Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    Let's assume that the time travel stands as is and it is needed to prevent the total destruction of Azeroth by the Burning Legion. Question is, what can we do in the past to succeed but without changing anything significant in the current "political" order?
    Interfere with whatever Varimathras for example or other agents of the Legion have been doing while we were focussed on Deathwing and Pandaria?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caranthir View Post
    Interfere with whatever Varimathras for example or other agents of the Legion have been doing while we were focussed on Deathwing and Pandaria?
    If we go back too far to finish off the Burning Legion we might change the history so significantly that that Azeroth might not have orcs. If orcs do come and history plays out as we know, then what mistake have we made along the road that needs fixing?
    Alternatively if Burning Legion agents have tempered with the timeline, why haven't they done bigger damage? Or they have and that"s what we have to fix now? But build a whole expansion around this, when we did similar events in CoT...

One of the things that me and another guildie she is a blogger her name is Battlechicken aka ambermist were talking about was......

What we thought was a few different ideas. What about if we go back in time not simply because we want to but because we messed up the timeline in cata. The dragonsoul was supposed to be shattered and we went back in time to retrieve it. Now the time period where we went back to get it was when Rhonin, Krasus and Brox were closing the portal with Malfurion. Brox cut the leg of the leader of the legion so he came to kill him which gave time for Rhonin and Krasus time to focus their magic on it and disrupted the magic that kept the portal open.

Now we didnt see this and yes it could have happened that way since we could not see inside the well, but what we saw was us sending mannoroth back to the abyss. This allowed Malfurion and Illidan time to close the well from the out side. So by us going back in time to fix this mistake we also change the timeline somehow aka save Illidan and Arthas by either revealing their fate to them and what they have done or stopping them in the act so they do not become the men they are. Since when the dragons lost their power using the dragonsoul Noz looks almost sad, maybe he knows that this timeline is not the way it was supposed to happen with us going back to take the draonsoul.

The other theory

The other theory is that we go back in time to stop the legion and the one point we know they are most vulnerable is the time they thought they were in control. This was back on Draenor when they either had the orcs in a blood rage or were about to poison them using Grom. By saving Grom we also save the orcs from the blood rage or at least most of them since the orcs we know now are mostly their descendants. In turn doing this will mess up the time line even more which still results in the shattering of the planet. However the Naaru see what we are up to and try and stop us as they understand that things have to be as they were. The Naaru get more involved to help the Draenei escape the planet since they know they can not stop the planet from exploding yet again. Yet the time line is still changed for other things such as Mannoroth not being sent back and now learns about "us" as a world.

The second theory is as above but with a twist

We know that trolls are the oldest race on Azeroth, and that their descendants are Night Elves. Now the High Born or Blood Elves come from the Night Elves since they decide that they want to practice arcane magic over that of Elune. We also know that the "Earthen" are dwarfs and they were made by the titans. The Draenei and Orcs come from Draenor. Goblins and Gnomes origins are sparse lore for me I am afraid. However we do not know where the Humans come from! Their is a referace that someone brought up in a thread yesterday that stated their were near-humans on Draenor! Maybe this is about finding the humans roots since the "near-humans".

Here is the info from http://wowpedia.org/Near-human

The near-humans (also known as the 'humans') of Draenor are an in-universe speculative race used by Garona and Medivh to interpret the former's non-orcish heritage.[1] In The Last Guardian, Garona makes various statements that there was a different group of humans living on Draenor than those the orcs later discovered on Azeroth, who were possibly rendered extinct some time before.[1] When first explaining this to Khadgar, Medivh surmised that her homeland had "humans, or near-humans, or at least had them within living memory."[1] Later on, Khadgar saw a vision of Gul'dan's quarters on Draenor, in which he kept "preserved things, some of which might have once belonged to human or humanish creatures" inside one of the cabinets along his walls.[2] They were similar enough physically, mentally, and culturally for them to give Garona insight on humans of Azeroth, discovered through the newly opened Dark Portal.[3]
    Garona believed that she was half-orc and had half-human heritage from these Draenor-born humans.[3] According to her, it was Medivh who "made [her] feel human. And [she hadn't] felt human in a long, long time."[4] She specifically stated that she was "of both Orc and Human lineage"[5] and "neither."[6] Orcs only "[saw] the parts of [her] that [were] human;" they said her "human hand" was "too slender to be really useful, [did] not [have] enough muscle to hold an ax or bash a skull in properly—too pale, too weak, and too ugly."[6] However, it was later confirmed that she is instead half-draenei,[7] but was deceived by Gul'dan to believe that she was half-human.[8]

This would also tie in how we go back in time. Medivh and the timewalkers come to help us right the wrongs in the past.

Another theory is that we go back in time with the help of Medivh, because Kel'thuzad has found a way to go back in time to save his "master" and "fix" the wrongs that had been done.

What if Sylvanas picked up the shards of frostmourn to use its power to raise more of "her people". She does this like all who touch frostmourn for the right reasons. However she inturn dooms Azeroth as frostmourn belongs to the Legion and they use it as a way to open another portal by either controling her or using her to contact Azshara to help her do so. This is what unleashes the tidal wave on Azeroth and bring it to the edge of destruction. What if instead of Azshara she brings it to Wrathion? What would Wrathion do with such power but "save" Azeroth. Then we go back to stop and undo what he has done.

The last one is just joking fun as we were at the end of the conversation but still was fun.....thanks for taking a look at this post and I welcome all comments good or bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Here you go, champ.

I'm guessing it's a new class.
    Thanks. Had a bit of trouble getting the image to work, but i managed to just google it.

maybe Grommash is not Grom but Garrosh new name > after he run from prison he will start using new name

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    maybe Grommash is not Grom but Garrosh new name > after he run from prison he will start using new name
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Grom_Hellscream

although, in a universe of wild speculations: garrosh could go back in time after escaping his prison in pandaria. to a point in time shortly after his father's death in ashenvale and then disguise himself and pose as his father, using his father's freshly earned image of being a hero to all orcs to propel his mischievous agenda? of course, this could potentially shift too much attention to garrosh, but let's assume this won't be the main plot for X5 but rather a continuation of the storyline fabricated durin MoP serving as an introduction to a time-travel-X5 with a lot more crazy stuff coming about in the future course of the expansion.

see, this is the awesome about an expansion with a lot of time travel going on... there is SO MUCH potential for awesome stuff to be going on. almost anything can be played out very well, if encased in a well-written story.
    people are way too worried about possible screw ups... try to look it from another angle and maybe you will find that the possibilities are endless
    Last edited by mmocf30e4e18d9; 2013-11-03 at 12:50 PM.

Going back to my post a few pages ago regarding fixing alternate timelines...to be clear...that was only in reference to the leveling experience.

Once that is complete the end game max level game play would be focused on advancing the storyline.

It would be cool if Blizzard made 8-10 alternate timelines and allowed the players to choose or were randomly assigned (and scaled) 5 of them per character to allow for some differences in the leveling experience.

I don't know just tossing out ideas on how to make the leveling experience more fun.

Sorry if already linked somewhere but thought I'd share this

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Double feature: "Back to the Future" and "Hot Tub Time Machine" during night of daylight savings.
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/396894171224502272

Is he toying with people who are speculating a Time Travel expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Sorry if already linked somewhere but thought I'd share this

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/396894171224502272

Is he toying with people who are speculating a Time Travel expansion?
    I don't keep up with Dev's twitter stuff... But it could just be him noting he's watching time travel movies on time change night?

Or does he not usually post personal updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I don't keep up with Dev's twitter stuff... But it could just be him noting he's watching time travel movies on time change night?

Or does he not usually post personal updates?
    Not sure tbh, a quick glance shows mostly WoW stuff. I'll let someone else answer that. /tinfoil hat.

I have two problems with this information:

1.- how can we time travel, when the bronze dragonflight has lost almost all their power?
    2.- would blizzard put Grom as the antagonist when we just fought his son? people are pretty much sick of the Hellscream name by now, it would be ridiculous and very suicidal to put the father as the bad guy in the new expansion.

Deleted
    12 classes going to space, 11 old 1 new.
    Space can be Argus, Draenor(Outland), Xoroth, K'aresh etc.
    Or maybe a whole new world we don't know by name yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    Goblins and Gnomes origins are sparse lore for me I am afraid. However we do not know where the Humans come from!
    Goblins are a native race too that were enslaved by jungle trolls before gaining their increased intelligence from Kaja'mite mineral. Gnomes origins are similar to the Earthen, they were originally Mechagnomes made by the titans before succumbing to the curse of flesh. Humans are descended from the Vrykul half-giants in Northrend, although we don't know the origins of the Vrykul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    1.- how can we time travel, when the bronze dragonflight has lost almost all their power?
    The Timeless Isle is something not even the Bronze Flight can understand. I've speculated before that Kairoz used it to change the recent events for some reason or another.

Deleted
    I think people are forgetting something...
    I know what retcon means, but remember the Vashj/Kael dialogue in the "Frozen Throne" when they reach the Outlands?
    "What is this desolate place, Vashj?
    "This shattered world is called outland, young prince, it is all that remains of Draenor, the former homeland of the orcish Horde."
    So...either we go back in time..or there isn´t much to see in the Outlands right now....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerq View Post
    I think people are forgetting something...
    I know what retcon means, but remember the Vashj/Kael dialogue in the "Frozen Throne" when they reach the Outlands?
    "What is this desolate place, Vashj?
    "This shattered world is called outland, young prince, it is all that remains of Draenor, the former homeland of the orcish Horde."
    So...either we go back in time..or there isn´t much to see in the Outlands right now....
    maybe vashj's knowledge was of limited nature?

Deleted
    If the Chinese leak does tie in with this, I think I've just figured out what the 'city becomes a raid' and the 'spacesuits' is about

(From wowpedia)

With the Broken Farseer Nobundo, first of the draenei shaman, at his side, the Prophet personally led a raid on Tempest Keep to wrest control of one of its satellite structures, the Exodar. The battle was so close that the enemy was able to board the Exodar before it could leave Outland. The fighting continued onboard as the ship travelled in space. The blood elves, discovering what the draenei were planning, sabotaged the dimensional engines of the vessel. When the draenei activated it, the engine malfunctioned and sent the Exodar hurtling out of control through the Twisting Nether until it reached the closest habitable planet, Azeroth.
    If the timeline is messed up badly enough we may need to help the draenei take over the exodar and fight on it as it travel's through space, perhaps even going outside onto the deck as it's traveling through the warp, hence the 'spacesuits'........

possibly...

maybe....

who knows /shrug
    Last edited by mmocf5558b9282; 2013-11-03 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Goblins are a native race too that were enslaved by jungle trolls before gaining their increased intelligence from Kaja'mite mineral. Gnomes origins are similar to the Earthen, they were originally Mechagnomes made by the titans before succumbing to the curse of flesh. Humans are descended from the Vrykul half-giants in Northrend, although we don't know the origins of the Vrykul.
    The vrykul were created by the Titans (remember all the iron vrykul in the Ulduar dungeons?) and suffered from the Curse of Flesh just like the mechagnomes.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    If the Chinese leak does tie in with this, I think I've just figured out what the 'city becomes a raid' and the 'spacesuits' is about

(From wowpedia)

If the timeline is messed up badly enough we may need to help the draenei take over the exodar and fight on it as it travel's through space, perhaps even going outside onto the deck as it's traveling through the warp, hence the 'spacesuits'........

possibly...

maybe....

who knows /shrug
    Yes, because again playing out storyline where we already know the end result is so darn much fun...

I hope all this Draenor stuff is wrong.

/sigh.

The title of this supposed "leak" thread is all wrong. It's not "what happens next". It's "what happened before, you just get to see it in person".

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Yes, because again playing out storyline where we already know the end result is so darn much fun...
    You mean like every expansion?