Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be a bard, damn it. >.>
    Butts.

Deleted
    I'd love to see the ability to combine professions and create a new one. for example if you have 600 mining and 600 archeology you would be able to learn geology.

I know its probably way too hard to pull off because the possibilities seem endless and they wont add 50 or so new professions to the game but the ability to combine professions in any way shape or form would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    We may be more likely to see an overhaul of all proffessions rather than new ones IMO.
    I agree with this. I have a feeling we will see either a huge rework of the current ones or the option of having a 3rd profession instead of just 2. (in regards to crafting/gathering)

Deleted
    I would love to see more secondary professions or the ability to have a 3rd main profession.

I would really like to see a Mount/Pet based profession, along with a woodworking one if they do bring player housing in.

I'd also appreciate being able to upgrade a profession based on what you already know so you have sub specialties.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There won't be any. Instead, you'll see professions get the same treatment everything else has, and 1-600 (or 700 for the next expansion) will become relatively effort-free.
    I have every profession at 600 across a number of alts and I would not say that any of them have ever taken any considerable effort to level.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woodworking.

It'd be able to gather wood off trees (much like how miners gather ore off veins. They'd spawn and despawn), then use it to make things like Bows, or items for the player housing that'll inevitably be introduced by level 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I have every profession at 600 across a number of alts and I would not say that any of them have ever taken any considerable effort to level.
    Pushing "create all" takes no effort.

It's just tedious and boring.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i'd like to see a three profession change and the addition of another leather using one.. don't know what it'd be :/

Deleted
    It might be nice to see some more quests similar to the ones at Darkmoon Faire that help you level up. Even if they had questlines to upgrade an existing profession into an offshoot would be interesting and an improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chachki View Post
    i'd like to see a three profession change and the addition of another leather using one.. don't know what it'd be :/
    Maybe standards or pennants that buff you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlee View Post
    It might be nice to see some more quests similar to the ones at Darkmoon Faire that help you level up. Even if they had questlines to upgrade an existing profession into an offshoot would be interesting and an improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe standards or pennants that buff you.
    Offshooting professions, like sub-races or 4th specs, is likely not gonna happen. The game is just too darn old to add 12+ new things for the sake of having offshoots of everything every 10 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pushing "create all" takes no effort.

It's just tedious and boring.
    Are you sure? I could have sworn that from reading these forums that tedium and inconvenience was the cornerstone of a great game and a true mark of player skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure? I could have sworn that from reading these forums that tedium and inconvenience was the cornerstone of a great game and a true mark of player skill.
    It's easy to bot, and therefor people love it.

Much like how I hate the grind in gearing up, I wish they'd do something to make professions a little more interesting as you level them. Instead of just "only useful at 600"

Blizzard certainly seem to think so.

Deleted
    lumbering and woodcrafting

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    All gathering professions should be secondary for starters.
    Agreed!

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    All gathering professions should be secondary for starters.
    Better yet, just roll the gathering profession right into their crafting profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Better yet, just roll the gathering profession right into their crafting profession.
    I really like this idea.

Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, and Engineering all come with Mining/Smelting
    Alchemy and Inscription come with Herbalism
    Leatherworking includes Skinning

Tailoring and Enchanting don't really require anything else and stay as-is.

I don't know that WoW needs a new profession, but I've been asking for batch processing for a long time. Imagine a interface that looks like a bag, but you load it up with items to DE, herbs to mill, or ore to prospect, and it does it all in one go. Maybe you need to visit a NPC (or a machine somewhere) to do it, but either way it would definitely make my life a lot easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    woodworking and forestry for making bows, spears, stocks, etc. etc.
    That's what I was thinking. Some kind of woodworking would work well.

separating Mail from leatherworking into it's own "mailworking" profession.

I hate how there is 3 sets of gear from BS (tank melee heals) 2 from tailoring (heals DPS) and 6 from Leatherworking (agi leather melee,leather caster, leather heals, agi mail mail caster, mail heals) if the mail gear was separate from the leather stuff it would be more in line with the other professions
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Indeed, either remake the current ones or a new one (dont really understand people who just say they dont want anything new tho O.o)

10+ Year Old Account
    Woodcutting would be an excellent profession.

At random trees there will be logs on the side, you can cut them and retrieve wood. (just as mining)

Elwynn Forest = Forest Wood.
    Duskwood = Dark Wood.
    Vash'ir = Sunken Wood.

And so on.

These wood you can use for another new Profession.
    But have no idea which
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?