Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Garrisons. Possible paid option(s)?

They're focusing so much on their store now and with them adding something they once said they would never ponder about doing, paid 90's, there's really nothing stopping them from turning garrisons into yet another cash cow, cash sink. With them taking forever to release the type of resource that will be used for it I kinda fear that they will add an option to buy whatever resource is used to upgrade it and add paid upgrades and cosmetic stuff only available on the store.

I'm really excited about garrisons since they are farms on steroids. It will be a real bummer if they add yet another pay to win, pay to own while you pay to play option... More stuff added to the game that we can't obtain without paying more money in a game we pay monthly to play...
    Last edited by muffinss; 2014-03-23 at 10:30 PM.

theres nothing in the store that is pay to win. garrisons directly effect gameplay.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres nothing in the store that is pay to win. garrisons directly effect gameplay.
    Paid 90's are a great example. Pay for instant 90s to bypass a large part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    Paid 90's are a great example. Pay for instant 90s to bypass a large part of the game.
    oh dear god not this shit again.....

What does buying a 90 win you other then time?

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    Wouldn't paying to advance your Garrison faster only buy you "time"?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Oh look, another thinly-veiled whine about paid 90s. How original.

Its no different than buying gold. The whole reason to buy gold is to buy you time from farming. No different than paying for instant 90s for you can skip a large part of the content and just do end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm too late to beat the Blizzard apologists to this thread.

And yes. Garrisons will be a paid feature in some way. Mark my words. There's was far too much bitching about race-specific garrisons for that at least not to happen for cash.

Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread cannot live for long as yet another "90's are pay-to-win" thread. Stop derailing your own thread. If people want to discuss store options--attractive or otherwise--that could go along with garrisons that's fine. Bitching about 90's is not.

Regular voice: I suspect there might be some store options eventually if they decide to keep garrisons around after WoD. Personally I wouldn't even think about buying any of them unless I knew they were going into the next expansion with us. Class-based buildings, more opulent fountains and shrubbery (yes Monty Python fans, shrubbery) are things I might consider. But not until I know they'll carry forward.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-23 at 10:42 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt that Blizzard will place something in the Store related with Garrisons...

Only if they add Costume for your workers, or something like that.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.
    That could backfire.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Deleted
    Time is enough, isnt it? The whole genre is based on f*cking time.

Recruit a Friend, Scroll of Resurrection, - if the players whining so much felt as strongly as the noise coming out their mouths would indicate, then they should have left the game years ago.
    But they are still playing, and therefore hypocrites.
    Put your money where your mouth is, or shut up.

They aren't a great example of anything but the latest bandwagon for players on another crusade, but ones that never back up their words with real actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    No.

10char

Deleted
    Also, dont think they will make garrisons p2w, they will rather start selling tier gear to go with 90 boost. That would be in their style and since people are whining already that they cant beat LFR? Blizzard is watching.
    Last edited by mmoc1561bc551c; 2014-03-23 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing this behind a paywall too. Most likely in the form of "spend xx blizz-dollars to instantly complete this structure!" instead of having to wait a few days or do some arbitrary quests for it.

I don't think they'll put the formulas to learn new things behind the paywall, but the small things like I just mentioned are definitely a candidate. After all, garrisons probably won't have any huge impact on the way you raid nor pvp so they'll milk it where they can.

I could maybe see some cosmetic options show up in the store, but only if they decide to make them a permanent feature for future expansions. Nothing that gives you a significant gameplay advantage.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Well, I'm missing a signature so might aswell take this :P

OT: If they add Garrison stuff to the Store, it's ither in the form of cosmetics (race buildings or cosmetics for buidlings) or if they add boosts it at a late stage of the expansion that it's "irrelevant" in terms of progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it doesn't effect game play on max level, which is the important thing.