Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought social media would be the big thing for this decade. That's my impression anyways.

Guess I still haven't quite figured out the cloud thing yet. Isn't it just a way to store data and stuff? Useful, but I don't know how decade-defining that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Guess I still haven't quite figured out the cloud thing yet. Isn't it just a way to store data and stuff?
    I heard it's a tool created to get movie stars to store their naked pics there to later get it hacked and released to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Kinda sad that the recent decades all feature computer/internet related logo's.
    Yeah it seems like after the 70s the party was over and everyone just got infront of their computer and never left home. :P

To me it feels like after the 90s started there has not really been much of a "movement" like the hippies and so on.
    Uncle Dolan maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    To me it feels like after the 90s started there has not really been much of a "movement" like the hippies and so on.
    Now you're hurting them SJW feelings.

The 80s symbol is not really accurate. The 80s are defined by excess and Reagan.

1970s is definitely the "have a nice day" logo.

1980s is the MTV logo.

2000s would be the Apple logo.

2010s would probably be the Marvel Comics logo since they dominate the box office these days.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Ku Klux Klan for 1920's is lame. KKK got it's start in 1870's and it's still around today.

Flapper girls or jazz would be like a hundred times better. They were called the Roaring Twenties because the economy really took off.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    KKK thingy.

Its strange don't mix tech and political.

Really it starts with political events and then goes into technology.
    If you want technology start with the car

If you want political events do 9/11 and fall of the soviet union.
    Are you seriously saying that the KKK in its prime doesn't mix with politics? Ask anyone who lived in the South.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    *) No, I will not substitute the Commodore 64 logo for the Amiga logo...
    it's the company logo, you're good...
    that 70s logo however evades me.... can't associate it with anything that would make much sense to me now.
    plus, i don't fully agree...... the peace symbol belongs to the 70s.....

the 60s need this:
    representative for all the uprisings of various populations.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Are you seriously saying that the KKK in its prime doesn't mix with politics? Ask anyone who lived in the South.
    See that is the problem.
    Civil rights all America
    Prohibition? All of America

KKK? The south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    the 60s need this:
    representative for all the uprisings of various populations.
    Why the former head and founder of the cuban secret police?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The 80s symbol is not really accurate. The 80s are defined by excess and Reagan.
    the 80s is fine.......
    Commodore ruled the market in the 80s, even the console manufacturers shit their pants alongside the IBM based computer makers.
    Without C= the home computer market wouldn't be where it is today.... they revolutionized the market, made computers at home a must have.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the former head and founder of the cuban secret police?
    Che Guevara was a rock star in the 60s and early 70s still...
    he was a symbol of organized class fight.. a beacon of hope that it is possible to stand up against ones own regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What about something new and exiting that's not computer/internet related in the next century?
    It's an impossible thought, you literally can't imagine things that aren't invented unless of course you are the inventor, and even then, it takes time.

No one on a medieval farm was thinking "I wish I had a tractor" because that would be skipping many generations of technological advance. Right now we are in a computer based generation, we may get things that are better or different or whatever, but good luck imagining them right this moment.

Computers are advancing very fast right now, it would be crazy to stop and until we are unable to advance in computers/internet, it will continue.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2015-06-27 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    Che Guevara was a rock star in the 60s and early 70s still...
    he was a symbol of organized class fight.. a beacon of hope that it is possible to stand up against ones own regime.
    Bad idea to make him the posterchild in hindsight glad we know better now and wouldn't put him on such a list.

60s / I have a Dream/Moonlanding
    70s / Watergate

Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Planet of the cats movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea to make him the posterchild in hindsight glad we know better now and wouldn't put him on such a list.

60s / I have a Dream/Moonlanding
    70s / Watergate
    no, we don't know better...... did you live during that time? i did.....
    and the man was a dominating figure.... ignoring history was never a good thing. Nor was he ever as bad as the anti-fraction tries to label him anyway.
    There is a great deal of propaganda attached to that "negative" image he supposedly has.
    Point and fact, he fought against dictators.... like when you mentioned Cuba. Has it been forgotten that before Castro Cuba was in the grip of a dictatorship?
    Batista, rings a bell? not the wrestler/actor lol... the dictator..

plus, i don't need a list that has nothing else to offer than domestic US events....
    I'm for a global list... because our world is influenced by many thing, many nations, many people.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-06-27 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    no, we don't know better...... did you live during that time? i did.....
    Thats why I know better now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Planet of the cats movie?
    Starcraft 2 Cats of Liberty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why I know better now.
    i am not American, I don't buy into all that anti-propaganda.... sorry....
    I know he fought regimes that have been at the USA's grace and favoritism... that's what his crime essentially was.
    I look past that, and see a man who took up arms to free people from dictators.