Deleted

Best In Slot, yes I know.

Hey guys, yes it is this topic again, I've seen it come by several times but never found a clear answer.
    The Guild I am in has cleared Normal mode and next week we are starting on Heroic.
    Therefor they want a BIS list for every single spec and class provided by the people that play that class and spec.

Since I am the only warrior I need to find the Best in Slot for Fury Warriors (and this is proberbly also Arms included).
    Is there any list yet that is reliable?
    Are we indeed only going for the 2P and not the 4P because its somewhat meh.
    Anyone has good and clear answers for this and a list provided?
    I know the stats on the T chest are awfull and what not and I am also in doubt wether to get T shoulders or Garrosh Pauldrons (the awsome looking ones) due to the 3 socket etc.

Any help, info or advice is appriciated.

Regards,
    Paintank.

http://i.imgur.com/0KMly1J.png

Arms on top, fury bottom. Arms one might not be 100% correct, but nobody cares about arms BIS. Fury one is correct.
    Last edited by Jalopy; 2013-09-30 at 10:04 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Arms list is not correct at all. It seems to be from back when Haste was believed to be better than Mastery, which it is not.

However, the Fury BiS list is pretty much the same as the Arms BiS in reality as far as I know now since both speccs now prioritize exactly the same stats.
    Although I haven't really read up exactly on specific items or such lately, so don't trust me 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    The Arms list is not correct at all. It seems to be from back when Haste was believed to be better than Mastery, which it is not.

However, the Fury BiS list is pretty much the same as the Arms BiS in reality as far as I know now since both speccs now prioritize exactly the same stats.
    Although I haven't really read up exactly on specific items or such lately, so don't trust me 100%
    Seeing as weapons with hit/expertise arent BiS I think it's safe to assume that just using fury BiS is more than sufficent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/0KMly1J.png

Arms on top, fury bottom. Arms one might not be 100% correct, but nobody cares about arms BIS. Fury one is correct.
    I think the boots from Sha are better no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I think the boots from Sha are better no?
    No, haste>Hit and yellow socket v red.

It's pretty close to a wash though.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-10-01 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    No, haste>Hit and yellow socket v red.

It's pretty close to a wash though.
    Ah you know what, I had the right stat weights when I looked at the BiS list, but when I changed boots I used my current weights. Derp. Your right.

Deleted
    I'm not sure about the waist. Why Ashen Wall Girdle instead of Demolisher's Reinforced Belt (haste/mastery + red/yellow sockets)?

I'm utterly confused why Thok's ring and trinket is part of the Arms bis list.

so does smf only wanting the 2 set as well?

Deleted
    so in this BiS list pic....it´s saying Crit and Mastery over Str???!
    so this means wie gem only crit no matter what bonus is on this Item??!
    sorry but im confused.

I had my own wish list thought out before the tier started. Did a comparison of stats between my set and the one Jalopy posted.

Mine: http://www.wowhead.com/list=270469/5.4-warrior#0-fury
    Jalopy: http://www.wowhead.com/list=270469/5...ior#1-test-set

Preface

1 - The wowhead profiler thingy must be new; it does not allow me to equip an off hand weapon (only shields show up in the filter). Largely unimportant since both sets have this issue, just putting here before some idiot points it out.
    2 - No item upgrades.
    3 - Reforges and gems (crafty/piercing) used to reach caps.

Results

My set has 500 less strength but 460 more crit and 313 more mastery. Additionally, my set is 3 over exp cap and 5 over hit while Jalopy's is 50 under hit and 75 over exp. Reforges would fix Jalopy's caps but not without widening the crit/mastery gaps.

The caveat is that if you were to get all H WF pieces and then upgrade them, Jalopy's set has an easier time "growing" into hit cap. Obviously, the exp is still over cap. I got tired of messing with the stupid profiler and don't know if it can be imported into simcraft but my set would probably outperform, although just barely. Anyway, absolute bis is probably some combination of the 2. If someone wants to plug it into simcraft, be my guest. Obviously, if I missed something that makes my set worse, feel free to clue me in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    so does smf only wanting the 2 set as well?
    Well you don't want to be SMF this tier.

As for 4p for SMF, it's better than it is for TG by a fair bit (Weaker RBs, stronger EX, etc) but I'm not sure if that is enough to go for it.

The thing being that its 2p w/ HWF pieces. Depending on luck you might want the 4p over not having it, etc. It will depend, basically.

Me, since I'm trying to go TG I'd pass more tier outside of gloves to our other prot token users.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    I'm utterly confused why Thok's ring and trinket is part of the Arms bis list.
    Personal experience with both trinkets and I'm gonna say the listed crit trinket is better for Arms than the cooldown reduction one. But the difference is really small in simulated and both are "good", it's like there is no wrong choises imho.

It's more of the RNG of the RPPM trinket, since the trinket can proc like 4 times in a row, even on pull it can double proc in a row with recklesness, so with luck it's awesome for Arms AoE And single target due to "unlimited" slam spam, while the 10s proc and 55s icd is better for fury and the aligned stormbolt bursts. Basically you just got more uptime with the RPPM trinket and due to stable Arms dps you can get more gains on the crit trinket.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for being slightly offtopic, but is there a BiS list for protwarriors? avoidancebuilt is preferable-
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Personal experience with both trinkets and I'm gonna say the listed crit trinket is better for Arms than the cooldown reduction one. But the difference is really small in simulated and both are "good", it's like there is no wrong choises imho.

It's more of the RNG of the RPPM trinket, since the trinket can proc like 4 times in a row, even on pull it can double proc in a row with recklesness, so with luck it's awesome for Arms AoE And single target due to "unlimited" slam spam, while the 10s proc and 55s icd is better for fury and the aligned stormbolt bursts. Basically you just got more uptime with the RPPM trinket and due to stable Arms dps you can get more gains on the crit trinket.
    I'm not questioning the validity of Skeer's talisman rather than the validity of Thoks tail whip. I simply don't see myself critting enough to justify using a trinket with a shitty proc simply to get a little crit damage.

Like you said, having a RPPM crit buff from Skeer's syncs very well with a rapidly recharging Stormbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    I'm not questioning the validity of Skeer's talisman rather than the validity of Thoks tail whip. I simply don't see myself critting enough to justify using a trinket with a shitty proc simply to get a little crit damage.

Like you said, having a RPPM crit buff from Skeer's syncs very well with a rapidly recharging Stormbolt.
    Afaik Skeer's isn't as good as amp for the simple reason that it has a shitty uptime and the total benefit of amp outweighs it.
    Last edited by Juni; 2013-10-06 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Sorry for being slightly offtopic, but is there a BiS list for protwarriors? avoidancebuilt is preferable-
    tier helm + legs, dodge parry shoulders/hands/chest/bracers of their respective bosses, other than that im not certain.