Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Why should I care about some "bigger picture" (that I'm not seeing, btw) if one of my favorite activities in the game is removed because of it? Btw, not sure if you knew this, but I play this game for my "personal fun". I assume most other people do, too. If I don't have "personal fun" in a game, I stop playing it.

And no, they're not removing flying to piss me off, they're removing it for reasons I don't know or care for. But the fact is, they are pissing me and thousands (likely millions) other players off in the meantime.
    you could at least try to understand where they're coming from and maybe even give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    I'm pretty sure ppl would complain the same if blizzard would remove Dungeon Finder. Which was a mistake they did admit. Whatever change comes ahead, there will always be complains.. always.

Yeah, it was such a great mistake that they went on and added a Raid-finder on top of the Dungeon Finder. Clearly the dungeon finder was a terrible mistake and failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    This is why we say your side is irrational and unwilling to compromise. You have to have the safest and fastest way to travel otherwise you'll bitch. It's people like you how make me wish that flying never returns in current content again.
    How do you figure?

BLIZZARD took out the compromises you're looking for, NOT THE PLAYERS.

Your issue reeks of not being able to gank people because they're flying, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotesbart View Post
    This thread's premise is trollbait.

They are not making the entire expansion a permenant no fly zone like the title implies.
    In the context of all the blue posts going around, it does. They're contradicting original statements.

No flying? Love it! Thank you Blizz!

This is why we say your side is irrational and unwilling to compromise. You have to have the safest and fastest way to travel otherwise you'll bitch. It's people like you how make me wish that flying never returns in current content again.

And you want to remove a 7 year old core feature of the game or else you'll bitch? See, I can do that too.

Compromise? Compromise is no flying till max level, or no flying till 6.1. No flying at all in Draenor is not a compromise.

This is a stupid idea.. I get we have flight paths etc and i get the fact that you don't fly till you hit 100 but think out the following scenarios..

- In raid and you don't have a warlock and the entrance to the raid is way way far away from the main city... Either you run a couple people outside every time you need to swap people or you have them sit outside an instance the entire time..

- How doing Dailies.. they say they are going to lessen the grind of doing dailies yet they take away the one feature that allows you to do them quickly

- How about farming materials for potions and flasks and other stuff... Is the price in the AH going to reflect the increased difficulty of obtaining them?

I am not necessarily against any of this but as a GM of a raiding guild i have to wonder how much more work i will have to put into herding people to the right spots and making more rules for players to play and how much time it will take to valor cap, do your dailies, and farm resources.. To me this just seems like it's going to be a lot more work..

I guess sell Garosh mount runs so you have enough gold you can buy everything for the next expansion or take a Warlock with you everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    you could at least try to understand where they're coming from and maybe even give it a chance.

Except I haven't seen a single reasonable argument yet for no flying at all in Draenor, in this entire thread. It all boils down to either PvP or trying to tell other people that flying is no fun, when these exact people are telling you that flying is some of the most fun they're having in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripwire View Post
    No flying? Love it! Thank you Blizz!
    Amen dude!!

Cant wait!

And you want to remove a 7 year old core feature of the game or else you'll bitch? See, I can do that too.

Compromise? Compromise is no flying till max level, or no flying till 6.1. No flying at all in Draenor is not a compromise.
    To be fair, it looks like "your side" is the one that's bitching. We who enjoy using our ground mounts aren't exactly crying and threatening to cancel our subs if flying mounts stay in the game.

Get with the program, dude.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    it's gameplay, aesthetics, and community are largely irrelevant to me. Remove that, and I have no reason to care.
    well then Ærion, you dont care about community? yet your playing an MMO....think you might be better off in skyrim, cya.
    you dont care about how the game LOOKS? go play animal crossing then,

your post makes it sound like you only play so you can fly in circles in the sky where their is NOTHING GOING ON UP THEIR

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I haven't seen a single reasonable argument yet for no flying at all in Draenor, in this entire thread. It all boils down to either PvP or trying to tell other people that flying is no fun, when these exact people are telling you that flying is some of the most fun they're having in this game.
    I haven't really seen unreasonable arguments either, I still don't understand being in favor of removing content because nobody has articulated the reasoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    How do you figure?

BLIZZARD took out the compromises you're looking for, NOT THE PLAYERS.

Your issue reeks of not being able to gank people because they're flying, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a healer. I can't really kill people to begin with. My issue is that there's no risk vs reward in flying. Everything else in this game is risk vs reward and flying doesn't follow that pattern. I want the world to be bigger. I want to see people in zones running around again and doing things be they farming, fighting, questing, conversing, etc.

"You're a ganker" is such a robotic response. I'm also against Queuecraft and I think natural groups and group quests should be encouraged and promoted more than LFD. I want a living world again in Warcraft and that's why I hate flying so much.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    To be fair, it looks like "your side" is the one that's bitching. We who enjoy using our ground mounts aren't exactly crying and threatening to cancel our subs if flying mounts stay in the game.

Get with the program, dude.
    They who want to ride around on ground mounts, but need the removal of flying mounts to do so, are actually telling everyone to unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Amen dude!!

Cant wait!
    right minded individuals right here

10+ Year Old Account

Compromise would be flying is slower than traveling on a ground mount or more dangerous via sky mobs that will hunt you down and knock you off your dragon. Then they could have flying from level 20 onward and I wouldn't care because people would have to think twice about hopping on that mount.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    THIS, 10 times THIS.

I get the reasoning for no flying in PVP, but there are better solutions(and IMO: more fun ones!) than just eliminating flying. We could add a lower maximum height at which you could fly, where you'd generate fatigue if you went too far up, giving players and opposite faction NPCs on the ground a chance to shoot you down. On the couple times I've been on PVP servers, there were plenty of druids, warlocks and priests who'd throw a few dots on you even while they were flying. Flying certainly didn't stop them from pvping, and while it might limit some classes, doesn't everything these days?

As for people saying "flying is no fun" well guess what? I don't think PVP is fun. So I don't play on a PVP server. Nobody is forcing you to fly. Hell, I ride my ground mounts around the world when I'm bored because it's FUN! If you don't like partaking in a certain part of the game, don't. Yeah, you might have to fly to a few quest locations in WoD, just as you had to in MoP, Cata, Wrath and BC, but is that really so much to ask? There were always alternatives if you didn't want to do those quests.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I'm a healer. I can't really kill people to begin with. My issue is that there's no risk vs reward in flying. Everything else in this game is risk vs reward and flying doesn't follow that pattern. I want the world to be bigger. I want to see people in zones running around again and doing things be they farming, fighting, questing, conversing, etc.

"You're a ganker" is such a robotic response. I'm also against Queuecraft and I think natural groups and group quests should be encouraged and promoted more than LFD. I want a living world again in Warcraft and that's why I hate flying so much.
    Perkunas i love you, you put this perfectly

Blizzard would have to make a bigger world for that, one that actually is attractive enough to make the player go out of the cities. Restricting our movement isn't the answer, a better developed world is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compromise would be flying is slower than traveling on a ground mount or more dangerous via sky mobs that will hunt you down and knock you off your dragon. Then they could have flying from level 20 onward and I wouldn't care because people would have to think twice about hopping on that mount.
    That's not compromise. That's making flying distinctly DISadvantageous to other forms of travel, pushing it so far into non-use that it might as well NOT be in the game. It's tantamount to removing it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    They who want to ride around on ground mounts, but need the removal of flying mounts to do so, are actually telling everyone to unsub.
    Judging from that post, it's pretty obvious that you've completely failed to understand the core behind this "no flying"-preference. I'll just go ahead and assume that you haven't read a single post in this thread, because I find it odd that someone who's invested in this particular topic has so little knowledge of what the other side is trying to convey.
    You die.
    You are dead.