Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I wonder how many would even care. Most of them would probably be pissed off only because they can't look like a demon anymore, more so than the actual gameplay effect.

Classes have changed so much since vanilla, everyone's always going to be pissed off over one change or the other. If they have to revamp an existing spec to make a new class work, all power to them. Let them do it.
    Classes have not had main abilities removed, so you're wrong. Merged yes, but not removed.

Also, removing an ability and giving it to a non-existant class won't fix the problem. The logical step Blizzard will take is rebalance and change the playstyle.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2015-08-02 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I'm one of those who want a demon hunter class in the game, but even I have understood clearly from blizzard's actions that there will never be a playable DH class. And there will never be nagas as a playable race! When they added fel fire to Warlocks is when I knew we'd never get DHs.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    I'm one of those who want a demon hunter class in the game, but even I have understood clearly from blizzard's actions that there will never be a playable DH class. And there will never be nagas as a playable race! When they added fel fire to Warlocks is when I knew we'd never get DHs.
    EXCEPT

the big cheese Chris Metzen himself has said he wants playable naga at one point *During TBC*

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    EXCEPT

the big cheese Chris Metzen himself has said he wants playable naga at one point *During TBC*
    Even though he doesn't work on wow anymore, he is still high enough in rank to make waves. Which is why thrall will never die.

Demon hunters are one of the top 3 most demanded things. We already got the other 2(dks and pandaren)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I'm one of those who want a demon hunter class in the game, but even I have understood clearly from blizzard's actions that there will never be a playable DH class. And there will never be nagas as a playable race! When they added fel fire to Warlocks is when I knew we'd never get DHs
    I don't understand the point of Fel Fire=Demon Hunter.
    I mean, WCIII, DH unite had only inmolate (btw, it was red fire) to do some AoE, and the last playable DH that we have is Illidan, that has less in common with warlocks (only Metamorphosis IF you take that lvl 10 ulti). I'm not saying that Blizzard wants DH to be in WOW, but what we know is that the last DH skills are dashes, acrobatic jumps and alot of AA to move and do damage, and high evasion to survive (plus some healing with some talents and passive); so looking only to what Blizzard has done this days, I can assume that DH are far away of warlocks, and a warrior+rogue is the closest thing that we can assume (with something related to magic and demons).

Hey, I'm fine if they don't put DH, but I don't see any logic in some arguments used in this forum.

Delete the Warlock class and add Demon Hunters? then Blizzard can hand all the best Lock spells over to their new class.

Deleted
    Not another class, what the game needs is more specs.

I like this thread.

Give Warlocks a 4th Demon Hunter Tanking spec with Meta.

Give Shaman a 4th Earth based Tanking Spec.

Broaden the existing classes instead of adding new ones.

Deleted
    I remember a Pandaren saying "The Burning Legion" will soon return. Still not happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    The day that you know Blizzard has become TRULY desperate for subs is the day they break down and implement the demon hunter class for all the edgy illidan wannabes.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The day that you know Blizzard has become TRULY desperate for subs is the day they break down and implement the Death Knight class for all the edgy Arthas wannabes.
    Ummm...it sounds familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The day that you know Blizzard has become TRULY desperate for subs is the day they break down and implement the demon hunter class for all the edgy illidan wannabes.
    Because Death Knights are so much less edgy.

Deleted
    Demon Hunters, like Warlocks, are only accepted in society. Ever wondered why they're hiding in the basements? Because people would rather not see them among the commoners. They're not excluded, but they're not included either.

I cannot see why people think Demon Hunters would "replace" Warlocks - they're different on so many levels. And I've for long, had a strong feeling they'd be up next.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never liked the idea of a Demon Hunter class. Seems redundant. We already have a class that involves demons (Warlocks) and a class that calls itself a "hunter." I'd prefer something like the Monk, where the abilities are kind of comical (throwing endless kegs of brew at people, etc). The best one I could think of would be one based on the Tinkerer from WarCraft III.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I've never liked the idea of a Demon Hunter class. Seems redundant. We already have a class that involves demons (Warlocks) and a class that calls itself a "hunter." I'd prefer something like the Monk, where the abilities are kind of comical (throwing endless kegs of brew at people, etc). The best one I could think of would be one based on the Tinkerer from WarCraft III.
    It's redundant mostly in a sense that we spend 99% of our time killing Orcs and not much of the rest killing actual demons.

Orc Hunter class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    Demon Hunters, like Warlocks, are only accepted in society. Ever wondered why they're hiding in the basements? Because people would rather not see them among the commoners. They're not excluded, but they're not included either.

I cannot see why people think Demon Hunters would "replace" Warlocks - they're different on so many levels. And I've for long, had a strong feeling they'd be up next.
    They wouldn't replace Warlocks, they'd replace Rogues.

They would cannibalize Warlocks, limiting their potential design space, and eventually hurting both classes as a result.

And before you level the stupid Priest/Paladin argument, Priests use shadow magic, and Paladins have offense-based holy specializations. The difference between Locks and DHs is akin to the difference between Elemental and Enhancement Shaman.

So, we have a class using holy powers (priest) and a class using fighting skills and heavy armour (warriors)...so Paladins shoudn't be in wow?
    I mean, you are using the argument that "hunter" is a word that another class shoudn't use (btw, there isn't any law that exclude other classes to use the same words, but I can understand that), and that warlocks are using the same "powers"
    But you already know that there are other classes using the same powers in game: holy power for paladin+priest, fire element for shaman+mage+warlock, shadow element for warlock+priest, etc.... Even rouges and warriors use their strenght to hit their oponents (one using brute force and the other aiming his strikes), but nobody see this things like a major problem, because the mechanics, rotations,t he source of this powers and the feeling of the class is diferent (even their ressources are diferent).

I can see what are you saying, but all this things are not even "problems" in my eyes. Just a bit more work for the design team.

And before you level the stupid Priest/Paladin argument, Priests use shadow magic, and Paladins have offense-based holy specializations. The difference between Locks and DHs is akin to the difference between Elemental and Enhancement Shaman.
    Priests have and had more holy magic dmg skills too. Btw, if you can't see a better diference between DH and warlocks than a enhancement shamman and elemental, that's ok for you then.
    But don't use this like an argument, it's just you and your opinion, and opinions are like asses, everybody has one, and all of them are used to "$%·@.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2015-08-02 at 05:02 PM.

I don't think there will be a new demonhunter class. The dev's are probably going to take lots of shortcuts on this expansion like they did in WOD. They are probably putting in a lot less time to develop this next expansion. With the creative inclination that this current group of dev's have been exhibiting, I don't think they would do a good job of creating a new class and have no desire to do so. It feels like they have done the worst job balance classes this expansion than they ever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one knows if there even will be a new class.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They'd be the first to lose an iconic aesthetic.
    It's as simple as keeping Meta as a DPS cooldown while reverting back to pet focused gameplay, and taking what was the 'Meta' spec and adapting that gameplay for an actual Demon Hunter, likely in a melee setting. Will Warlock players QQ? Sure, because they're getting their gameplay changed. But that's happened many times before, just like Dual Wield tanking was removed from DK's and a year or two later, Monks appeared with Dual Wield tanking. People get used to change, it's all a matter of how Blizzard goes on about these changes.

The current initiative to change Demonology could be what eases in players to a new Demon-focused spec. Later on when people are completely familiarized with the new Warlock 'identity', they can bring in a Demon Hunter class with whatever bells and whistles they need to help separate it from the former Warlock. They could have multiple Demon Forms similar to Druids, or using the aesthetics of Glyph of Demon Hunting which added horns and wings to your character instead of Shadow Illidan.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2015-08-02 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.