Thread: Atonement 5.4

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Atonement 5.4

Hi,
    I just love DPSing with smite spec in LFR, but there are almost no guides for pure DPS disc out there. Does anybody has information/links/experience with this especially with 5.4 trinkets? Some of the new DPS trinkets don't procc as disc, so we aren't allowed for example to enjoy double AMP trinket proccs... Which 2 trinkets you would consider BiS in terms of pure damage output?
    Thanks in advance
    Euerfeldi

Deleted
    not sure if serious

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I'll bite. Roll with double int proc trinkets. Not sure the stat prio for a pure dps disc, probably spirit until you don't oom from using atonement and then haste or something.

I feel as if encouraging this kind of gameplay behavior will be karma for me later when I que into an lfr with a disc that will only ever use atonement....
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 90% of LFR priests use pure atonement as it is..

In all fairness, that's the same for Flex and Normal too.

For clarification: Of course I shield, throw PoM and some instant heals, but in LFR most of the time 6 healers feels to much. I don't get what's wrong with topping the healing meter with least overheal while doing 60k+ DPS as bonus. As long you don't get a LFR with 6 smiting discs, you won't get problems there. Most healer trinkets are just "here get some more spirit", but I already reached the point of spirit, where I feel comfortable and now prefer bigger numbers. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You can try the one from sha (SoO) + the one from dark animus (ToT)... i'd say they are the best output ones
    Last edited by Drugshock; 2013-10-22 at 06:01 PM. Reason: BAD. Spelling.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

8k spirit reforge all to crit then haste any douple dps trinekts are good

I don't see any reason to do anything other than Pure atonement. I keep shield up on tanks, use Atonement for filler, cast POM on CD. Pretty much Disc healing, I only cast heals when I use SS.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit out of date, but might be a decent starting point. I no longer recommend focusing on Atonement output for Normal/Heroic progression though.

http://guardianspiritblog.blogspot.c...de-basics.html
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I don't see any reason to do anything other than Pure atonement. I keep shield up on tanks, use Atonement for filler, cast POM on CD. Pretty much Disc healing, I only cast heals when I use SS.

Pretty much this. Even on progress (starting heroics this week). Archangel (2p) on CD, Divine Star on CD, Cascade "almost" on CD, Halo as a Raid CD (if RNG gods let you, during LMG procs). Depending on boss/strat, Divine Star can do lots of damage (ex: Sha of Pride/Galakras). Same for Halo

Edit: Oh, and "PW:S spam" during LMG procs too, to fish lots of mana.
    Last edited by Drugshock; 2013-10-23 at 09:46 AM.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Deleted
    Im running with 9k spirit, and the Crit/Int trinket(Yu'lons bite) from timeless island, you can get it for 50.000 coins plus the 8% healer AMP trinket, along with the 30% haste legendary meta gem and caster dps legendary cloak, and caster dps bracers plus boots, all my other gear is normal priest healer gear, im doing around 120-180k dps depending on what fight we are on

you can proc the dps amp trinket as a healer(disc or holy) by autoattacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    you can proc the dps amp trinket as a healer(disc or holy) by autoattacking.
    Neat, but not worth the downtime.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

The average Disc Priest in LFR would benefit greatly if they did nothing but atonement...

Its better than the random renew/flash heal spammers I've come across. You can easily do 100k+ hps on certain fights in LFR doing nothing but atonement and your level 90 talent.

6 atonement priests can easily outheal ANY damage in LFR anyway. Theres nothing wrong with atonement.

I think gemming intellect would be better then haste/crit for dps. Deffo better for mana aswell then haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    6 atonement priests can easily outheal ANY damage in LFR anyway. Theres nothing wrong with atonement.

I think gemming intellect would be better then haste/crit for dps. Deffo better for mana aswell then haste.
    6?:O How about 1, or maybe 2

I wonder; can you perhaps make a macro, like /cast HF /cast Penance /cast Smite and put a Duracell Bunny onto your the macroed key and go take a nap? Oh, right... forgot Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Euerfeldi View Post
    Hi,
    I just love DPSing with smite spec in LFR, but there are almost no guides for pure DPS disc out there. Does anybody has information/links/experience with this especially with 5.4 trinkets? Some of the new DPS trinkets don't procc as disc, so we aren't allowed for example to enjoy double AMP trinket proccs... Which 2 trinkets you would consider BiS in terms of pure damage output?
    Thanks in advance
    Euerfeldi
    Take this with a huge grain of salt . . . . here's what I've been doing:
    1. Talents: I take mindbender (it delivers mana on demand and a lot of dps, also easier to pair with hymn of hope), ToF, and Halo

2. Rotation:

Outside of Meta Gem Procs:
    - Penance on cd
    - Holy Fire (prefer targets that are in the 35% range and will live the longest to keep proc'ing ToF from the dot)
    - PWS when Rapture is available (typically Tank)
    - Keep up PoM
    - PoH when Inner Focus is available (typically the group with the tanks and melee)
    - Mindbender when below 90% mana
    - Smite

Meta Gem Procs (get a big fat Weak Aura that yells at you . . . mine is "BAM!", you'll get better at maximizing the short window):
    - Halo w/AA (even if people are at full health, the DA on this is just amazing not to mention good damage)
    - PWS Spam (Tanks > people with Damaging Debuffs > derps (every raid has them) > melee > ranged)

Heavy AoE phases involve typical healing, including PWS into Spirit Shell PoH spam (this is where mindbender on demand mana is awesome)

Heavy Tank Damage: PWS, switch Pennance to defensive on the tank (stacks grace), PoM, roll a renew on the tank @ 3 grace stacks, weave in GH (especially with IF) if really heavy damage

Gearing:

Int > Spirit to 14K Total Effective (not just from gear!! - use Ask Mr Robot) > Crit (2 crit>1 int) = Haste (to 4889) > Mastery > Haste (beyond 4889) > Spirit (beyond 14k total)

Basically just enough spirit to keep the rotation slightly mana positive, stack crit, get your haste to a comfortable level (but at about 1 sec gcd during BL) . . .

I'm still toying with it all the time. It's a lot of fun and it's preforming well.
    Last edited by jason1975; 2013-10-25 at 06:51 PM.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Int > Spirit to 14K Total Effective (not just from gear!! - use Ask Mr Robot) > Crit (2 crit>1 int) = Haste (to 4889) > Mastery > Haste (beyond 4889) > Spirit (beyond 14k total)
    Any particular reason for 4889 haste? 14K spirit is quite a lot, I can get away with just over 9K on my sheet but I don't have quite that much haste so we'll see if I need anything over 10K but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXmckenzie View Post
    Any particular reason for 4889 haste? 14K spirit is quite a lot, I can get away with just over 9K on my sheet but I don't have quite that much haste so we'll see if I need anything over 10K but I doubt it.
    That's total effective spirit, not static spirit. Also includes avg spirit gain from trinkets.