Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They've already stated that the "massive" info dump was going to be broken up and released in bits so they don't give players just a huge list of stuff to digest.
    What was all that business about "countdown in hours now"? Also, we haven't gotten any of it basically.

Deleted
    I feel like we're getting snippets of info CONSTANTLY from twitter. I've been following Watcher, Celestalon and Chris Robinson a bit more closely and Ive been fed info all the freaking time.

Twitter hasn't been as widely used as a direct line to developers in the past, so what we got then was fewer but larger drops of information every now and then.

Yeah, you won't be seeing big news on THIS site, but thats because most of the info is coming directly from Blizzard devs and leads on twitter.

I mean, most of the recent news listings here (MMO Champion) have been summaries of Twitter posts.

Well, in classic WoW where Public Test realm wasn't so popular every patch was something new, magic, a journey to the unknown. Maybe that's why they keep everything secret. Previous expansions got spoiled in many ways, either in betas or PTRs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    If blizzard can't get excited for 2 full years of nothing but orcs and reused characters then how can we >.<
    More orcs is exactly why I'm excited.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I don't know where this entitlement came from where people think Blizzard should just release huge news blogs just because it's a random Thursday or whatever. Major chunks of news comes from big press events, with little breadcrumbs in between. That's how the industry works.
    Maybe. Just MAYBE because they said that they'd release a huge blog post about everything (which they said they cancelled for ~reasons~).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really that strange though. They'd want more people purchasing diablo with the new expansion and all. And directing too much of potential wow/diablo playing costumers' attention towards a game that is not yet released and away from a released game would result in loss of profit.

When WoD is due for release, you'll notice a significant amount of attention drawn towards it and away from games such as diablo, hearthstone or HotS or whatever else.

Deleted
    Because they hardly have/getting anything done hence why we're waiting 9 months to play it.

Deleted
    The only thing we know for sure about WoD so far is...

- Launch between Sept. and Dec. 20
    - Not all new character models will be ready for laucnh and will be added later
    - No flying till next mayor patch
    - Horde can built their garrison in Frostfire Ridge , Alliance in Shadowmoon Valley

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering it's not in beta yet, I don't mind.

Besiddes, I love when Blizzard manages to keep things a little hidden ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We've gotten more information prior to a beta launch than we did with Mists by a fairly significant margin.

The "Screenshots of the Day" for Mists didn't start until days before the beta went live.

Considering the statements from Blizzard about a Fall release sometime before the technical end of Fall (12/21/2014), it's likely that the release window is somewhere between September 21st and December 20th. Considering how long the turn around for this expansion seems to be, contrary to old statements from Blizzard, I think we can expect a 6-7 month beta test, meaning that September is probably off the table, beta would start in April for an October release, or early May for a December launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    We are getting the Female Draenei reveal this week.
    This isn't really WOD news. It's just another Artcraft.

People want news about the state of the expansion itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    What was all that business about "countdown in hours now"? Also, we haven't gotten any of it basically.
    That was counting down to the first blog post- a portion of the total information. So far, we've gotten 2 blogs that talk about information contained in that write up, as well as a Twitter Q&A about what abilities are changing or being cut, as well as updates to racials.

That's really not "haven't gotten [anything]."

10+ Year Old Account
    We got literally nothing from Blizzcon Mist reveal to > March Beta/Press Tour. Literally Nothing, at all. For like 5 months. We've gotten more then the past, period, it doesn't matter at all if you choose to ignore it, we've gotten more ''plans'' and ''previews'' prior to the start of beta then ever before, or atleast before Mist. So unless you simply are looking to ignore everything or simply just want to know everything before it even on public, you can't deny it at all.

(Small and simple example: Hunters are tameing Hydras!) Something as small as this wasn't known atleast until the Beta was out, atleast for the past expac, because there was no one on twitter other then GC.
    Some of you are simply choosing what you want to see.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-03-31 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    This isn't really WOD news. It's just another Artcraft.

People want news about the state of the expansion itself.
    I believe that the state of the new character models - which were advertised directly as a feature of the upcoming expansion - are indeed part of the "state of the expansion". Just because it's not the news you want doesn't mean it's not news, and it certainly doesn't mean Blizzard isn't communicating with the players be it by Twitter, blogs or other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing i don't uderstand is do they really need as much resources just for new models?
    I mean seriously it's just a disigner stuff, there are thousands decent designers in the world who could be used as outsource designers for little money just to let the core team concentrate on Real stuff like designing raids,quests, lore and class balance. Of course is they really want the expansion to come soon enough.
    That said - i don't understand what they're thinking anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    I mean seriously it's just a disigner stuff, there are thousands decent designers in the world who could be used as outsource designers for little money just to let the core team concentrate on Real stuff like designing raids,quests, lore and class balance.
    They have a dedicated art team who works exclusively on art and has no other job. They don't design raids, quests, lore, classes, abilities, mechanics of any kind or even general ideas of settings. They only get the call "make this art" and then they make that art.

Now, why it takes an entire team well over a year to make 20 models based on pre-existing models is the subject of an internal query on "so are they clocking in and going to lunch for six hours a day?" and not really something we, as fans on the outside, have any way of figuring out.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    They're just not ready to show us yet. There's a lot of change coming with wod. I think they want to have everything feeling good before they give the general public access to it. The first impression of this expansion Is going to be very important. Probably more important than any other expansion because of all the controversial changes being made.

When you have artists in control and taking forever so they can "get it right" you'll have nothing. The whole expansion is basically built around the new models non sense as the main feature. So what exactly would there be to talk about?

I don't know maybe just adding or changing models blows the engine up, or lags the 10 yr. old game out more or looks blockie or something but that's not something they'd put out there. So stay tuned for more "artcraft" lol and keep waiting for the same tired game play.

This game is finished and i'm happy about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Follow the http://wowhead.com/bluetweets. Blizzard is also making major gameplay changes to both PVE and PVP. They could release it all now and give MMO-champ 100+ pages of threads crying about it. Or they could wait until the changes are final and not being modified every day before they announce it.

Plus, we'll have an overwhelming amount of info once beta goes live and Boub is datamining it to death.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2014-03-31 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has been saying 'fall' for weeks now. What is there to think? It's going to be fall.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."