Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    I don't see how hard i would be to toss us one of those unused mounts that never made it into the game. Crimson/golden/green Water Strider anyone? Azure/jade heavenly cloud serpent? That wouldnt have even required effort.
    Then there would be threads calling Blizzard scumbags for not designing something new. It's a lose/lose for them.

When has the 9th anniversary of anything ever been significant? Wait until the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    I agree with OP.
    Me, just like hium, keep paying our sub in hopes of getting a cool reward every game anniversary
    I hope that's not the only reason you're paying your sub.

I know it will only be a minimal reward, the expectations are so low at this point. I'm not sure why some think they are entitled to something for playing a game for an extended period of time. Everyone wants a participation trophy I guess?

15+ Year Old Account
    I rather have em spend the time and money on WoD than some pet
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sometimes warcraft players can be such tools for blizzard.

As the op says, so many other games, even games that DON'T have you pay a subscription, show they appreciate the players for playing there game for so many years.

You'd think wow devs would show that to its playerbase, instead of giving crap excuses like 'we're working on an expansion, its really important!', so important they can't go one day without doing something for the players, a pet, a tabard, a mount, anything.

Well, this is the 9th year, this time next year we're be at wows 10th. You'd think by then the devs would should some serious appreciation for players, esspecally long time subs, for keeping there fucking company alive. If they don't give some kind of appreciation to us by next year, then it'll just make what everyone says about blizzard true, that its not about the players, but the money.
    What is this works coming to??!! I'm agreeing with so many of ur posts lately trassk and quite frankly its scary

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Yes. It would require minimal effort, and show a little love to the community.
    Why do people just assume this? People always think it is easy and would require minimal effort. I don't work for Blizzard, but I know a person who does (not really), so I don't know.

I do know from people who work in other computer companies that what looks simple is not always that simple. Remember the issues with the backpack space? More bags? Blizzard said it was not easy to fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breathe...
    It'll be alright!
    I was hoping for a pet(but I hope for a pet every day), didn't expect one, and am not screaming that I will not renew my subscription! I had a year of fun in a game that is more than worth the monthly sub fee to me. If you need a pet to make you think the game is worth playing, well....I ...yeah, well...people have linked many games that might suit you better, I myself prefer to play this one whether we get a pet or not

Signature design by Shyama
    I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special!

The more money Blizzard makes, the less they do for us vanity wise. It's all about balance and crap. No more vanity, class flavor or fun stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    The guild wars games got mounts...?
    Noticed that too, Was in Guild Wars earlier, still couldn`t find my mount.
    Also typical, days after closing gw2 account I learn there were mounts? ;p

Also, gw2 didn`t have anniversary events did it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really miss how SWG did things. Gave you a unique reward for every 3 months subscribed, with an ever-expanding list of tiers and the option to choose whatever you wanted from them. The items were even tradeable, so you could either cash in or collect them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Have yet to read anyone say they're quitting over not receiving something more than the buff, most just seem a bit disappointed.
    Which is precisely my point. Might be one-off examples of whining here and there but mostly I'm just seeing vague disappointment and namecalling. And I would put the namecallers together with the worst whiners on a rocket-to-the-sun anyday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Why do people just assume this?
    I don't just assume this. I know precisely how much effort goes into unique art assets. Tweaking a model, throwing a semi-unique skin on it, and pushing it out the door like they did with the Onyxian is not difficult.

I really think those of you screaming "Entitled! Entitled! WAAAH!!!!!" should really go and look up what the word means.

I don't think it's entitlement to want a little more of a reward for paying the money to play the game for (in some cases) nine years. I think it's only fair that people want something more than "Here's a cookie, now smeg off" for the anniversary.

And even if you don't, why do we have to listen to it?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I really think those of you screaming "Entitled! Entitled! WAAAH!!!!!" should really go and look up what the word means.

I don't think it's entitlement to want a little more of a reward for paying the money to play the game for (in some cases) nine years. I think it's only fair that people want something more than "Here's a cookie, now smeg off" for the anniversary.

You pretty much just described it to a T.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Yeah the only reason I play this game is so I can get free stuff on the anniversary!

/end sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    When has the 9th anniversary of anything ever been significant? Wait until the 10th.
    If anything people still playing after 9 years should be treated like royalty by Blizzard...

Deleted
    I expected more pandering to blizz posts, or flaming. Glad to see a lot of people think the same about their customer service experiences

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sometimes warcraft players can be such tools for blizzard.

As the op says, so many other games, even games that DON'T have you pay a subscription, show they appreciate the players for playing there game for so many years.

You'd think wow devs would show that to its playerbase, instead of giving crap excuses like 'we're working on an expansion, its really important!', so important they can't go one day without doing something for the players, a pet, a tabard, a mount, anything.

Well, this is the 9th year, this time next year we're be at wows 10th. You'd think by then the devs would should some serious appreciation for players, esspecally long time subs, for keeping there fucking company alive. If they don't give some kind of appreciation to us by next year, then it'll just make what everyone says about blizzard true, that its not about the players, but the money.
    They already do, they give us the most popular western MMO that still has 7 mil players after 9 years. That's a reward.
    You make me despair. You are so spoiled, so ridiculously spoiled.
    At one hand, people complain how everyone is given things for free. On the other hand, people complain about not being given enough things for free.

It's just... mindblowing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

Because let's ignore the actual things you're actually getting for subscribing, like... the most popular western MMO ever? Don't like it, don't play it. Thing is, you do like it, and you do play it. So they must be doing something right.

My parents celebrated their anniversary. I bought them a present.
    Blizzard celebrated their anniversary. Did you buy them a present?

I would take the 9% exp and rep boost item over any of the trivial rewards you have listed.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwatch View Post
    My parents celebrated their anniversary. I bought them a present.
    Blizzard celebrated their anniversary. Did you buy them a present?
    That's slightly different.

My parents raised me with no expectation of getting money back. To show that I'm gracious, I should get them a present.

I helped make what Blizzard is doing for a living possible, to the tune of ~1600$. (wow + expansions + time + sc2 + d3). Should I get them a present for my gift of ~loyal patronage throughout the years?
    Last edited by Lumicide; 2013-11-19 at 01:40 PM.