Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Came back to work on WoD, and is leaving before the expansion's even out. WoD looking so shitty is beginning to make sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    Tell that to John Carmack, Cliff Blezinsky, Roy Muzyka, Greg Zeschuck,Hironobu Sakaguchi,Keiji Inafune,,Shinji Mikami, and Hideki Kamiya. all industry veterans who walked away from thier long standing and famous development studios in order to pursue different ideas and oppurtunities than the studios they worked in were providing them.
    So a hand full of people, in a sea of millions sets a standard? Rob Pardo isn't famous outside of Blizzard. Isn't even known to the people he served. All these people you listed said, they left unhappy. You don't leave a company like Blizzard after 17 years, it rarely happens and to claim otherwise is a joke.

Time will tell why Pardo left, but I don't think he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And the people hoping for WoW and Blizzard to crash and burn have put on their tinfoil hats I see. ^^

Didn't even know who this dude was until just now myself...

- - - Updated - - -

And you know this...how?
    Because he straight-up says he has no idea what he's doing next. If he was going to another job, it'd already be news somewhere and it's not. Just like it was known pretty quick that GC was going to Riot Games after he left Blizzard.

That's not the case this time. So, it stinks of 'forcible removal' instead of GC's quitting and jumping ship.

Lot of mad people in here, yall need to calm down. Just cause he was fired doesn't mean you can't still send him love letters on twitter.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Came back to work on WoD, and is leaving before the expansion's even out. WoD looking so shitty is beginning to make sense now.
    I can tell you're not in the beta, it's straight up amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    What do you call it when someone unexpectedly isn't employed anymore and doesn't have a back up plan? I call it 'being fired' since you don't quit a job of 17 years and you're at the top.

Dude got shit-canned and I would suggest that it's because of how terrible the game has done over the last few years. I expect to see more heads rolling before it's all said and done.
    Or he got tired of the job after almost two decades and isn't sure what he wants to do now. It's possible he already has another job lined up but doesn't want to broadcast it. I wouldn't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I can tell you're not in the beta, it's straight up amazing.
    From a lore point of view, WoD is a trainwreck; not to mention various other reservations that I have. I'm sure in terms of OOC features, such as dungeon/raid fights and other such technicalities, it's doing fine. Lore is the deal-breaker for me, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was straight up fired. He's not leaving for another job.
    No it's not. Stop making shit up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    I quit my job at a studio because of stress and disagreements with management. I've taken a break from the industry until I deem myself capable to get back into it without causing myself more unneeded stress. It's a thing. People do this without being fired.
    But you left unhappy, and was probably a mutual departure, I'm sure. It's a kin to getting fired without the paperwork write-up. All you did for them was save HR paperwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    So a hand full of people, in a sea of millions sets a standard? Rob Pardo isn't famous outside of Blizzard. Isn't even known to the people he served. All these people you listed said, they left unhappy. You don't leave a company like Blizzard after 17 years, it rarely happens and to claim otherwise is a joke.

Time will tell why Pardo left, but I don't think he did.
    Rob Pardo's name is damn big in the business. If you don't think so, that doesn't really matter.

If he wanted to leave, he could, and he's guaranteed work if he chooses to pursue it.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What exactly did he do at Blizzard?
    Rob Pardo (born June 9, 1970) was the Chief Creative Officer at Blizzard Entertainment[1], resigning on July 3, 2014[2]. Previously he was the Executive Vice President of Game Design at Blizzard Entertainment, and prior to that the lead designer of World of Warcraft. In 2006, he was named by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.[3]

Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    Or he got tired of the job after almost two decades and isn't sure what he wants to do now. It's possible he already has another job lined up but doesn't want to broadcast it. I wouldn't blame him.
    You don't quit a job of 17 years without having a back-up, and he doesn't have a back-up. He got shit-canned. Come to terms.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Well it sounds like he does have something lined up. It might be that Blizzard asked him nicely to give some time before announcing his new job as not to draw too much attention to the company (especially if it is another game company). He might have left as the other company wanted him enough to offer a really good package.

What do you call it when someone unexpectedly isn't employed anymore and doesn't have a back up plan? I call it 'being fired' since you don't quit a job of 17 years and you're at the top.

Dude got shit-canned and I would suggest that it's because of how terrible the game has done over the last few years. I expect to see more heads rolling before it's all said and done.
    I agree with you. Seems very odd to just up and quit such a high ranking and presumably high paying, job at the drop of a hat with no future plans lined up. I think people at Blizzard are finally going to be held responsible for their positions and the declining state WoW has been in since the year long drought at the end of WotLK.

Frankly, I'm fine with that because it will make those that don't get fired actually care and start to be creative and innovative again instead of the same boring stagnation we've seen for years now. This is the second big name down, Ghostcrawler being the first, and I hope to see a few more too unless things change.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't quit a job of 17 years without having a back-up, and he doesn't have a back-up. He got shit-canned. Come to terms.
    That's patently not true. Stop spouting it as fact.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Because he straight-up says he has no idea what he's doing next. If he was going to another job, it'd already be news somewhere and it's not. Just like it was known pretty quick that GC was going to Riot Games after he left Blizzard.

That's not the case this time. So, it stinks of 'forcible removal' instead of GC's quitting and jumping ship.

Lot of mad people in here, yall need to calm down. Just cause he was fired doesn't mean you can't still send him love letters on twitter.
    The only mad person here would be you, you have a hard on for the thought of a Blizzard employee being fired it would seem.

No proof to present your point = you're just as likely to be making shit up. Get over yourself. I don't give a shit about who this dude is, I just dislike people such as yourself making shit up because you WANT it to be true.

Deleted
    Ship is sinkink or naaaaaaaaaaaaah !!??

I applaud you Rob for everything you've done in the industry and for Blizzard. You helped make the best iterations of WoW ever to be created and I wholeheartedly agree with your stances on not giving in to minority groups trying to gain footholds in meaningless endeavors. You're company, your game. Hope that never changes.

A game with 7 million subs is failing? Lol ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    This is the article people are upset about: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/574...zzard-nintendo

And you know he's the lead creative designer of Blizzard. So bigotry is hardly unexpected given the state of female characters in their games.
    That's not bigotry...

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    But you left unhappy, and was probably a mutual departure, I'm sure. It's a kin to getting fired without the paperwork write-up. All you did for them was save HR paperwork.
    Not particularly. They kept asking me to stay even when I turned in a resignation letter. It was a really small studio and I was the only artist, so losing me would have sucked. I still made my decision, however.