Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    lol so expansions are coming out slower than ever, 2 tiers means so much less work for them, they even said they couldn't give us a filler raid after SoO because it would delay WoD too long, and SoO will last 14 months.

so basically blizzard creating content as slow as ever, and just creating less to get expansions with less content out faster.

They really misunderstood the concept of "less is more".

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well this is great...i hate raids..but i love gorehowl...but they are right...gorehowl will drop from grom only and cant drop somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Der Raid...... /neck hair raises.....

DIE Raid... Some things just hurt the eye
    Raid is "Schlachtzug" in German, which is a male noun, hence "der Raid" is grammatically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    well this is great...i hate raids..
    Wrong game I guess.

OT, stop selling everything Blizzard says "in theory" as fact. The last time someone did that we had 7 millions whining that they were promised faster expansions, which they weren't, and which didn't happen. This sounds vague enough to be unrealistic, seeing as they would have to trade in much faster expansions to make that happen, they'd practically have to announce xpac 6 this Blizzcon and start working on it before the end of the year, which is totally nuts.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Shit is getting cut on a daily basis atm. Today is an entire raid tier.

Don't English words become "das" when germanized?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Your title is incorrect, you forgot "probably (not)" and "in theory".

What do you find interesting about this? Are you happy about it or sad? Are you just playing journalist and reposting without actually wanting a discussion on a forum?
    The title has limited space and it is their plan - only if they fail to execute this plan they have to change it. If you read the whole interview he goes into detail about it. They have no plans for a third raid similar to Ulduar in WotlK that changed the theme a little bit. It's about Oger + Orcs and Orcs with Legion influence.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

So the first raid with last 6 months and the 2nd one will last 10 and they'll call it a success. You know whatever expansion comes after this will face delays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    they'd practically have to announce xpac 6 this Blizzcon and start working on it before the end of the year.
    Well actually in one of the English interviews on the same subject, Chilton said that they've split their newly enlarged team in half, and 50% of them will work on patch content and 50% will already be developing the next expansion immediately.

So they want to release expansions faster? Do they have ideas for expansions coming faster? Like new features every time? I am almost certain they barely found ones for this expansion and they turn out to be harder to implement than others, imagine what will be in the future then, less raid tiers + same long time between expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it means faster expansions and less downtime between tiers I'm all for it
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    It's "der Raid" in German. Raid is "male".
    I know.. I am German... hence why it's Die Raid...
    A Raid is an event, not male.. Gender definition doesn't exist in English.
    Raid is an English word, for... surprise, a Razzia..... Die Razzia.

Then fucking translate it to German lol
    Der Raubzug, Der Ueberfall.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Don't English words become "das" when germanized?
    No, it's very illogical and depends on many factors, sometimes just based on fashion and custom. Encounter is a good example. Some say "der Encounter" and other "das Encounter" - there is no fixed rule. People use what sounds good to them. If it's established by custom the "Duden" will write down it as offical.

Examples:

Computer is male (der)
    CPU is female (die)
    Mainboard is neutral (das)

I would love expansions every one year or one and a half,but i have serious doubts they can pull it off.

And regarding Kil'jaeden,it's no surprise he won't show up. He is a major badass,and to ruin him with a alternate universe version apperance would be just meh.

They say the next expansion will be legion themed ? But what legion ? Cause fighting the guys on the AU just feels like a waste of time no matter how much they try to portrait them as some huge threat.

Less content, 10 dollars more per expansion. Unreal.

I don't have a problem with only two raid tiers, as long as they are doing something rather then nothing which is what I think they did for a good chuck of MoP.

They can do extra 5 mans, they can do some scenarios, keep expanding other WOW features, like battle pets, garrisons, TI style things, PvP stuff, the various number of collecting things we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I know.. I am German... hence why it's Die Raid...
    A Raid is an event, not male.. Gender definition doesn't exist in English.
    Raid is an English word, for... surprise, a Razzia..... Die Razzia.

Then fucking translate it to German lol
    Der Raubzug, Der Ueberfall.
    I'm also German. It's "der Raid" and not "die Raid". Duden confirms that.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-08-19 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    If it means faster expansions and less downtime between tiers I'm all for it
    Severely doubt it. With the amount of stuff being cut and "lack of resources" I don't see how they are going to bring out expansions faster at the expense of a raid tier. My guess is same amount of time between expansions but only 2 raid tiers.

If the expansions are rushed and have less content this just seems like an effective way to charge players for glorified content patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Raid is "Schlachtzug" in German, which is a male noun, hence "der Raid" is grammatically correct.
    No it's a linguistic perversion.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Vanilla: MC -> BWL -> AQ40 -> Naxx
    BC: Kara -> SSC/TK -> Hyjal/BT -> Sunwell
    Wrath: Naxx -> Ulduar -> Toc -> ICC

Then we got used to 3. Cataclysm had 4 tiers planned, but plans changed (War of the Ancients, Abyssal Maw)

Cata: BWD/Bot -> Firelands -> DS
    MoP: HoF/ToeS -> ToT -> SoO

Now we're asked to accept 2 in lieu of supposedly faster expansions? Forgive my cynical heart, but I fear we may get 2 raid tiers and expansions not near as fast as they hope. Pretty much the worst of both worlds.
    Remember the first 4 expansions had close to 20 full blown five man dungeons. Wonder how many WoD will have?