Just want to say how much toxicity is in a discussion such as this. It's very telling indeed of the types of people Blizz is catering to with such a decision. Can't believe something as simple as this has to be made into such a song and dance about the logistics of it.

If you paid for the privilege and earned the mounts to be able to do so, then you should be able to have that right. PERIOD! If I do a meta achievement that takes me at least a year in which the reward is a Violet Proto Drake like the "What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been" achievement requires and gives you, then they sure as hell better give me that right. I spent a full year if not more trying to get it, and fuck it all, I think I've earned that right to not only get it, but to farm the gold necessary to buy the necessary flight licenses to give me that option. Now you tell me that it might be all for naught in the new continent, and you're open to the idea of taking something completely away after I worked so hard to get the mounts and the gold to be able to use them? To put it simply, fuck that shit!

Call it for what it is: pandering to a certain niche part of the WoW demographic who need to be careful about what they wish for.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

If you paid for the privilege and earned the mounts to be able to do so, then you should be able to have that right. PERIOD!
    And you have the right to use them for all the older content and content up through to the end of mop. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    And you have the right to use them for all the older content and content up through to the end of mop. Period.
    And I should be able to use them once I hit max level in the new content. PERIOD!

They had the perfect model there. Why did they feel the need to change it? And why was it such a big problem for you if they did? What make you able to dictate how others play the game? What gives you that right?
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but that sounds dangerously alike to "only the cool kids are allowed to play where we play", if you know what I mean. Not every player plays the way you do.

No flying? Best move blizzard has ever made. Resubbing to support them up to the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    What make you able to dictate how others play the game? What gives you that right?
    Because its an MMO, not a single player game. How other people play the game is everyones business, and thus they have the right to comment on it. If you are playing a single player game, like skyrim, nobody cares what you do or how you do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its an MMO, not a single player game. How other people play the game is everyones business, and thus they have the right to comment on it. If you are playing a single player game, like skyrim, nobody cares what you do or how you do it.
    Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and they all stink.

The problem is, some people think their opinion doesn't stink.

You're welcome to comment on my activities in-game, but as long as they aren't exploitative and simply utilize the tools Blizzard gave me to play the game, I don't see how flying is any greater evil than linked auction houses.(remember the good old days when they weren't!? Raise your hand if you want that back!)
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

And how does flight add to "affecting how you play"? How does it affect you in any sort of way to questing or fighting any mobs? Please inform me how that's just as bad or worse than, say, a bunch of wannabe PvPers constantly killing quest givers in a zone or corpse camping you? Please explain this to me, because I'm having a difficult time understanding this thought process you have!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and they all stink.

The problem is, some people think their opinion doesn't stink.

You're welcome to comment on my activities in-game, but as long as they aren't exploitative and simply utilize the tools Blizzard gave me to play the game, I don't see how flying is any greater evil than linked auction houses.(remember the good old days when they weren't!? Raise your hand if you want that back!)
    This! So much this!

And plus, it wasn't like they disallowed HIS ability to use the exact same tools. They gave flight to EVERYONE that paid the gold and got the mounts. Starting to think that they just couldn't acquire the gold and/or weren't skilled enough to get the cooler drakes, so "if we can't get them, we don't want ANYONE to be able to use their own in the relevant content".

No flying ,GREAT Am not much of vanilla fan but most people complaining about not flying are kids of tbc and everything after.Pure laziness try walk everywhere for 40 levels and then next 20 raid on 60% mount and never complained .
    I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. ... You hear that, Ed? BEARS! Now you are putting the whole station in jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    And how does flight add to "affecting how you play"? How does it affect you in any sort of way to questing or fighting any mobs? Please inform me how that's just as bad or worse than, say, a bunch of wannabe PvPers constantly killing quest givers in a zone or corpse camping you? Please explain this to me, because I'm having a difficult time understanding this thought process you have!

- - - Updated - - -

This! So much this!

And plus, it wasn't like they disallowed HIS ability to use the exact same tools. They gave flight to EVERYONE that paid the gold and got the mounts. Starting to think that they just couldn't acquire the gold and/or weren't skilled enough to get the cooler drakes, so "if we can't get them, we don't want ANYONE to be able to use their own in the relevant content".
    This is how it affects people. Instead of flying I will use the newest best tier set as an example. So you can either buy all of the tier set at once at a vendor for gold, or you can do a raid over and over again and slowly get the full set. You play to raid, but really, how popular is that raid going to be when people can just skip it and get all they need from vendor instead? How are you going to keep up with the rest of the players if all of them chose to just buy it and they'll have it faster than you? Would you be fine with this because you could still do the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We don't know. We don't purport to have definitive answers for anything, especially before we've even begun external testing.
    They aren't sticking to the 6.1 thing anymore. Who knows at this point.
    They asked when, which may just be referring to the date/patch number when they reintroduce it. The real question to ask them is do they still intend to reactivate flying in WoD.

In any case, all he said is IT'S ALPHA. Which it is.

You're all just extrapolating what you want to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    That was pretty badass.

an experience you will not and cannot duplicate from the ground or from a auto piloted mount.
    I had that exact same experience on the boat entering Howling Fjord. And again on an autopiloted aircraft in the same zone. And even way back in TBC, on the FP that took me across Hellfire to the faction base for the first time.

In fact riding through Zangarmarsh for the first time felt more amazing than it ever did from the air. Like many zones, it's designed to be seen from the ground.

So I call bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And how does flight add to "affecting how you play"?
    You would have to be absolutely clueless to say this and genuinely not be able to answer it yourself.

Mjau nicely provided an example suitable enough to embarass you into submission, thankyou mjau.

you can still fly in the old zones...just not in the new expansion zones...dont want be ganked? play on a PVE server that is why they made pve/rp/pvp realms..

Quote Originally Posted by Ironshadow View Post
    you can still fly in the old zones...just not in the new expansion zones...dont want be ganked? play on a PVE server that is why they made pve/rp/pvp realms..
    I never enjoyed flying mounts for the simple reason they made world pvp impotent. To be honest, it was tough to go from Chillwind Point PvP to less and less throughout TBC and WotLK. Then to none in Cata.

As flying may be removed in the next xpac, I know people to whom this may be a positive change. Although I can definitely see where peeps may be upset. I would just suggest to them that non-flying is very satisfying. Yes harder, and possibly more tedious, but that doesn't mean it's bad. In fact it can be satisfying gameplay.

I love how they're even proudly saying "oh yeah, we won't make the flight paths visually appealing anymore". So now there will be NO way at all to enjoy looking at Draenor from above. Fucking ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaughterJones View Post
    I never enjoyed flying mounts for the simple reason they made world pvp impotent. To be honest, it was tough to go from Chillwind Point PvP to less and less throughout TBC and WotLK. Then to none in Cata.

As flying may be removed in the next xpac, I know people to whom this may be a positive change. Although I can definitely see where peeps may be upset. I would just suggest to them that non-flying is very satisfying. Yes harder, and possibly more tedious, but that doesn't mean it's bad. In fact it can be satisfying gameplay.
    How about flying is only removed on PVP servers?

"World PVP" is a weak argument when less than half of all players even play on PVP servers, yet "no flying" is supposed to affect everyone.

Question to the no-flying-crowd:

Did you leave SW/ ORG more, travel out in the world and explore more, when city portals and "have guild, will travel" were removed?
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-04-26 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They asked when, which may just be referring to the date/patch number when they reintroduce it. The real question to ask them is do they still intend to reactivate flying in WoD.

In any case, all he said is IT'S ALPHA. Which it is.

You're all just extrapolating what you want to hear.
    Before they had a set time when flying will be back in. They said it will be back in 6.1 and will probably involve an epic quest. NOW they claim they don't know when it will be in. They are clear with their intent to remove flying from WoD. Why else would they defend that stance with that post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    How about flying is only removed on PVP servers?

"World PVP" is a weak argument when less than half of all players even play on PVP servers, yet "no flying" is supposed to affect everyone.

Question to the no-flying-crowd:

Did you leave SW/ ORG more, travel out in the world and explore more, when city portals and "have guild, will travel" were removed?
    To answer your first ?, the reduced world pvp gameplay is only part of it for me. Community investment is down since the advantage of pop-in and pop-out flying. I could provide anecdotal evidence, but that would be superfluous. I'll just say, as a groundie, you are almost forced to assist others in your current sphere. Events mean much more to you when you are at 100% rather than 310%.

Second question - I was one of those who liked to explore the maps and find the places that were behind the 'official' walls haha. Frequently I'd die but it was fun. Discovering the troll party village up in north felwood was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Anyone who likes mmo's won't mind this change.

The entitled crowd will always continue to kick and scream to get what they want. They have been given thousands of reasons why and now have a blue post explaining as well. Their just choosing to ignore the obvious point. I hope, and I repeat hope these people quit. The challenge and exploration was what made the game great.
    Tabbing out to Thottbot did not make the game great. You are delusional.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Tabbing out to Thottbot did not make the game great. You are delusional.
    Offtopic but Thottbot! I had completely forgotten about Thottbot! What was the other one? allakhazam?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Before they had a set time when flying will be back in. They said it will be back in 6.1 and will probably involve an epic quest. NOW they claim they don't know when it will be in. They are clear with their intent to remove flying from WoD. Why else would they defend that stance with that post?
    I'm starting to think Blizz is keeping this argument going by not giving any solid info, just so people keep talking about something to do with WoD until it comes out. Cuz it's coming guys!!1!