two plate on my DK and sent them to respective alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Does the island award normal raid lvl or even lfr ilvl gear? No? Then it's just a faster way to shove you into the same raid content and not an alternative to the raid content as dungeons were in the past.

It's a good thing they let you catch up faster or at least let your alts do that. It's a bad thing that you can't buy gear outside the raid anymore.
    the upgraded versions are 535 soo lfr is 528 so its better than lfr gear only the timeless peices tho

So if I have understood this right the gear is BoA, so you can farm in on your main and send it to an alt, even cross faction. Have I gotten it right?

Edit: This was answered before my post when I reloaded the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yes. I picked up two leather and two plate on my DK and sent them to respective alts.
    thats awsome, tho how do they work im assumming they are tokens that you hand in or do u just click them or do u combine them with somthing?