Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Have you ever tried,

Merlin (fantasy more so than sci fi) all 5 seasons on Netflix
    iZombie (new show on CW)
    American Horror Story (first 3 seasons were great)
    Salem (season 1 on Netflix, season 2 starts Sunday!! Awesome show)
    Being Human (American version - British one was canceled early so American one is longer and better! Haha)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I tried with BSG, I really tried. I just couldn't get into it no matter how much I force watched it. In contrast I though SGU was one of the most interesting sci-fi shows in the last 10 years and definitely the best of the Stargate franchise in my opinion. The rest of SG series I also tried force watching but they never latched on, just couldn't get into it. SGU on the other hand really appealed to me, not sure why, seriously hated how they end it... if you're gonna cancel a show at least give the fans an ending they can be happy with, and not one that makes you mad as fuck.
    Preference is a funny thing Personally I really like both Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, and absolutely hated Universe. I think I lasted about 6 episodes before quitting and I wished every character in the show would die already after about the 3rd episode :P I think generally people who watched the earlier series (SG-1 and Atlantis) disliked Universe, because it just wasn't in the spirit of the previous series, while people who watched Universe as their first show in the series generally liked it, but since the fanbase and majority of people who might have been watching Universe didn't like it, it never really caught on and got cancelled pretty quickly.

Give Powers a try, on Sony Playstation network or something.
    Adapted from a good comic book writer's series, cops dealing with crimes in a world of super powered people. It's started well, good style and pacing, and happily, the humour from the book is all there.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/exp...n-plus/powers/
    Last edited by Woadnson; 2015-04-03 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Preference is a funny thing Personally I really like both Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, and absolutely hated Universe. I think I lasted about 6 episodes before quitting and I wished every character in the show would die already after about the 3rd episode :P I think generally people who watched the earlier series (SG-1 and Atlantis) disliked Universe, because it just wasn't in the spirit of the previous series, while people who watched Universe as their first show in the series generally liked it, but since the fanbase and majority of people who might have been watching Universe didn't like it, it never really caught on and got cancelled pretty quickly.
    I watched a fair bit of SG-1 when I was younger, didn't particularly find it good, I remember watching it around the same time as I watched the Star Trek: Voyager series for the first time which I was absolutely addicted to. I was familiar with most of the background characters and the overall story before I watched SGU, think I even watched a Stargate movie way back in my teen years.

I don't really know why I loved SGU so much, I'm a really big fan of the science and futurism and big nerdy space battles like you find in Star Trek, maybe that's why SGU pushed all my buttons because it was a step away from the original SG settings and more towards that.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Being Human (American version - British one was canceled early so American one is longer and better! Haha)
    HU???
    http://www.episodeworld.com/show/Being_Human UK Show = 5 Seasons
    http://www.episodeworld.com/show/Being_Human_2011 the crap american remake = 4 Seasons

sorry but us remakes can and will never be better then the uk original.... and that from a guy that isnt even british

10+ Year Old Account
    Babylon 5 is the biggest one missing from your list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5 If you like Star Trek, especially DS9, you will likely also really enjoy Babylon 5. The first season is a little rough, but it really gains momentum after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    HU???
    http://www.episodeworld.com/show/Being_Human UK Show = 5 Seasons
    http://www.episodeworld.com/show/Being_Human_2011 the crap american remake = 4 Seasons

sorry but us remakes can and will never be better then the uk original.... and that from a guy that isnt even british
    Well Being Human US must be the exception as their actors were much more like able . And it was longer than the UK version.

52 episodes > 37
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2015-04-03 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Well Being Human US must be the exception as their actors were much more like able . And it was longer than the UK version.

52 episodes > 37
    Hehe I must disagree, passionately! Being Human UK is way better than the US remake Different tastes, i know! But to me it feels like the UK cast is much superior to the US cast. It's like UK actors actually study acting, they study drama, whereas US actors they get gigs based on looks + audience >< US cares about $$$ whereas UK prefers substance.

P.S. Length of show/season has nothing to do with its quality.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Twilight Zone! Gotta love Rod Serling
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    P.S. Length of show/season has nothing to do with its quality.
    Agreed. UK Being Human is one of my favourite shows, US Being Human I couldn't get past the first season.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I rewatch the TV-series Dune and Children of Dune every couple of years or so. It's like 9 hours or so total.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142032/?ref_=nv_sr_3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287839/?ref_=tt_rec_tti

Also I binged the 100 a month or so ago, after the first 3-4 episodes in season one it really improved a lot.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2015-04-04 at 03:53 PM.

Yeah The 100 started off a little too cute and teeny but really picked up halfway through the first season and the second season was really amazing imo.

I'm probably gonna give Grimm and Continuum a go, watched a bit of the 100 and I think that's going on my second list of "did not enjoy".
    With The 100 you need to give it more than 2 or 3 episodes it doesn't get its footing until around episode 5 of season 1 the first few are just all "zomg we are on earth its pretty what is out there!" it really doesn't have a direction the second season of it was really great and going to be very interesting in season 3.

Edit: Hah see others have said the same thing didn't read the whole thread just wanted to say 100% agree with the others as I stated above.

Feel like I've watched just about everything in this genre, I'm a huge fan of sciency shows, especially ones based in space. I'll try to give a list of the major ones I've already watched to the best of my memory.

Already watched/up to date on release;

Star Trek - all series
    Firefly
    Farscape
    The X-Files
    Supernatural
    Sanctuary
    Haven
    Warehouse 13
    Sleepy Hollow
    Alcatraz
    Arrow
    Smallville
    The Walking Dead
    Stargate Universe
    Fringe
    Heroes
    Defiance
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel

Shows I've watched some of but didn't enjoy;

Marvel's Agents of Shield
    A town called Eureka
    Helix
    Flash
    Gotham
    Z-Nation
    Lost
    Battlestar Galactica
    Stargate - all other series except Universe
    No mention of Twilight Zone or Outer Limits? The original Twilight Zone and Outer Limits are classics for a reason, and I guarantee you the creators of the majority of shows on your list were influenced by one or both of them. Not every episode is a masterpiece...but a surprisingly large number of them are. Stick with the originals though, the various reboots are definitely less good. There's also Rod Serling's Night Gallery, it's not as good as Twilight Zone but it still had good stuff.

Outside of those,American Gothic was good, but it only lasted 1 season and didn't really get a proper ending. Alias was more of a spy show at first but later on they started working sci-fi elements in. Millenium might be worth watching if you're an X-Files fan. I've heard rave reviews about Orphan Black as well.

Being human US was way better IMO, the UK version just started to fall apart when the main actors went off to different projects and the like. Also some of the UK versions supernatural elements could be quite silly, like no vampires in photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I find it odd that you've watched Stargate Universe, but didn't enjoy Battlestar Galactica, considering SGU is basically just a terrible copy of BSG.

Anyway, You've watched most shows worth watching it seems like, another poster already recommended Continuum and I also think you might like it. It's a pretty decent sci-fi/time travel series.
    I find it more odd that he hasnt watched Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I strongly recommend watching Stargate SG-1 and only after that Atlantis, even though they overlap at some point

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feel like I've watched just about everything in this genre, I'm a huge fan of sciency shows, especially ones based in space. I'll try to give a list of the major ones I've already watched to the best of my memory.

Already watched/up to date on release;

Star Trek - all series
    Firefly
    Farscape
    The X-Files
    Supernatural
    Sanctuary
    Haven
    Warehouse 13
    Sleepy Hollow
    Alcatraz
    Arrow
    Smallville
    The Walking Dead
    Stargate Universe
    Fringe
    Heroes
    Defiance
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel

Shows I've watched some of but didn't enjoy;

Marvel's Agents of Shield
    A town called Eureka
    Helix
    Flash
    Gotham
    Z-Nation
    Lost
    Battlestar Galactica
    Stargate - all other series except Universe

No torchwood or Dr. who

I find your list.....disturbing.
    You cared enough to post.

I watched a fair bit of SG-1 when I was younger, didn't particularly find it good, I remember watching it around the same time as I watched the Star Trek: Voyager series for the first time which I was absolutely addicted to. I was familiar with most of the background characters and the overall story before I watched SGU, think I even watched a Stargate movie way back in my teen years.

I don't really know why I loved SGU so much, I'm a really big fan of the science and futurism and big nerdy space battles like you find in Star Trek, maybe that's why SGU pushed all my buttons because it was a step away from the original SG settings and more towards that.
    Later episodes of SG-1 and whole of Atlantis is quite futuristic in my opinion

Deleted
    I'm also a big fan of Being Human (UK version - haven't seen US one).

But I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Lost Girl

(created an account to post this so I can't link the imdb page
    http: //www .imdb .com /title /tt1429449/
    probably

It's fantasy /sci-fi and quite foxy, the car wash scene is a hoot.
    I'm waiting for season 5 to arrive in UK ......

Could always try Life on Mars.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?