Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think a Mana Bar would be very useful. Mana is usually reserved for a Hybrid class like Shamans or Paladins. I think it would need something to fit a more fast-paced action style. Energy could be a fit, but it could be something different. TBH I wouldn't even mind a new Runic system that used different types of Runes just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I don't think a Mana Bar would be very useful. Mana is usually reserved for a Hybrid class like Shamans or Paladins. I think it would need something to fit a more fast-paced action style. Energy could be a fit, but it could be something different. TBH I wouldn't even mind a new Runic system that used different types of Runes just for kicks.
    Energy, unfortunately, cannot fit the 'fast-paced action style' anymore, according to these tweets right here. Which is why I suggested Mana in the first place. And I think mana fits because we're talking about spells to be cast, which wouldn't work well with energy.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2014-07-30 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Energy, unfortunately, cannot fit the 'fast-paced action style' anymore, according to these tweets right here. Which is why I suggested Mana in the first place. And I think mana fits because we're talking about spells to be cast, which wouldn't work well with energy.
    Monks also cast spells using their energy. All classes which use Energy should have enough haste to not run out of energy. Thats the point. The maximum Fel Energy(which i suggested) is 150/200 if the Demon Hunter takes the first talent lv 81. For example if the demon hunter wants to finish off his target he must use Doom Strike which costs 90 Fel Energy and he will run out of energy. So if the DH wants to deal high damage must spend more energy. If the Demon Hunter wants to deal constant damage its fine because the energy bar will be filled in a short amount of time.

Doom Strike: Strike the target for 200% w-dmg and another 600% w-dmg as Shadow over 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I agree. Mana is used by Hybrids/Spellcasters.
    Last edited by Arberian; 2014-07-30 at 01:45 PM.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    often said here that ther wont be a new class in wod...

deamon hunter is d3 stuff... no nee for that in wow... my opinion.
    +1 for reading comprehension.

First Point: The OP did not say for WoD, but for a 'last' Burning Legion Expansion.

Second Point: Demon Hunters have been in the Warcraft Universe for quite some time. Much longer than the Demon Hunter in Diablo III.

10+ Year Old Account

Demon Hunter is probably the next class

Everyone has his/her own doubts but the facts suggest that the Demon Hunters may be the next class( I am 70% sure).
    First fact: The Demon Hunter cannot be incorporated into the Warlocks because it is against The Warlock class theme and it is against the Demon Hunter class theme. It is also against lore. Demon Hunters and warlocks may use Demonic magic but this doesnt mean that they share the same theme.
    #1 Demon Hunters are not Warlocks and do not share the same theme and here is the proof:
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle.net
    In the face of demonic power, most heroes see death. Warlocks see only opportunity. Dominance is their aim, and they have found a path to it in the dark arts. These voracious spellcasters summon demonic minions to fight beside them. At first, they command only the service of imps, but as a warlock’s knowledge grows, seductive succubi, loyal voidwalkers, and horrific felhunters join the dark sorcerer’s ranks to wreak havoc on anyone who stands in their master’s way. Source: WoW Class Descriptions

Class classified as Ranged Magic Damage Dealer
    (The Warlock isnt designed to deal melee damage)
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle.net
    Demon Hunters are dark, shadowy warriors who are shunned by the greater Night Elf society. They made a pact, long ago, to fight against the forces of chaos using its own terrible powers against it. These mysterious warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity. They wield demonically charged warblades in battle and even call upon demonic energies to augment their formidable combat skills. Although they are counted as some of the mightiest warriors within the Night Elves' society, the Demon Hunters are always maligned and misunderstood for making their selfless pact with darkness.Source: War3 Class Descriptions

Class clasified as Melee Damage Dealer
    This completely separates the Demon Hunter concept from the Warlock concept. The use of the same magic doesnt mean that these classes are the same. Now that the facts show that the Demon Hunter cannot be a spec of the Warlocks lets have a look at the changes made by Blizzard.

#2Blizzard releases Mists of Pandaria and decides to give the Warlocks The Glyph named Demon Hunting which certainly doesnt mean that the Warlocks are Demon Hunters.
    The new spells granted by the Glyph: Fury Ward, Demonic Slash, Sleep and Provocation.

But then Blizzard Developers decided to remove this famous glyph of Warlock tanking. They also removed some spells like Carrion Swarm , Fel Flame and Void Ray. That made me think about something: Why would Blizzard give the Warlocks some spells and a glyph which changed the gameplay of the Warlocks and then take them back. I believe it was to test if the Demon Hunter tanking would be possible or not because the DPSing is 100% possible.
    On The other side it is against Warlock concept to give Warlocks a tanking glyph because it is listed as a Ranged Magic Damage Dealer on the WoW Class Descriptions so there is no other way to explain this.

#3 Ability Pruning:
    Finally Blizzard is trying to achieve the perfect Balance removing useless spells from some classes. That gives design and balance space to the Demon Hunters. I really like the ability pruning because i hate having too many keys to press.

#4 Community:
    A high number of players love the Demon Hunter class. They like The Fel Runes, they like the martial combat which Demon Hunters use, they like the way they dodge attacks and above all they want new mechanics and a new gameplay style.

Dont expect Blizzard to show their plans when they decide to CREATE A NEW CLASS. By the way : I believe that the Demon Hunters will be implemented on the expansion that will come out after WoD.

Thank you for reading this !! Dont write: YOU ARE WELCOME... Please (More facts coming soon... this thread will be updated weekly.

---In addition---

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Posting before the shitstorm moves over here:

No, Demon Hunters bring nothing unique to the game and is probably not the next class.

1) Overlap with Warlocks - Contrary to what you think, "Ranged Magic Damage Dealer" and "Melee Damage Dealer" are not polar opposites; They're quite similar. Especially when one is a "Ranged Demonic Magic Damage Dealer" and the other is a "Melee Demonic Magic Damage Dealer."

Hand Warlocks a melee spec, and what do you get?

2) Glyph of Demon Hunting - You're right in that it's going away with WoD. However, in MoP it was also confirmed that Warlocks learned their Metamorphosis form from the alpha-Demon Hunter, Illidan. Metamorphosis is still a Demonology Warlock spell, and that is not changing anytime soon as it's so heavily built into the spec that removing it would quite literally break the spec.

Warlocks learned a spell from the alpha-Demon Hunter, proving the above point that Demon Hunters and Warlocks share a significant magic theme.

3) Ability Pruning? Really? - This doesn't help your argument at all. The Ability Pruning does not in any way, shape, or form remove the design space that Warlocks fill that overlaps with the Demon Hunter design space.

4) Popularity does not introduce classes - Demon Hunter has been the MOST popular class idea since BC WoW, yet we still do not see it in game. Less popular ideas, such as Death Knight and Monk were introduced first. Why would popularity in any way, shape, or form decide the next new class?

In other words: All of your points are moot. You have no leg to stand on. And I will be leaving this thread before it devolves into another argument.
    Time for me to explain:
    Answer #1: Overlap: Not that much because many Warlock Spells are going away. Metamorphosis: not necessary/ To complete the concept the Demon Hunters need Mana Burn and Immolating Barrier(Note that the immolate used by the warlocks is totally different from the Immolate used by the Demon Hunters).Furthermore The Demon Hunters are a kind of Demonic Warrior so they need some damn Demonic stances who partially transform their bodies and cover them with Fel runes.
    Beyond that there is a limitless space of design because we play a character based on theme . They got different theme proof #1 my first post.

If we give a warlock a melee spec we go against the class concept of Blizzard.

Answer #2: Glyph of Demon Hunting was against the Warlock concept but still Blizzard decided to put it there. Now its gone and the overlap is reduced. And yea its true that the Warlocks learned Meta from The Alpha-Demon Hunter who is Illidan, but there are other spells which they didnt learn from him. Shadowprison for example, Dark Barrage, Aura of Dread ---> which lead to more design space for the Demon Hunters. Dont forget spells which are used by other Demon Hunters like Debilitating Strike for example. All these spells are Demon Hunter spells which can expand the Demon Hunter design space.

Answer #3: Yes it helps because reduces overlap.

Answer #4:If a class has high popularity that means that a large number of players will play it.

Thank you for reading this.

Mod-note: Merged your threads. Please either see a thread through or request one locked. You already had a thread going, it is already difficult to keep clean from too many of the same class discussion threads. Now both your threads are merged to keep you on track.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-30 at 05:46 PM.
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Inb4 Teriz "Hurr durr Warlocks". But yes, I agree and it's quite obvious. We're not prepared!

Oh good. This happened. Again.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2014-07-30 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    It is possible.
    Shadow Priest =/= Warlock
    Holy Priest =/= Paladin
    Warlock =/= Demon Hunter

Need another bow user seriously not melee

I doubt Demon Hunter will arrive after WoD (willing to be proved wrong however), but they do have a bit more going for them than any other class concepts I think. Also inb4 Teriz and Tinkers as well.

Deleted
    But if they're blind, how are they going to fight Dragonkin, Humanoids and so on? Can't only be fighting Undead and Demons...

Deleted
    I think some people want to play Demon Hunter so much, that they try to convince themselves that it'll be the next class. What makes people think there will even be another class? And even if there will be another class, why Demon Hunters? It seems to me like Demon Hunter would be much better as a fourth Warlock spec for the simple fact that I can't imagine which three specs Demon Hunters would have, were they a seperate class.

Anyway, I'm not saying it'll never happen, but this seems like yet another "BLIZZ PLS GEIF DAEMON HUNTAR" thread.

Anything ranged will be good for me! Not another Melee!

Deleted
    Will come when we get a legion xpac since classes are introduced based on theme (so far).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont' see why they would implement another melee class before a second ranged weapon user.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    But if they're blind, how are they going to fight Dragonkin, Humanoids and so on? Can't only be fighting Undead and Demons...
    I think they can see Humanoids , Dragonkins etc. but in another way. Then how did Illidan fight against us in The Black Temple if he wouldnt see us? There are a lot of mysteries hidden behind the spectral sight.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

I actually like the idea of the Demon hunter, but its hard to say as we dont know what the next exp will be about, and yes i know we see some legion stuff in WoD but that doesnt mean a Legion exp next. Having Demon Hunters will they be using leather , mail? as far as i know we're missing a mail user yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    I actually like the idea of the Demon hunter, but its hard to say as we dont know what the next exp will be about, and yes i know we see some legion stuff in WoD but that doesnt mean a Legion exp next. Having Demon Hunters will they be using leather , mail? as far as i know we're missing a mail user yeah?
    Mail armor isnt necessary . Balancing classes is necessary. To do this you dont need a mail class, but some active abilities and some passive abilities .
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    Everyone has his/her own doubts but the facts suggest that the Demon Hunters may be the next class( I am 70% sure).
    First fact: The Demon Hunter cannot be incorporated into the Warlocks because it is against The Warlock class theme and it is against the Demon Hunter class theme. It is also against lore. Demon Hunters and warlocks may use Demonic magic but this doesnt mean that they share the same theme.
    #1 Demon Hunters are not Warlocks and do not share the same theme and here is the proof:

(The Warlock isnt designed to deal melee damage)

This completely separates the Demon Hunter concept from the Warlock concept. The use of the same magic doesnt mean that these classes are the same. Now that the facts show that the Demon Hunter cannot be a spec of the Warlocks lets have a look at the changes made by Blizzard.

#2Blizzard releases Mists of Pandaria and decides to give the Warlocks The Glyph named Demon Hunting which certainly doesnt mean that the Warlocks are Demon Hunters.
    The new spells granted by the Glyph: Fury Ward, Demonic Slash, Sleep and Provocation.

But then Blizzard Developers decided to remove this famous glyph of Warlock tanking. They also removed some spells like Carrion Swarm , Fel Flame and Void Ray. That made me think about something: Why would Blizzard give the Warlocks some spells and a glyph which changed the gameplay of the Warlocks and then take them back. I believe it was to test if the Demon Hunter tanking would be possible or not because the DPSing is 100% possible.
    On The other side it is against Warlock concept to give Warlocks a tanking glyph because it is listed as a Ranged Magic Damage Dealer on the WoW Class Descriptions so there is no other way to explain this.

#3 Ability Pruning:
    Finally Blizzard is trying to achieve the perfect Balance removing useless spells from some classes. That gives design and balance space to the Demon Hunters. I really like the ability pruning because i hate having too many keys to press.

#4 Community:
    A high number of players love the Demon Hunter class. They like The Fel Runes, they like the martial combat which Demon Hunters use, they like the way they dodge attacks and above all they want new mechanics and a new gameplay style.

Dont expect Blizzard to show their plans when they decide to CREATE A NEW CLASS. By the way : I believe that the Demon Hunters will be implemented on the expansion that will come out after WoD.

Thank you for reading this !! Dont write: YOU ARE WELCOME... Please (More facts coming soon... this thread will be updated weekly.
    I'll write to you then why make such a thread...2 of those even there are a dozen more of these threads.

the next class will be amazon/dryad