Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    You're talking about a free game though.

How many of those 32 million active "users" are just people's alt accounts?

How many of those never front a penny to Riot?

No doubt LoL is popular, and definitely more popular than WoW, but really, those graphs mean exactly nothing.
    i will agree with you, graphs and numbers released from any company are going to be skewered to make them look better. its only natural.

but to play devils advocate, how many of blizzards 7+ million subs are unique subs? how many out of that 7 million are simply duplicates from people who buy a second account? i personally knew of several people in my guild back in TBC days that bought a second account and kept both of them active at the same time. what about the people who multi-box? while the population who do is, im sure, really really low the fact remains there are numerous people out there who own multiple accounts.

isnt there a guy who used to multi box like a full 40 man AV premade? again the population of people who do things like that are probably in the minority but thats proof that the 7 million sub number is a little misleading.

Deleted
    WHY I am literally crying right now. League of the Loosers D(S)UCKS!

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    I completely support his choice. Riot is the right place for someone like him. I think Ghostcrawler has good ideas on paper, but they didn't necessarily translate well to WoW. I didn't like him being one of the leads on WoW because for me, he didn't have the passion for Warcraft as a universe and didn't take it into consideration when working on new systems/balancing things out and that means the game losing flavor. LoL is a much "simpler" game and you really can focus on balancing and streamlining things out without much consequence.
    Yet the Q&A posted by the OP shows Greg saying that people get too wrapped up in the numbers game/tuning and forget about the actual "adventure" of the game. Everyone blames him for all these terrible decision that "he made" for class balance, etc. but like he's stated many times before, it's a collective effort, I highly doubt he just feel like doing something and make it happen in game. A lot of decisions are made out of necessity, imagine if DK's were still Wrath level...

Deleted
    lol I hope he will ruin this bad game!

GC sure loves a cancerous community. From Wow to Lol...
    Luckly for him, he is already bald

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duende View Post
    I love the "I tried WoW for the PvP not too long ago but nothing compares to LoL" comments.

Other than that, I can't stand the shit show that goes on on those forums daily

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    People said yes, but the news has been full enough without them. Today was a good opportunity to present them, but we might not hear much from him for a while. After he starts tweeting again we will see how relevant it is. The poll was mostly to make sure the majority didn't not want to see them.
    Fair enough! Even though people are pretty split on liking him or not, I still think he's got some interesting stuff to say and would love to keep up to date with what he's up to!

Deleted
    Just seeing the riot channel on twitch has almost 300000 viwers and People here try to downspeak LoL? I am not a lol Player but clearly it is a much bigger game than any Blizzard game out there so it is an upgrade for GC.

I read the interview and only one thing comes into my mind. GC is fucking dumb. The replies he gave are contradicting each other, it's just pain to read and realize this man was in charge...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    I read the interview and only one thing comes into my mind. GC is fucking dumb. The replies he gave are contradicting each other, it's just pain to read and realize this man was in charge...
    You really shouldn't call anyone dumb when you don't even know who was and still is in charge of WoW development. It was never GC. Do yourself a favor and find out who the hell Tom Chilton is before you speak on things you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritisch View Post
    Just seeing the riot channel on twitch has almost 300000 viwers and People here try to downspeak LoL? I am not a lol Player but clearly it is a much bigger game than any Blizzard game out there so it is an upgrade for GC.
    So you don't play LoL, but you've checked out its twitch channel? Right.

I was pretty impressed with the patience GC showed answering these tweets from people who don't seem to realize he doesn't work for Blizzard anymore. I would've been verbally backhanding the douchebags left and right, now that he no longer necessarily has to play nice with ignorant children.

Ghostcrawler ojaja te mueras

this is wonderful news, now GC can kill riot from the inside. so tired of this moba fad, we need a return to real RTS games.

on topic...this is the "big opportunity" he was talking about? leaving blizzard for riot? thats pretty insulting, imo.

Well, he's somebody else's problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this is wonderful news, now GC can kill riot from the inside. so tired of this moba fad, we need a return to real RTS games.

on topic...this is the "big opportunity" he was talking about? leaving blizzard for riot? thats pretty insulting, imo.
    Wow, everything about this comment is just wrong. No wonder he left, because of childish players like you with the most biased of opinions. Get your head out of your ass, and come to planet earth, where not everything is one track minded, and seasons change. It's nice here, we have cookies.

gc's first league patch:

-all AP mage attacks buffed 100%

-melee champions have been removed from the game

-the meta will be as follows: 3 ranged dps, 1 tank, 1 adc. deviating from this will result in a permanent ban.

-garen has been nerfed due to similarities to paladins.

-all champion auras have been consolidated into one buff, bring the player not the class.

-item shop has been removed, instead you can find random weapons/items on the map to collect.

im probably not that far off

Good thing I quit LoL, the game has been going downhill for the past year (and keep in mind that I'm talking balancing/design-wise here, not that it's losing players. since it's not - yet), now with GC on board it will get even worse that much faster.

So many hate on the guy...... meanwhile Ghostcrawler and his family at home:

(Homer does kinda look like a Simpsons version of Ghostcrawler :P)

I've never played LoL before but I've always wanted to try it at some point, good to see GC is coming with me. I admit he was never the best guy on the job, but he surely doesn't deserve that much hate...

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Wow, everything about this comment is just wrong. No wonder he left, because of childish players like you with the most biased of opinions. Get your head out of your ass, and come to planet earth, where not everything is one track minded, and seasons change. It's nice here, we have cookies.
    if he left cause of childish players, why on earth would he go to riot games, and LoL of all things?

it's hands down the worst, most toxic community on the planet.