... what?

You aren't making sense now
    You say something about the topic then throw in something that's not. Your first case is calling me negative the rest of your cases is continuing your conversation with Kitty about the game while also responding to me and how I called you out on it.

You not reading =/= its not there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I'm trying to drop it. :/ I'm trying to carry on a conversation with you about movement and hotkeys.
    You are not dropping anything when you respond to it. You still also ignored my points which were about the game and interpreted them as off topic. Great job...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well unfortunately/fortunately no one can win on the internet. While in my head the score is Kitty 7,425, MMO-C posters 2...the reality is that it's 0-0.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Zito.

You're clearly very angry and need to take a moment to clear your head, because now you're making stuff up. I ignored your posts that are arguing with me because they don't warrant a response because this isn't the "zito and Viscoe argue" thread. This is the last time I'll be talking to you about any of this in the thread because it's off-topic and doesn't matter in the spectrum of WildStar. If you wanna yell at me, send me a PT.

@Kitty: I'm not trying to win, I'm trying to veer back on-topic. I don't think about arguments in a win/lose scenario, more like a talk it out until you're both satisfied scenario. The only arguments you can win are ones about undisputed facts, which is not the case here.

BACK ON TOPIC: Undisputed fact - I don't know much about the beta. Are these ability mechanics newly introduced? How many of them were there when the beta was last open?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well unfortunately/fortunately no one can win on the internet. While in my head the score is Kitty 7,425, MMO-C posters 2...the reality is that it's 0-0.
    Hypocrites are just funny though.

"Oh I didn't attack you"
    "I'm staying on topic"
    "I'm trying to drop it"

Like really? What candy land do you live in?

Zito.

You're clearly very angry and need to take a moment to clear your head, because now you're making stuff up. I ignored your posts that are arguing with me because they don't warrant a response because this isn't the "zito and Viscoe argue" thread. This is the last time I'll be talking to you about any of this in the thread because it's off-topic and doesn't matter in the spectrum of WildStar. If you wanna yell at me, send me a PT.
    See classic hypocrite. Interpreting my tone, ignoring points, ignoring things that are actually on topic. GG +1 internet for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to repost this because it probably got lost since I added it in an edit and zito posted right after me:

BACK ON TOPIC: Undisputed fact - I don't know much about the beta. Are these ability mechanics newly introduced? How many of them were there when the beta was last open?

I'm curious, considering the conundrum about placing them on further hotkeys versus where the movement keys are.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

I'm going to repost this because it probably got lost since I added it in an edit and zito posted right after me:

I'm curious, considering the conundrum about placing them on further hotkeys versus where the movement keys are.
    One post before mine doesn't make it "lost". You posting unnecessary things make it lost but to answer your question everything in the dev speak they talked about was in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undisputed fact - I don't know much about the beta. Are these ability mechanics newly introduced? How many of them were there when the beta was last open?

From what ninjas tell me none of this is new. Relatively nothing with the classes in beta was changed in terms of the macro picture that I am aware of.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but, how MUCH is my question.

For example: I roll a stalker and I have main abilities on 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Then he has 3 "hold down this key" attacks in 7 8 9. That would make those attacks impossible to use with movement because of the location they end up being on my hotbar, but they can't take the place of keys 1-6 because those abilities are used much, much more often.

Know what I mean? I'm inquiring about that. Like, how many of those abilities should I expect, and, how often they're used.

Thinking about setup. If i have to get used to switching from wasd to esdf, I need to start now. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but, how MUCH is my question.

For example: I roll a stalker and I have main abilities on 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Then he has 3 "hold down this key" attacks in 7 8 9. That would make those attacks impossible to use with movement because of the location they end up being on my hotbar, but they can't take the place of keys 1-6 because those abilities are used much, much more often.

Know what I mean? I'm inquiring about that. Like, how many of those abilities should I expect, and, how often they're used.

Thinking about setup. If i have to get used to switching from wasd to esdf, I need to start now. xD
    If you have hand problems with using modifiers, I don't know what to tell you. Actually yes I do...you need to buy an MMO mouse. I'm being 100% serious. If you play MMOs as much as you seem to, you need to just get one. Razers are ok if you have tiny hands, but they feel pretty flimsy compared to a logitech.

I use the Logitech G600 and it is amazing for the price. I've seen them on sale for $40, but standard price is $60. It's durable, much more comfortable with normal sized hands, has it's own modifier button (3 click buttons) and then 12 buttons on your thumb.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104674

You can read reviews there, which are overwhelmingly positive. But as a first hand review, I've had it since the day they released and I will never use another mouse until they stop making these.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using a G400.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104577

I have pretty small hands, though. Maybe I'll look into a G600. 12 extra buttons sounds like.. overkill, but, I'm sure it isn't and I'm just thinking too small.

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    This is what I like to see...a woman dual wielding vacuum cleaners! jk)

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that's a medic dual wielding vaccum cl.. er, shock paddles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have pretty small hands, though. Maybe I'll look into a G600. 12 extra buttons sounds like.. overkill, but, I'm sure it isn't and I'm just thinking too small.
    If you can't use modifiers reliably, it's about the best you're going to do that is laid out sensibly. There are mice with more buttons, but they don't perform as well or make sense to use. Unlike say a Razer mouse, the buttons are actually angled differently so that you know where you are by feel. Rows of 6 curve inwards to a valley, so each section 1 to 6 and 7 to = have a resting place for your thumb.

It took me a little bit to get used to it, but the buttons are a good size and well designed. I actually had more problems training my pinky to not accidentally click the extra click button than anything else. The best part is that you can actually bind that to a modifier key, like shift, and have 24 buttons. It's pretty much the most functional and not overdone mouse I've ever seen.

If you currently play an MMO with a customizable UI if you get one, it helps to arrange your buttons in the shape of the mouse to train yourself. Sorry to turn this into mouse preaching, but the difference for me was incredible.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that's a medic dual wielding vaccum cl.. er, shock paddles.
    Yep so it seems. I've seen the strings for those , and they've dropped while questing, but never actually seen a model using it. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Yep so it seems. I've seen the strings for those , and they've dropped while questing, but never actually seen a model using it. Weird.
    Yeah, it's a pretty strange looking weapon. Will be interesting to see it in use, especially as a healer.

@Kitty: Wait, so the buttons on the side are 1 through =? It just eliminates the need for the number row on your keyboard? xD That's nifty. Right now my side buttons are bound to ]\ and f11/f12.

But yeah, we should probably stop so this doesn't become WildMMOMouse. I'll definitely look into the G600, thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-09-26 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kitty: Wait, so the buttons on the side are 1 through =? It just eliminates the need for the number row on your keyboard? xD That's nifty. Right now my side buttons are bound to ]\ and f11/f12.
    Yep. You can rebind them to anything though because half of the benefit of a Ltech gamign device is the software they have, but it's default is to use the number keys. This way if you bind the modifier button to shift, or alt, or whatever you can have 1 to = and then shift 1 to shift =.

When used in conjuction with a Ltech gaming keyboard, which I also have, it's kinda nuts what you could do with it. I'm too lazy to do any of it, but you can record macros on the keyboard and bind those macro buttons to the mouse. It's quite neat the way their products work together.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the things i think Wildstar got right is the weapon and gear models. While i won't be playing a Warrior, those swords are a cake visually, and i love how SpellSlingers actually have a Wild west theme into their gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen, the weapons and gear do look pretty god damn awesome. My only worry is that I'll get bored using the same type of weapon forever. Hopefully it will vary visually enough to end up being cool enough to ignore that it's the same weapon type.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Logitech G602 myself, unsure if it's on the market yet - bought it at PAX. My default binds on it are 5-0, but change it up in WoW per character as I use the keybinds for PVP since my bars setup for Pve. Mixing the pvp binds and tellmewhen, it allows me to keep my bars always setup for Pve. I have the G510S keyboard and enjoying it a lot - usually use the macro keys for login information between all my diff games, only need to remember the key.

As of WS, I have not played any char that had charge abilities other than the spellslinger (didn't get to Esper at PAX). I wasn't able to move which did suck but worked alright during MoO (pretty sure that's what it is called).

I am also a big fan of shiphands. I know that they scale with people but hopefully with level as well, or rallying down to it works I guess. I really would like to hear more about adventures - I'm hoping for it to feel like BRD but with some dynamic features. I am disappointed that there will only be 10 dungeons/adventures and by only having 1 max level dungeon, I feel they are either going to have to make heroics possible without farming a fullest of regular dungeon gear or that the dungeon will drop all pre-heroic gear. I would like small group Pve to be an endgame level of play (if they're hard, very possible) but fear it will be still the pinnacles of raiding/pvp/solo.

You also might want to consider what kind of grip you use on the mouse. If you like to rest your palm on the mouse, the g600 is very good. If you like to use an eagle claw grip, I'd actually recommend the razer naga 2012.

The razer's side buttons are a bit harder to get used to. However, if you use the training pads on the first vertical column of side buttons and on the last vertical column of side buttons, you can get them to feel very similar to the g600's buttons (i.e. the side buttons become concave so you can always tell which button you are pressing).

I think the g600 software is slightly better, but the naga's mouse wheel and buttons 4 and 5 are better. I have both mice and ended up using the naga because I had a really hard time training my ring finger not to press the g600's 3rd mouse button on top.