Quote Originally Posted by Kanesh View Post
    We tried Imperator Mar'gok yesterday and after a combat time of 5-6 mins it was unplayable for me, because of lags in the solar eclipse.
    Has anyone else the same problem?
    They know about this problem but good luck getting it fixed quickly. Happens for all balance druids going solar->lunar.

Deleted
    Does anyone have a beta working weak aura that counts the number of starsurge charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    always been 10, skin is 12 nothing else in our kit is
    Starfall used to have draenor perk increasing its duration from 10 seconds to 12, they did remove all of the direct damage increases and starfall+hurricane perks.
    They did bake those direct damage increases into our spells, however starfall and hurricane perks simply got removed (making hurricane just utterly useless button)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanesh View Post
    We tried Imperator Mar'gok yesterday and after a combat time of 5-6 mins it was unplayable for me, because of lags in the solar eclipse.
    Has anyone else the same problem?
    I might be imagining things, but /reloadui "works" for me as fix. It'll start again and much sooner than it does from a fresh combat but atleast i can play that little while...
    or as said, its just my imagination

10+ Year Old Account
    could someone explain briefly what [Dream of Cenarius] actually does, mechanically, for Balance Druids?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    could someone explain briefly what [Dream of Cenarius] actually does, mechanically, for Balance Druids?
    Basically instead of using healing touch you're supposed to get a somewhat equivalent heal to any random raid member every lunar/solar peak. They couldn't make the talent damage neutral before so they just made it automatic.

forgot to mention it's tied to moonfire/sunfire

pretty terrible talent design tbh, hopefully gets yet another redesign, another swing and a miss...
    Last edited by timmytompadderham; 2014-08-08 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    When you reach solar / lunar peak (the far sides of the eclipse bar) you get Lunar / Solar Peak buff that increases the initial damage of your next Moonfire/Sunfire by 100%

DoC causes those moonfires/sunfires at peak times to heal for X amount.
    Basically its hps is X/20 if you're not using Euphoria and requires you to use moonfire/sunfire at those times to work. Its just a "passive-active" heal thats pretty much useless compared to how good NV is

you said you still can spam SS and Starfall, but both spells consume your CA stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Siuo View Post
    you said you still can spam SS and Starfall, but both spells consume your CA stacks?
    Starfall doesnt consume stacks. You'll need 3 stacks for dots so you can use 5 for starsurges during that 60second frame. Any extra charges can be used for starfall and in multitarget situations you'll use more stacks for dots but you'll always just use starfall (perhaps one or two starsurges to avoid wasting charges)

Anyway, using this bug isnt really advicable. Its there only if you really need to push max dps to hit the next phase etc

What is everyone's opinion on dot snapshotting being completely removed?

That, coupled with the auto cycling eclipse bar, it seems like there's very little skill differentiation left for the spec.

I've only played a couple of hours on the beta, so please tell me I'm wrong. I liked how there was a lot you could do to maximize dps as a boomkin in previous expansions, I don't want to see that gone.

I felt like that initially until I began testing some of the encounters. Boomkins feel like a lot of fun right now, but maybe I just like the change of pace.

Also holy shit Iron Maidens is fun

Deleted
    single target with no movement difference between playing perfectly and playing okay is minimal. I was rusty after a 1 month vacation so casted dots at the wrong time constantly during the first raid test yesterday, now that I cast them at the right time it hasn't changed. Luckily, most encounters isn't stand still single target, and when multidotting you will really see a difference. On Tectus we tested earlier today I was doubling the other moonkin's dps (pretty high movement due to chaotic pug, a lot of multidotting). While the same boomkin was only 10-20% behind me on singletarget (Imperator Mar'gok p1 + p2).

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshmilor View Post
    snip...
    Well, i got bored and made this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Bno/edit#gid=0

This one takes the cast time in consideration (aka 0% haste, you'll set lunar position to 0 and it'll calculate the starfire sp/sec 3 seconds from that lunar position).

You can freely change your mastery and haste ratings, as well as different setup of haste buffs (5% raid buff, berserking and bloodlust right now - no love for alliance racials yet!)

Theres 2 different ways to compare, via the absolute position of eclipse bar or via time since combat start

As always, feel free to check the math.
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-08-09 at 02:16 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Barkskin back to being a 60 second CD? Could anyone please confirm

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    What is everyone's opinion on dot snapshotting being completely removed?

That, coupled with the auto cycling eclipse bar, it seems like there's very little skill differentiation left for the spec.

I've only played a couple of hours on the beta, so please tell me I'm wrong. I liked how there was a lot you could do to maximize dps as a boomkin in previous expansions, I don't want to see that gone.
    Are u sure Stellar Flare doesn't snapshot eclipse energy?
    cus it still says:" powerful spell which benefits from both Lunar and Solar Eclipses, dealing the most damage when they are balanced..."
    or it will auto deals more dmg when it gets closer to 0 energy?

Quote Originally Posted by omri1212000 View Post
    Are u sure Stellar Flare doesn't snapshot eclipse energy?
    cus it still says:" powerful spell which benefits from both Lunar and Solar Eclipses, dealing the most damage when they are balanced..."
    or it will auto deals more dmg when it gets closer to 0 energy?
    Theres no snapshots whatsoever for moonkins left, Stellar Flare will just deal the most damage when eclipse bar is at 0 point (or during CA). Just like Moonfire will deal most damage at Lunar peak and Sunfire at Solar peak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    Is Barkskin back to being a 60 second CD? Could anyone please confirm
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/497935912068591618
    It should still be 30seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do wish they would pick an eclipse mechanic or just get rid of it all together so that I don't have to learn how to play the damn class all over again every xpac.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Neetz View Post
    I really do wish they would pick an eclipse mechanic or just get rid of it all together so that I don't have to learn how to play the damn class all over again every xpac.
    Most classes have that, and personally I prefer them to change things around every expac so that I dont have to do the same thing all the time

I feel like boomkins skillcap is all about knowing when you can use Starsurge and when you need to save the charges for Starfall and hitting Stellar Flare at the right time. Aka encounter knowledge > all.

I liked how there was a lot you could do to maximize dps as a boomkin in previous expansions, I don't want to see that gone.
    Not quite sure what you are referring to - boomkin has never been an complex spec where you could "do a lot to maximize dps". Especially not in MoP, braindead spec, hammering Starsurge as soon as it pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Curarin View Post
    Not quite sure what you are referring to - boomkin has never been an complex spec where you could "do a lot to maximize dps". Especially not in MoP, braindead spec, hammering Starsurge as soon as it pops.
    Never been that complex, true, but Starsurge usage used to matter alot more in previous tiers. Currently its this braindead spec in SoO due to having ridiculous gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    Nothig about us Let's hope they add a minor glyph that changes moonking form into an Arrakoa or something.
    That's a brilliant idea.