Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Might be that people just suck at managing their personal finances and don't even remember Blizzard is still taking money from their accounts for game they stopped playing long ago.
    Credit Cards expire every 2-3 years so eventually these people would be eliminated. My lunch cost me $10.56. It's more of a pain to cancel and re-sub for me than to worry about $15 a month.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Mainly what I do at the end of every expansion - acheivements for legacy content I missed, mount farming, levelling more alts to 90, pet battling (new ofc).

I can easily justify £8 per month even if I only play 10 hours. I probably play close to 20 per week.

Deleted
    Seems lots jumped into defence mode, but there was never no attack!
    This may for the first time since the fourth week in vanilla, I stopped my two active accounts! to put it quite simply....I ran out of steam, the fire went out.
    I do not ridicule any one for playing any game they enjoy!
    Was I shocked that wow only lost 800k ? yes I was, but my main question was and still is valid.

What keeps your fires burning.

Got 10 max level characters, guess I'll work on another one?

I'm also surprised that subscriptions have kept up so well and would have expected a bigger drop. I was already burnt out (from raiding) in february, can't imagine how I'd be able to continue playing SoO for another 6+ months. I hardly do any PvP, have 200+ mounts, plenty of gold, lots of pets and a server filled with level 90s. In previous expansions I had a lot more personal goals to complete to keep my busy till the next expansion. Pandaria is also the first time I was in a steady guild the moment the last tier came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    im playing the damn game. contrary to popular belief.....there are things to do in WoW other than raid.
    This person speaks the truth. There is definitely stuff to do other than raiding.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Credit Cards expire every 2-3 years so eventually these people would be eliminated. My lunch cost me $10.56. It's more of a pain to cancel and re-sub for me than to worry about $15 a month.
    They do also have a thing called a Game Card, which I do. I have not been on a sub for a good while now, there is not point. I just either buy a 90 or 180 day cards when I have more cash to do so. This how I have chose to play game now because it actually save me more money now because I play for however long I wish too and then stop if chose when the time runs out.

- Getting alts to level 85. Don't have the (mental) energy to get them to 90 now, but I'll storm them through Pandaria when the xp reduction kicks in.
    - Doing random bg's on main and alts. At 90 people have about the same ilvl now, so (amount of CC aside) it's pretty balanced and fun.
    - Doing old raid content with 1-2 friends to collect transmog gear. Actually, transmog gear has been my main occupation this expansion.

Edit: You know... fooling around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    This person speaks the truth. There is definitely stuff to do other than raiding.
    I hear you man. People keep talking about a lack of things to do. That's just crazy. We now have 4 valor upgrades, which is so new and so fun.
    /sarcasm

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Might be that people just suck at managing their personal finances and don't even remember Blizzard is still taking money from their accounts for game they stopped playing long ago.
    I don't know, one would have to be completely brain dead to keep missing $15 a month, but then there are plenty of people in the last 6 years that got caught living beyond their means and are still reeling from those effects. It not so much the managing their personal finances that is the problem as it is many just don't care and live like there is no tomorrow and expect someone else to clean up the mess they made for themselves, others are just plan greedy and think someone owe them something and should not be made to be accountable for their own actions. So it is not Blizzard fault, if people chose to be stupid and are not taking an active part in managing their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Alts. I love leveling alts, mostly to attempt to tear up wsg. I have a few that I plan on gearing out specifically at 60 and 70 to wreck bgs.
    Hell yea, same here. lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quit for a year and came back to start raiding again, progressing through heroics.

Raid once a week. Getting CM sets on alts I want. Weekly mount farms.

Tried Wildstar and thought it was pretty disappointing.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild just moved into 25 man raiding, which means progressing through H SoO again.

I want to scramble my eyes with a fork.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Can you link your armory with SoO HM achievement please ?
    How is this remotely relevant to anything? If someone thinks they've done all they're interested in, then they are.

i'm an addict with nothing else going on in my life

6.8 mill subs left. And how many of those do you think actualy play ? atleast half of those accounts are botters and gold sellers

There are a Lot of things to do between expansions.
    Level alts
    Level professions
    Stock up on items that will increase in value once the expansion hits
    Learn to play the ah
    RBG for title
    Collect pets, mounts
    Lore master
    Join a guild to raid on an alt to get a new perspective on raiding

There are a Ton of things to do in this game. Wandering why someone would play is silly. The obvious and only answer is this: They are having fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    6.8 mill subs left. And how many of those do you think actualy play ? atleast half of those accounts are botters and gold sellers
    That seems like a really, unrealistic number tbh. The half are botters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I'm more of an altoholic and I have twenty level 90's. I don't care about pets or achievements and I have enough mounts.
    See, and that's the difference that makes a lot of people still enjoy the game, while some others don't. Like I said, for pet/mount/achievement collectors, there's probably still enough to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only 11/14H SoO. Plus, I have a metric crapton of mounts, pets, and achievements to collect. I can always find something to do on this game.