Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    He's only been active since Cataclysm. Before then he was more or less an anonymous NPC.
    Which isn't the fault of Blizzard or their writers, rather, he was too busy dealing with small-scale domestic issues to really take any spotlight

And he was against Garrosh from the beginning along with Cairn. It only made sense he would eventually be the one to take over.
    Saurfang was against Garrosh from the very beginning(AKA the first person against Garrosh), before Vol'jin was even Warchief. As far as others being against Garrosh, so was Sylvanas.

We know how he is as the leader of the Darkspear and the Rebellion,
    A rebellion that Vol'jin was the figurehead of, but let's not kid ourselves, it wasn't Vol'jin's personality or political prowess that put that rebellion together. The Darkspear rebellion was ready to form at a moments' notice, under just about anybody, thanks to Garrosh.

we don't know what kind of Warchief he will actually be.
    You might not, I think the rest of us might have a pretty good idea though.

I wouldn't liken his leadership to a Gnome as King of the Alliance, but rather a Dwarf or Night Elf. Trolls have always been the right-hands of the Orcs in the same way Dwarves have been to Humans. Had Lor'themar become Warchief, then it'd be more left-field, like a Gnome would have been.

I dont think racism has any place in the new (new, real, new, true, new , yes really this time, new) horde! He is the best leader we have, he is the warchief.
    Becoming "high whaterever" because your human is something for them alliance type.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it either. Horde should have Orc Warchief imo, it's just how it was and should stay, especially when we got Saurfang

Look at this way. It may be meh for you but as Alliance only Varian Wrynn can be the leader, anything else would be weird (dwarf, night elf, draenei, worgen) or just downright lame (gnome).

On the Horde side, pretty much all racial leaders can be faction leaders (well maybe except the lich queen and the goblin).

Next xpac will fast forward about 25-30 years and Vol'jin will die in battle and Thrall's son will take the seat.

You heard it here first.

Don't be so short-minded. He's played quite a big part in the Warcraft Lore (even before WoW) and deserves some credit for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Look at this way. It may be meh for you but as Alliance only Varian Wrynn can be the leader, anything else would be weird (dwarf, night elf, draenei, worgen) or just downright lame (gnome).

On the Horde side, pretty much all racial leaders can be faction leaders (well maybe except the lich queen and the goblin).
    Well i think it's good, becuase Alliance was created and was run by humans since forever. Besides Varian is more or less bad-ass warrior king, however blizzard want really hard to make him Lothar 2.0 which lead to stupid decisions like let the horde goes on after siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Well i think it's good, becuase Alliance was created and was run by humans since forever. Besides Varian is more or less bad-ass warrior king, however blizzard want really hard to make him Lothar 2.0 which lead to stupid decisions like let the horde goes on after siege.
    But that can be said about the Horde as well. It was made and run but the Orcs since it formed. Now look at it. A troll runs it.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Blizzard trolled you.
    Suppose you could say that

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    And the Horde was created and run by Orcs since forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    But that can be said about the Horde as well. It was made and run but the Orcs since it formed. Now look at it. A troll runs it.
    That was the Old Horde, the New Horde had pretty much an equal footing of the 3 main Horde races (Orc/Troll/Tauren)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Vol'jin is more or less the only character besides Thrall I could see as Warchief.
    Also he was awesome in the final cinematic. :3
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-10-27 at 11:44 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or at the beginning of MoP didn't 2/3 of these forums want him as our Warchief?

Granted a lot has changed since (Thrall being back + Lor'thebadass), but still.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Blizzard trolled you.
    And Horde is gonna Troll Alliance to Warchief levels.

I would argue that if Blizzard spent enough time developing it, we could easily at least have a Dwarven High King. Varian is currently the only viable leader because Blizzard hasn't set up anyone else for the role. But given another expansion and a novel or two, and things could very easily change.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Which isn't the fault of Blizzard or their writers, rather, he was too busy dealing with small-scale domestic issues to really take any spotlight
    Yeah, ofcourse. How could we have not seen that it was Vol'jin's own fault, a fictional character in a fictional universe, that he didn't get to be in the spotlights. It all makes sense.

I agree with this. Alliance was set up to be Humans and their friends. Whereas Horde was designed where each and every race contributed to the overarching story of the faction. At this point, WoW is more Humans vs Horde than Alliance vs Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    however blizzard want really hard to make him Lothar 2.0 which lead to stupid decisions like let the horde goes on after siege.
    Because it makes sense to exterminate the faction half your playerbase plays..

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Is it just me or at the beginning of MoP didn't 2/3 of these forums want him as our Warchief?

Granted a lot has changed since (Thrall being back + Lor'thebadass), but still.
    Most people approve of Vol'jin being Warchief according to the polls I've seen, his critics have simply become a lot more vocal now that he actually is.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I don't know who would've fit the position better, but I don't like Vol'jin either way. Besides his hollow bravado and lack of accomplishments, he looks ridiculous for a Warchief. Like Budd wearing boxer shorts is leading the Horde now.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?