Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    The jpg is meant to produce sound for you to hear.
    I had a terrible, TERRIBLE run in with a Jeff the Killer .jpg back during the YouTube link-in-comments shenanigans.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Oh ya, it was awesome when charizard used it. Too bad in game it is pretty awful and any pokemon that isn't a wall with the offensive capability of a pillow
    my list was basicially my favourites from the anime (which I, in most cases, use ingame. except seismic toss, once every few runs I make I choose it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Making a team with M-Latias as its winning condition, requires, I feel, constant entry hazard pressure on your opponent's side of the field, and defog both takes away your own SR & spikes plus takes up an unavailable moveslot, that latias can't afford.
    True enough. However, you do have to play around with Defog and your own rocks. Bait your opponent into clearing your hazards so that you can catch his spinner/defogger, leaving you with the field open for you to clear your opponent's hazards and get your own up.

But it's true that it'll take your moveslot. Still, don't discard Defog as an option on your 6th member against Rapid Spin. Even if it does take your own hazards, you can create openings to get rid of your opponent's hazard setters, spinners, and so on, and then set your own permanent hazards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

So I have a theory regarding Arceus: What if the one we see/catch in-game is merely an avatar, and we haven't encountered the real Arceus?

1. Arceus is said to have created the universe with it's thousand arms, and unless it's from Elfen Lied, it's in game model has no such appendages.

2. We all know how silly it is for the creator of the universe to be captured in a pokeball. Everyone jokes about it, but it is a serious flaw in pokemon logic

3. For an omnipotent being, Arceus has high stats, but there is at least one pokemon that beats it for every single one of it's stats. When a flower(Florges) can take a hit better than you, you probably aren't omnipotent.

4. It can be killed with a powerful fighting type attack. The god of the known universe is apparently not powerful enough to survive a high jump kick from a sexualized bunny in leggings.

I think none of the above make sense unless the in game version of Arceus is simply an avatar used by the real Arceus.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2015-05-31 at 05:37 PM.

So I have a theory regarding Arceus: What if the one we see/catch in-game is merely an avatar, and we haven't encountered the real Arceus?

1. Arceus is said to have created the universe with it's thousand arms, and unless it's from Elfen Lied, it's in game model has no such appendages.

2. We all know how silly it is for the creator of the universe to be captured in a pokeball. Everyone jokes about it, but it is a serious flaw in pokemon logic

3. For an omnipotent being, Arceus has high stats, but there is at least one pokemon that beats it for every single one of it's stats. When a flower(Florges) can take a hit better than you, you probably aren't omnipotent.

4. It can be killed with a powerful fighting type attack. The god of the known universe is apparently not powerful enough to survive a high jump kick from a sexualized bunny in leggings.

I think none of the above make sense unless the in game version of Arceus is simply an avatar used by the real Arceus.
    I honestly think that Arceus in-game is exactly what it is described to be. With that said, I'd also say that the myths surrounding all legendary pokemon are either:

1. Simply not true, and formed via ignorance about the laws of the pokemon universe by humans who are simply non-important or powerful.

2. True, but their makings are one-time only, and their current power simply is a poor remnant of what used to be, or

3. There's something even more powerful and "God" is simply not that powerful/important that granted Arceus X power to do something for once.

But in all honesty, even if Arceus is God, and it still has its powers, then I guess:

1. It either can't use them for some reason we don't know.

2. Faith & Mind create crazy things in the mind, and a God's power is mostly an expectation, which simply falls short when it's encountered.

Or it is just because gameplay
    imagine how many player would cry like babies when they can't catch *insert random legendary Poke here*

GF had two options:
    don't create some legendary, thus can't catch and don't have to think about balance
    or
    create legendaries and let them get caught and for balance reasons don't make them 1 hit ko everything

I mean if you have 6 non-legendaries in your team and your friend (who you are fighting against) has at least one in his team (or lets be crazy: his whole team is filled with legys), you wouldn't stand a chance.
    Or you both have legys and it would be an infinite fight because neither legy would lose

e:
    I didn't read the whole manga but in some parts legendaries are... let's say they show why they are a legend for a reason.
    Last edited by rarhyx; 2015-05-31 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post

I mean if you have 6 non-legendaries in your team and your friend (who you are fighting against) has at least one in his team (or lets be crazy: his whole team is filled with legys), you wouldn't stand a chance.
    Or you both have legys and it would be an infinite fight because neither legy would lose
    I mean, gameplay-wise, quite a few legendaries are in the lower tiers.

Deleted
    I recommend watching Arceus movie (if you haven't yet). It is depicted as a mon depending on type-plates for its powers and can certainly be defeated/snared/trapped/battled. It didn't strike me as an omnipotent creature (at least not doing large scale project in a blink of an eye), more like a patient, one-project-at-a-time builder/overseer. When its plates got scattered when it stopped incoming meteor (with its own body no less) it would have died if not for Damos bringing one of the plates close to it. It shows just how dependent on them Arceus is.

As to its in-game power:
    - It can only wield one plate at a time. -> which would fit the movie lore power perfectly
    - Obvious gameplay limitation stat-wise. They could either give it somehow manageable stats or godlike ones (think 10k in each stat) with ability that prevents fainting and masterball immunity. I think their solution was better.

easy, arceus didnt create the universe, hes just the diety of sinnoh and mew is the first pokemon.

just solved all your problems
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Or it is just because gameplay
    imagine how many player would cry like babies when they can't catch *insert random legendary Poke here*

GF had two options:
    don't create some legendary, thus can't catch and don't have to think about balance
    or
    create legendaries and let them get caught and for balance reasons don't make them 1 hit ko everything

e:
    I didn't read the whole manga but in some parts legendaries are... let's say they show why they are a legend for a reason.
    they did this with mew in gen 1 though. mew was only talked about in journals as being from south america and having given birth to mewtwo. and had a single person not secretly put mew in the game at the last minute it wouldnt be in the files at all
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a vid on serebii on the new pmd game, erry starter ees in it, including the kalos starters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    There's a vid on serebii on the new pmd game, erry starter ees in it, including the kalos starters
    Not only is every starter available, apparently it has ALL current Pokemon, which is a huge plus compared to the other 3DS PMD. Might even pick it up just because of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never tried any of the PMD games. Are they worth trying out?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    They are if you enjoy the game itself

- - - Updated - - -

Feels post inc

http://mobile.pokestache.com/Pokemon...ss-Frie/7085?m

Feels post complete

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    They are if you enjoy the game itself
    So they are worth trying out if you enjoy them? What?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I don't think I might of clarified here

Most of the pmd games (which include the recent one) are dungeon crawler esq game style in which you can chose your Pokemon char in the later iterations (I have played the first, you have to chose your nature if I recalled correctly, I haven't played that game in ages, and I think I might of sold it at GameStop or it was stolen, idk.)

If you like that type, the game could be fore you, but it's up to you anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    It's a roguelike dungeon crawler where you (a human) becomes a Pokemon. Instead of capturing Pokemon, you have a chance to recruit them into your party upon [their] defeat. It's turn based, like all Pokemon games, but more in the sense of a chess board than randomized encounters. For example, you move a space, the enemy gets to move a space (or attack, depending on positioning). All of the games are very fun and have great stories (although I'd say that PMD: Gates to Infinity was the weakest story-wise out of all of them).

I would definitely suggest it to anybody. It's probably my favorite spinoff series.
    Now if only I could have Zorua as my starter...

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

pls gief pokerman and splatoon crossover game

also splatoon is the best game ive played in years 7.8/10 too much squidward