Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post

comic sans!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Arakkoa are huge long shot, not likely at all, since they are essentially a shout out to the Skeksis of The Dark Crystal

- - - Updated - - -

not that i wouldn't totally like the Arakkoa, i think they'd be cool, i love the idea of the Awakened and Redeemed Arakkoa in Shattrath
    Pandaren were an April Fools joke. The Old Gods are blatant homages to Lovecraft. Arrakoa could easily be made to work.

I mean I'd never hear of that film, so I don't know how popular or well known it was in the 80s, but I'd wager a lot of people missed the reference and wouldn't care if they knew. Arrakoa lore can easily be expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Pandaren were a small relatively unimportant race.... Where are they now?
    Agreed.So blizz could add any race if they wanted. Nothing is sacred after pandaren.

What are the chances blizzard comes up with 2 totally new races of both factions? (meaning two new races that lived only on Draenor)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Agreed.So blizz could add any race if they wanted. Nothing is sacred after pandaren.

What are the chances blizzard comes up with 2 totally new races of both factions? (meaning two new races that lived only on Draenor)
    Big, but IMO i don't think they will come up with 2 new races, why? cause there are many other races that have been asked a lot for, that have the perfect oportunity now (AKA: Ogres, Ethereals, Arakkoa, Demon based race, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post

'New' as in relatively unknown, I'd say mediocre chances. Which means it's not a bad chance at all. I'm pulling for The Broken still, because I just like the Akama storyline and it would be heavily tied to Draenei. For all we know, you could be playing a Sporeling soon. Or a glowy naaru. Ha!

10+ Year Old Account
    If we were to get a demon-based race I would like it to be Satyr. Arakkoa and Ogres are feasible and if Blizzard continues milking WoW we will most likely see them as playable races some day. If we get anything with WoD though, I believe it will be bi-faction Ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Pandaren were an April Fools joke. The Old Gods are blatant homages to Lovecraft. Arrakoa could easily be made to work.

I mean I'd never hear of that film, so I don't know how popular or well known it was in the 80s, but I'd wager a lot of people missed the reference and wouldn't care if they knew. Arrakoa lore can easily be expanded.
    It was very popular. Jim Henson's muppets were at about their peak when Dark Crystal came out; it probably isn't as well known as the Labyrinth a few years later, but it's still very well known.

Still, they didn't cleave too close to that reference material. Skeksis were evil in the meat with no variation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    It was very popular. Jim Henson's muppets were at about their peak when Dark Crystal came out; it probably isn't as well known as the Labyrinth a few years later, but it's still very well known.

Still, they didn't cleave too close to that reference material. Skeksis were evil in the meat with no variation.
    it was recieved ambivalently by critics, some called it too dark and too creepy and too difficult to follow

the dark crystal was very bizarre and very ambitious, i think it scared a lot of children and creeped out a lot of adults.
    it ended up not making any money at the box offices and fell into obscurity for many years but later became a cult classic because a lot of young people in the 80's came to admire its audacity once they grew up. (this is my reaction to it, it gave me nightmares as a 6 year old and i *LOVE* it now

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Skeksis also had the whole backstory with urSkeks and the split into two counterpart races. Arakkoa could be made to fit all three roles (Skeksis, urSkek, urRu), except under different sects. Skettis and Terokk could fulfill the role of Skeksis, the Exiles in Shattrath may be the urRu, and the playable faction fulfill the role of the end result (urSkek).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ogre for horde.
    This soooo much. Please blizzard make Ogre a playable race for horde. I would pay so much money for that expansion.

It's been said plenty of times in this thread but if they were to do High Elves for the Alliance I could see them claim a population of Man'ari broke off from the Legion and joined the Horde. That way the Alliance gets reskinned Blood Elves and the Horde gets reskinned Draenei.

No love for the Vrykul? I would play the beegeesus out of that race

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ogre for horde.
    Arakkoa for alliance.
    NO Arakkoa. Why anyone would be playing a fkn giant ugly bird race with poor lore behind them, stop asking for shitty races.

I like every bit of speculation about this expansion...

...except for Arrakoas.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Ogre for the Horde.
    High Elves for the Alliance.
    Agreed, this makes more sense. with Alleria comming back again and dalaran being part of the alliance this could be really good, will also help balancing factions... Seriously.. A lot of people are just playing horde because of the Blood elves... change the male/female animations/eye color and give them new racials. It would work.

10+ Year Old Account
    people seem to forget that birds are technically dinosaurs. and therefore are totally wicked-awesome!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear to God, if Horde gets Naga or Ogre. and Alliance gets Arakkoa or Ethereal I will be SO PISSED. I want Arakkoa Druid!!!!!
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

I don't see the difference between orc and orge. One has one head, one has two. Big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    NO Arakkoa. Why anyone would be playing a fkn giant ugly bird race with poor lore behind them, stop asking for shitty races.
    That depends who you ask...

I would love to play Arakkoa, is true that they have not much lore, and that's why they would be a great new race, cause if we have an expansion in outland / draenor, we WILL see their lore expanded we will see more of them, and at least for me they look really cool (and i know i'm not the only one that like them, cause i'm not the only one asking for them)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihsnek View Post
    I don't see the difference between orc and orge. One has one head, one has two. Big deal.
    Not all Ogres have 2 heads

Give us High Elves and I will buy the expansion 5 times just to show my dedication.