Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwa Washi View Post
    Never understood why they didn't just define a role for each spec so that they only needed to tune each spec for that particular role instead of tuning each spec for everything. Say BM-solo/leveling, MM-PVP, SV-PVE/Raiding or something like that.
    Then that would limit choices. They need to use their millions of $ they get every month to hire more designers that's what they need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    Then that would limit choices. They need to use their millions of $ they get every month to hire more designers that's what they need to do.
    Please remember that more designers =/= better.

They need to spend their millions of dollars to hire intelligent designers who are willing to take criticism.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Please remember that more designers =/= better.

They need to spend their millions of dollars to hire intelligent designers who are willing to take criticism.
    I work in ISD, I know that having more designers that are split up into different portions of a project or a game in this case will be better. There are too many of the same hands in different cookie jars right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    I work in ISD, I know that having more designers that are split up into different portions of a project or a game in this case will be better. There are too many of the same hands in different cookie jars right now.
    The heck do you know about how Blizzard sets up their designer teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I know how. They throw everyone's name in a hat and draw names for teams for every expac. I'm pretty sure the hunter team consists of a Murloc plushy, two stray dogs, and a monkey chained to an Apple II that can only play tetris.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    I know how. They throw everyone's name in a hat and draw names for teams for every expac. I'm pretty sure the hunter team consists of a Murloc plushy, two stray dogs, and a monkey chained to an Apple II that can only play tetris.
    Made me laugh was a good read until it dawned on me 'what if' this guy was right!

What are your predictions? Return of the one or two button macro spam?

As it stands the spec has it all with minimal amount of concentration and management required...

BM was OP as hell in TBC so devs are prob wanting to play on nostalgia card for WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    1) You only *have* to fire AS once every 15s, to maintian SrS. The rest is just excess focus dump.
    2) Multistrike has an effective cap on it. You can only get so many ticks of BA between the ES CD (3, with the set bonus) and each tick can only proc up to 2 things. At a certain % of multistrike, you're going to get, more likely than not, 5 charges of ES, and you'll need to be spending your time CoS between to get to the focus levels you need to ES.
    3) In a fit of "intended design" they lowered the duration of BA to 18s, to give you 6s of downtime of not stacking ES procs where you can GT/AS-for-SrS, abilities which need to be done....every 15s. It doesn't line up perfectly, but that's where you can "catch up" if you haven't yet reached the skill cap of having 45 extra focus within the 18s window.
    I tried SV on beta and after a while on dummy I got used to new LnL, will need bit more time to remember about AS, not CS, refreshing Sting, sadly my GT wasnt used on cd, but that just needs better focus management I guess. Anyway, it started to seem playable and smooth even, but then comes AMoC...
    The biggest PITA for me was AMoC and its focus cost, I tried saving Fervor for it, but found out its much more useful for lnl stacks. I dont know, maybe Im really bad at focus management, but with current focus regen Im thinking about switching AMoC for BS, even if its bit (?) lower dps.
    Are there any early sims showing how big would be dps loss using BS for SV?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    BM was OP as hell in TBC so devs are prob wanting to play on nostalgia card for WoD
    All due to Serpent's Swiftness; 20% haste as a talent, if you can believe that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Its not about numbers for the third time. Its about mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -
    Ohh so its not about numbers its about mechanics, and why would everyone play BM if every spec did the same dps? and no not everyone want to play the easiest rotation, im sure some of the bad players will pick the easiest rotation, but some actually like it when its challenging to play the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The 3 or 4 mid expansion hunter buffs should tell you a lot about their design teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Ohh so its not about numbers its about mechanics, and why would everyone play BM if every spec did the same dps? and no not everyone want to play the easiest rotation, im sure some of the bad players will pick the easiest rotation, but some actually like it when its challenging to play the class.
    Because right now it is the most balanced of them all, you have a somewhat nice rotation that makes the spec fun to play. That is why.

I currently love survival on the beta. The new lnl was very clunky in part because of the visual without any add-on like tmw. But once they enabled add-ons recently on the beta, it has become very fun and it feels like I get more lnl shots than I do now. The low haste is annoying, but its start of a expansion. But, fervor has very nice synergy with survival right now. I have faith the number tuning will keep on going. But with the newest sim's on the beta build, http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/raid-8-21-14.html while this is still beta it gives a decent idea. As you can see the difference in hunter specs is not that small. I have confidence that blizzard will balance at least two specs for hunters as the game has had alot specs "Viable" for a bit of time now. (Their are some outlier's. But even marksman, despite all the bad press about it can be competitive single target.)

Everyone Slot is an expert on game design, programming and Blizzard in general, please stop trying to say he's wrong.

Lazy hunter reading up and I'd like to say thanks to the people that put helpful info in this thread.

I hope they give each other high fives and say, "Well done!"

*Just read the title and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    For the entirety of last expansion during progression, we were in a rough spot on each spec. We'll want at least one spec to be competitive. For God's sake, just don't make us middle-of-the-pack again on all specs. Very frustrating.
    You should find another game if you had issues playing hunter in MoP.

During TBC the best pve AND pvp spec for hunters was BM. Some raiders were marks, but it was petty even in pve for marks and bm.... And blizz has said they want people to relive those days... sooo... ^_^;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    If we have BM at a competitive level with warlocks, rogues, and mages, I'll be extremely happy. For the entirety of last expansion during progression, we were in a rough spot on each spec. We'll want at least one spec to be competitive. For God's sake, just don't make us middle-of-the-pack again on all specs. Very frustrating.
    In my MoP guild the highest dps on the meters were 2 hunters, though granted we didn't have locks and mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    The encounters were fun in BC but Hunters were awful. Our optimal rotation consisted of making a macro and spamming one button as fast as we could. To anyone wanting to go back to that, all I can say is nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    You should find another game if you had issues playing hunter in MoP.
    In the following, content releases are shown as red lines. I didn't show rogues because things get cluttered, and I want to showcase exactly where our top performers were at in comparison to the line that rogues, mages, and warlocks have been at from top performers throughout the expansion.

Default spec score for top 100 parses of Mages, Warlocks, and Hunters throughout this expansion.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...00000000000000

Average dps score for top 100 parses of Mages, Warlocks and Hunters throughout this expansion.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...00000000000000

Now, I'm not in a top 100 guild. I won't be in a top guild in Mythic because I simply don't have the time to commit to that kind of thing with my career anymore. Even when we were middle of the pack in peak dps potential (as hunters), I was still top 5 dps in my guild on most fights because my guild, though 14/14H now, is a bunch of underachieving dorks. That doesn't mean that hunters were not in a rough spot during progression (the first 2-3 months of a content release) throughout each tier. Your own anecdotal evidence is similarly useless.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2014-08-21 at 05:03 PM.