Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    What 12 space suits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    That supposed Chinese leak thread updated with a pic, go see
    Yeah it's the.... gosh I hate the name of those two leaks....
    Ah yes, the "spoiler source" thread.

FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'd be happy to see a new class next expansion, regardless of what it is.

Though I doubt its going to be a Demon Hunter.

I hope and pray for Demon Hunters every expansion .
    Its probably the only class that would make me change my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The difference is that we had factors in both the Monk and DK classes that could facilitate a huge uptick in their numbers. Arthas could pop up and raise a whole bunch of DKs, or we could run into a bunch of Pandarens who could teach us Martial Arts.

We have no such factors with Demon Hunters. They are elusive by nature, and don't seem eager to take on converts. Illidan trained some Blood Elves because he needed soldiers to fight the Burning Legion, but the number of DHs who achieved Illidan's level of power was tiny, and they were all elves.

Additionally we have the added problem of Warlocks consuming more and more of the DH's concept. Next expansion Demonology WILL get more DH/Illidan attributes. You can't deny that.
    You realize that while the abilities of a demonology warlock may seem like a demon hunters, it is actually far from the truth, correct? Metamorphosis is simply a copied version of Illidan's Corrupted Form. Immolation Aura is simply a carbon copy of an Infernals Immolation aura. While most, non-lore struck fellas, like more than half the people who are too eager to lump demon hunters and warlocks together, cannot see the difference, I know you do, as you have before in your own demon hunter class concept. Warlocks are far from being demon hunters. To the untrained, yes, they "lack" melee and duel weilding, but to the people who know, it is far more than this.

Could Blizzard lump them together? technically, yes, but they would also need to retcon alot of the new lore of the class that just came out, and they would need to redesign the spec yet again. Then, you would have to deal with balancing issues for pve and pvp. Warlocks are one of the strongest classes for pvp and have that fine line of being either Completely overpowered or completely underpowered. A melee warlock would be overpowered with all their utility they currently have and survivability that would be given in order to compensate for being melee. But that is for another day to discuss.

We actually do have a huge factor for demon hunters, and one that you do not wish to recognize, and that in itself, is the dark embrace. How many have found their way to Telarius? How many have begun down the dark path? These questions are asked and never answered.

we already have demon hunters. it's called warlocks

Doubt there will be another class. We already got Monks in MoP.
    I'd say the chance there will be new races is bigger than a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    You realize that while the abilities of a demonology warlock may seem like a demon hunters, it is actually far from the truth, correct? Metamorphosis is simply a copied version of Illidan's Corrupted Form. Immolation Aura is simply a carbon copy of an Infernals Immolation aura. While most, non-lore struck fellas, like more than half the people who are too eager to lump demon hunters and warlocks together, cannot see the difference, I know you do, as you have before in your own demon hunter class concept. Warlocks are far from being demon hunters. To the untrained, yes, they "lack" melee and duel weilding, but to the people who know, it is far more than this.

Could Blizzard lump them together? technically, yes, but they would also need to retcon alot of the new lore of the class that just came out, and they would need to redesign the spec yet again. Then, you would have to deal with balancing issues for pve and pvp. Warlocks are one of the strongest classes for pvp and have that fine line of being either Completely overpowered or completely underpowered. A melee warlock would be overpowered with all their utility they currently have and survivability that would be given in order to compensate for being melee. But that is for another day to discuss.

We actually do have a huge factor for demon hunters, and one that you do not wish to recognize, and that in itself, is the dark embrace. How many have found their way to Telarius? How many have begun down the dark path? These questions are asked and never answered.
    Look Wolfen, its like this; Blizzard considers Illidan a demon. Demonology is slowly becoming a spec modeled after Illidan (transforming into a demon to increase your powers).

So where does that leave Demon Hunters as a concept? Do you honestly believe you can create a viable DH class without the Illidan concept, and without the abilities currently possessed by the Warlock class?

If you can, please explain, because I don't think you can. Again, we're talking about a DH class without Immolation, without Metamorphosis, and without Illidan's abilities.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-11-02 at 07:10 PM.

The difference is that we had factors in both the Monk and DK classes that could facilitate a huge uptick in their numbers. Arthas could pop up and raise a whole bunch of DKs, or we could run into a bunch of Pandarens who could teach us Martial Arts.

We have no such factors with Demon Hunters. They are elusive by nature, and don't seem eager to take on converts. Illidan trained some Blood Elves because he needed soldiers to fight the Burning Legion, but the number of DHs who achieved Illidan's level of power was tiny, and they were all elves.

Additionally we have the added problem of Warlocks consuming more and more of the DH's concept. Next expansion Demonology WILL get more DH/Illidan attributes. You can't deny that. I wouldn't be surprised if Illidan's Guile re-appeared next expansion as a talent or class ability.
    And when everyone knows that the Legion is about to invade Azeroth once again in full force, that is cause worthy enough for the reclusive Demon Hunters to come out of hiding and train a new generation ready and willing to take up the mantle. Warlocks are exactly the same in this context, where all the trainers are kept reclusive in a secret society in the underbellies of their respected cities. It's not a reason against the existence of a Demon Hunter class by any means.

The Blood Elves trained under Illidan because they were eager to follow the path of the Demon Hunter. There aren't many who are willing to make the sacrifice, but tragic events lead to such results. Maybe the source of the new Demon Hunters is playing the Draenor citizens who survived its destruction. If this was pre-TBC, even if we knew Death Knights were going to be playable, no one would have known they would actually be as former champions of the Lich King.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And when everyone knows that the Legion is about to invade Azeroth once again in full force, that is cause worthy enough for the reclusive Demon Hunters to come out of hiding and train a new generation ready and willing to take up the mantle. Warlocks are exactly the same in this context, where all the trainers are kept reclusive in a secret society in the underbellies of their respected cities. It's not a reason against the existence of a Demon Hunter class by any means.

The Blood Elves trained under Illidan because they were eager to follow the path of the Demon Hunter. There aren't many who are willing to make the sacrifice, but tragic events lead to such results. Maybe the source of the new Demon Hunters is playing the Draenor citizens who survived its destruction. If this was pre-TBC, even if we knew Death Knights were going to be playable, no one would have known they would actually be as former champions of the Lich King.
    I don't get why people claim "Demon Hunters are evil and won't help us" when Demon Hunters clearly did help during WC3. If there's legion forces to slay, they'd even work with the Horde. The reason they didn't help us in BC was because they were under the lead of Illidan who had gone absolutely mental thinking literally everyone was out to exact Kil'jaedan's vengeance on him.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

World of Draenor: Welcome My Brainfart.

This thread.

Deleted
    Better reserve the name xillidanx then.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    we already have demon hunters. it's called warlocks
    I'll quote myself from earlier:

Why Demon Hunters and Warlocks are NOT THE SAME
    Demon Hunters <-> Warlocks

Many are Night Elves<-> Can NOT be a Night Elf
    Are melee combatants <-> Are ranged casters
    Are primary melee combatants who excel at a special martial fighting art <-> Wear dresses and wave sticks around
    Dual wield warglaives and have evasive powers to tank with <-> No twice, and then also no
    Despise demons, slay them <-> Date their succubi, constantly have a demon with them, sometimes two
    Cool sleek emo look <-> Scary fiery emo look
    Ritually blind themselves <-> Wear funny hats
    Can turn into a demon, at least Illidan can <-> In lore, copied this ability because it seemed powerful

So, one of these things- the one thing that warlocks copied from demon hunters- is a thing that they have in common.

That picture with the demon hunter night elf is absolutely misleading. I never saw that before today, but I would have been super excited if I had (I did, however, explicitly ask google back then if demon hunters were in WoW, quite a few times).

Anyway, if Blizzard wanted warlocks to have a spec that was a demon hunter, they could do that. But they could also do it for rogues. In both cases, a bunch of class abilities would have to not make the transition, and in both cases, the class talents wouldn't be that appropriate.

What they SHOULD do, is make a whole class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully there won't be any new class/races.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Better reserve the name xillidanx then.
    Illidandk
    Illidanqt
    Illidanx
    Illidanlol
    Illidanxxx

Will reserve them all.

Deleted
    Demon Hunter still doesn't make any sense and I strongly hope that Blizzard won't do it.

Deleted
    Il-LOL-dan

Really though, I've wanted Demon Hunters for so long but can't see it happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look Wolfen, its like this; Blizzard considers Illidan a demon. Demonology is slowly becoming a spec modeled after Illidan (transforming into a demon to increase your powers).

So where does that leave Demon Hunters as a concept? Do you honestly believe you can create a viable DH class without the Illidan concept, and without the abilities currently possessed by the Warlock class?

If you can, please explain, because I don't think you can. Again, we're talking about a DH class without Immolation, without Metamorphosis, and without Illidan's abilities.
    Blizzard Considers Illidan a Unique Demon/Night Elf Hybrid, so half demon half night elf. The only time he goes full demon is when he metamorphs (which in bt, he goes darker and blacker and his runes glow), otherwise, he is simply a hybrid, not a demon. A night elf Demon is a Satyr. So that cuts out that.

Illidan has plenty of abilities in black temple, not to mention blue fire and never uses green fire, only his warglaives uses green fire when they summon Essences of Azzinoth to the plain of existence.

Metamorphosis for a demon hunter is different than a warlocks, and easily two different beings, one a purple illidan (or a glitched green that still hasnt been fixed) and one a black naked demon. Will I need to use pictures with this? To show the difference?

Immolation and Immolation aura are two different spells. Immolation aura is a suped up hellfire, while Immolation lights yourself on fire. Warlocks do not own Immolation at all, and simply own an Aura.

But to try and add a Demon Hunter without Meta and Immolation? Easy, just a rename of "spells" and call meta Demonic Form and immolation as Engulfing Flames. As much as you want to say, they cant have those spells, it did not stop a Holy paladin and Holy priest from existing. It did not stop a Shadow Priest and an Affliction Warlock from existing. Hell, affliction warlocks just stole Mind Sear in the form of Malefic Grasp, course given their own "version." Hell, we have Destruction warlocks and Fire Mages. Please. Please do not try "Oh if X has Y spell, Z cannot exist, because it need Y spell." Warlocks have their own lore and definition and so do Demon Hunters.

Demonology is not defined as a copy of Illidan. Rather, it is defined by powering yourself up to use other Demons abilities and summoning as many demons as possibly. For example of powered up spells, a Pit lord's Doom or Infernal's Immolation aura or Dreadlord's Carrion Swarm or Dreadlord's Sleep. Example of demons being Wild Imps or the Fel guard (wrathguard). As a player who played ms all of expansion of Demonology, I can easily tell you it not what any sort of demon hunter does. Yes, we look like Illidan when we morph, but that is it. Nothing else makes us look or seem like Illidan. Hell, they even tried to get rid of Immolation Aura during mop beta, but to an outcry of warlock players, they had to re-add it, as it went from Rain of Fire to Hellfire in meta.

Telling me that a demonology warlock is basically a demon hunter makes me infuriated and basically tells me that they have never played a demonology warlock before. A demon Hunter is not a Demonology warlock, never has been, and currently, never will be.

Deleted
    Can't see it happening, don't see how they could make them different enough from other classes we already have.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Nothing else says outland/draenor, burning legion than illidan/demon hunter.

Bring it on.

A DW 1h crossbow spec, dw 1h warglaive spec, some kind of demon form healing spec using demonic energies.

yes yes please.

Anyone else post your demon hunter desires.
    crossbow? wrong game

i get that alot of people want to see demon hunter as a new class but lets take a twist in another direction i havent seen skimming through the thread, if its here then i do apologise

we saw things with MoP that changed some classes, mention even of tri spec.

druids got split into 4 with the tank spec a seperate spec altogether, meaning blizzard has the coding avail to give players more then 3 specs.

we have had the 3 spec choices since vanilla, druids being the exclusion.

maybe instead of working on a new class for players to roll through content with maybe the solution is simply this

give us a new spec, give classes a new 4th spec that adds more diversity into the game.

people want demon hunters, heck give warlocks an actual melee dps or tank spec that would fit that demon hunter spec

give hunters a spec that gives us a spec without a pet, just the players power.

how about battlemages that are melee arcanists?

i can understand why people love to play alts, game gets boring once youve worked that main but is the solution really going through the world again on another class, seeing 100% of the same content with nothing more then a new tool kit? why not just add new kits to existing classes so we can experience the game on our already leveled toons in a new light.