Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    The gold system, like League of Legends, just encourages you to play the game. Watching through some alpha streams last night, some people were getting insane amounts of gold. I mean we're talking being able to buy a champion after a single game high amounts (which could just be an alpha thing). I really don't think playing a couple games without a neat looking champion is going to throw the balance of an entire game and make everyone lose for not owning said hero.
    Yeah, I played just two games (co-op mode - real team against bots) and I have 3k gold, enough to buy one of the cheap heroes. I'm saving up for Stitches, who is 10k gold, but I don't think it will take that long.

I mean, I'm sure if you want to get ALL the heroes, it will take forever -- if not be impossible depending on how fast they release them -- but since I plan to focus on just a few and only try the rest for giggles, I don't think it will be that bad. There's no reason I need to pay for 24/7 access to Tyrande when she's very low down on my list of characters I enjoy playing.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

People realize the game is free. Riiight?

Deleted
    You will be able to get it in open beta, like the golden legendary from HS, micotransaction games... no surprise

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems odd to me that different heroes have different costs. That's a bit odd, IMO. If all heroes are balanced and simply just fit niches in different ways, shouldn't they cost the same amount?

I honestly wouldn't mind every hero being like 10,000 gold/10 bucks but like 40-50% off during a week they are free, but Blizzard's game so they get to pick the model. If gold comes fairly quickly, I won't be spending much real money. I'll find 2-3 heroes per role I like the most and play those and just dump gold on heroes over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    It seems odd to me that different heroes have different costs. That's a bit odd, IMO. If all heroes are balanced and simply just fit niches in different ways, shouldn't they cost the same amount?

I honestly wouldn't mind every hero being like 10,000 gold/10 bucks but like 40-50% off during a week they are free, but Blizzard's game so they get to pick the model. If gold comes fairly quickly, I won't be spending much real money. I'll find 2-3 heroes per role I like the most and play those and just dump gold on heroes over time.
    I've never been sure why some champions/heroes are cheaper than others in LoL and such, maybe the cheap ones are easier to learn and the ones with a higher cost are harder and/or more interesting/unique?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I've never been sure why some champions/heroes are cheaper than others in LoL and such, maybe the cheap ones are easier to learn and the ones with a higher cost are harder and/or more interesting/unique?
    Age. The older a champion in LOL, the cheaper. So new champs cost the most and drop in price over time.

Deleted
    If the game wasn't F2P then I could agree. I think we are fortunate this game is F2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Anyone else felt sick to their stomach reading the new alpha notes?

Participating in the beta testing is not reason enough to receive a reward mount, but throwing money at you during beta is? blizzard is not the kind of company I'd expect to see such blatant and ugly greed from, you guys used to have some integrity, and now you're pulling down your pants and soiling yourself in public like every other large publisher? Way to sell out your good name for a quick buck.
    How so? You participate in beta of real money shop and get rewarded with mount. For me everything is OK, and they already did this shit in heartstone beta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Anyone else felt sick to their stomach reading the new alpha notes?

Participating in the beta testing is not reason enough to receive a reward mount, but throwing money at you during beta is? blizzard is not the kind of company I'd expect to see such blatant and ugly greed from, you guys used to have some integrity, and now you're pulling down your pants and soiling yourself in public like every other large publisher? Way to sell out your good name for a quick buck.

Blizard is exactly the kind of company I expect such blatant ugly greed from. They are massively focussed on maximising profits, and pushing their players as hard as possible to give them more money, even if its detrimental to the game experience.

Most people wouldn't spend money in a beta or alpha, thus, an incentive is required for actual testing.

Also, we aren't entitled to anything in a beta, or an invite to a beta, people forget that it is literally testing the game, sure its a big draw for advertising these days, but really you are in a beta to test things, fuck things up, report things.

I'd wager 80% of the people in the MoP beta didn't provide any feedback or bug reports.

Just the same as Hearthstone, what was the problem there? Oh you got a gold version of a card you can get for free? Gamebreaking. Oh you get a mount? Gamebreaking.

Blizzard would make FAR FAR FAR more money putting 10 store mounts on WoW than this, it's not a cash grab at all, they have far more profitable options close to hand, with minimal effort, people seem to miss the fact that some of those mounts have literally made millions.

How would this affect you in any way though...

To my knowledge every mount gives the same bonus...they all move the same speed...

What does it physically do to you?

Don't like it? Go get a job and throw 10$ at the game and buy a skin or a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Blizard is exactly the kind of company I expect such blatant ugly greed from. They are massively focussed on maximising profits, and pushing their players as hard as possible to give them more money, even if its detrimental to the game experience.
    !... Looks in the closet... and sees 2 dozen of game boxes I paid each 50 bucks for that I never played more than 5 hours...

After wading through Blizzard games with 500 days played in WoW (12500 hours), 900 hours in Diablo 3, 500 hours in Hearthstone ... I can think of many things, but not greed.

Hate the companies you buy games from that last 5 hours dude...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    !... Looks in the closet... and sees 2 dozen of game boxes I paid each 50 bucks for that I never played more than 5 hours...

After wading through Blizzard games with 500 days played in WoW (12500 hours), 900 hours in Diablo 3, 500 hours in Hearthstone ... I can think of many things, but not greed.

Hate the companies you buy games from that last 5 hours dude...

I dont hate bliz, but they money grabbing is getting silly lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Blizzard has grown so big that they have no other choice anymore, because money.

I wouldn't be surprised if they soon also release a FPS or beat-them-up game.

Maybe they'll buy an airline company too.
    Silly post.

1. Frank Pierce stated recently in a speech that Blizzard Entertainment as a company name was chosen because they ultimately wanted to be an Entertainment company. As such giving players all kinds of games and entertainment. He even mentioned Disney and the WoW movie is a perfect further expansion to this idea.

2. You may discuss all you want but ONE thing has been proven for 20 years already. Blizzard games are being played massively and their expire date is expressed in a decade instead of months as most other games.

3. If you can't stand the commercial success of a company it simply shows an immature attitude. Because success in our society is expressed in $$$ signs. No one is holding a gun to the head of these people buying Blizzard products. Just like Apple, just like Disney.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    DOTA 2 is a special case that other MOBAs shouldn't be held up to, as Valve get all their money from Steam anyway, so they can make DOTA 2 and Team Fortress 2 completely free for all they care.
    Works for HoN too.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Works for HoN too.
    Given that last I heard HoN was dying, I can't say it "worked" for them.