Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Go back to your puppets or something, I'll watch my manly show about manly things.

Seriously though, I think Jojo's is pretty solid. Personally, I'd consider it a lot better than DBZ (If we're comparing it to other popular typical shonen mangas), but yet people will still defend DBZ to the death about how "amazing" it is. That being said though, it started off as "I'm just watching this to see why people like it", I didn't really start enjoying it until like, Stardust Crusaders (Which seems to be about the spot that it does become more liked).
    MFW a puppet show is better than most of this year's anime.

I'll defend DBZ solely because it's the nostalgic trip to the past for me. One of first few anime I watched, on RTL7, in French dub with a Polish lector. There are some things you can not beat.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ThlLK5z.gif[IMG]
    Well no one talks about it after a new episode! Only gifs get posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    MFW a puppet show is better than most of this year's anime.
    I'll defend DBZ solely because it's the nostalgic trip to the past for me. One of first few anime I watched, on RTL7, in French dub with a Polish lector. There are some things you can not beat.
    I feel like that is what it boils down to, but the plot is like, so flimsy if you try actually looking at it, but I'm not saying Jojo's plot is amazing, I just like the characters a hell of a lot more since they do more than just "GOKU, GO DEFEAT THE THING AGAIN" (Okay maybe that wasn't literally everything, but hey, let's forget that Gohan was suppose to be stronger than Goku yet they needed Goku to live to defeat the Androids, yet Gohan defeated Cell who was stronger than them...?) It's just like, when it's DBZ, it feels like if you like anyone other than Goku or Vegeta, then your character is trash.

Like, the first two seasons of Jojo's had that issue of "Hey, Jojo, you need to fight the thing we can't do the thing", but with the two more recent one it's actually had more than just that, and each character gets their own fights to shine in. Even if the final enemy boils down to the main Jojo of that season defeating it, that's fine by me as long as other people had their own unique fights.

Puppet show is really good. Best anime of the year? Hardly, it's not even best of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I do actually think there is more enjoyment to be had from Thunderbolt Fantasy if you've read/you're reading any Wuxia/Xianxia/Xuanhuan novels, tbf.
    I agree, if I wasn't reading all these chinese novels I would probably think it's even more retarded than it already is.

Deleted
    Just as I praise Qualidea Code for actively avoiding fanservice, we get a freaking swimsuit episode forced in. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee. If they're supposed to be doing an actual job that requires them to stay submerged for an extensive amount of time give them SCUBA units and watersuits instead of asking how long can they hold breath............................
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-07-16 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunshine - Mari a worst.

Poor Chika.

Riko's fear of dogs is the best part about this show so far.

Chika a bully.

Fuck, Ruby is too adorable for this world.

Pls why does the room have to be near empty. I can't keep watching. My heart hurts. Why does this have to happen.

NO WHY DO THINGS HAVE TO GO BAD. ALL I WANTED WAS AN ADORABLE CONCERT WITH NOTHING WRONG HAPPENING.

;_;

Pls Chika why are you sad singing. Pls no.

NO CHIKA DON'T CRY. PLEASE I CAN'T WATCH THIS.

YES HAHAHA EVERYTHING IS GETTING BETTER NOW.

THIS IS TOO EXCITING.

BACKUP GENERATOR SAVES THE DAY.

>All those people coming to listen to a single song

Why Dia gotta be so mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That feeling when I realise I'm getting as bad as you...

Nothing can be as bad as the time I had ~130 anime currently watching about a year and a half ago. I'd probably be close to 200 watching if I didn't binge finish dozens of shows in the space of a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Sunshine - Mari a worst.

Poor Chika.

Riko's fear of dogs is the best part about this show so far.

Chika a bully.

Fuck, Ruby is too adorable for this world.

Pls why does the room have to be near empty. I can't keep watching. My heart hurts. Why does this have to happen.

NO WHY DO THINGS HAVE TO GO BAD. ALL I WANTED WAS AN ADORABLE CONCERT WITH NOTHING WRONG HAPPENING.

;_;

Pls Chika why are you sad singing. Pls no.

NO CHIKA DON'T CRY. PLEASE I CAN'T WATCH THIS.

YES HAHAHA EVERYTHING IS GETTING BETTER NOW.

THIS IS TOO EXCITING.

BACKUP GENERATOR SAVES THE DAY.

>All those people coming to listen to a single song

Why Dia gotta be so mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing can be as bad as the time I had ~130 anime currently watching about a year and a half ago. I'd probably be close to 200 watching if I didn't binge finish dozens of shows in the space of a month.
    Ye hype post is here.
    Dia just tsun, she placed those back generators after all.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Just as I praise Qualidea Code for actively avoiding fanservice, we get a freaking swimsuit episode forced in. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee. If they're supposed to be doing an actual job that requires them to stay submerged for an extensive amount of time give them SCUBA units and watersuits instead of asking how long can they hold breath............................
    I was thinking the same thing lmao second episode no less. But they did have the guys in swimsuits too, so maybe hey equality or something, right? I was actually surprised at how many tropes they've worked in without the show feeling tropey. It's fairly entertaining and is pretty funny. I think MC is a closet chuuni.

I definitely like the Chiba siblings best. The sister is definitely my favorite so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the animation quality this episode took a noticeable dive. Also forgot to mention my favorite part was when Chiba sister was comparing her flatness to Hime, then called Hotaru a traitor for wearing a padded top because there was a noticeable increase in size lol

91 Days episode 2: This anime has huge potential. Love the MC and his motives as well as the general mob theme. If you're not watching this, you're fucking up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I was thinking the same thing lmao second episode no less. But they did have the guys in swimsuits too, so maybe hey equality or something, right? I was actually surprised at how many tropes they've worked in without the show feeling tropey. It's fairly entertaining and is pretty funny. I think MC is a closet chuuni.

I definitely like the Chiba siblings best. The sister is definitely my favorite so far.
    Oh, I'm still enjoying it a lot. The story is nothing particularly memorable so far, although it's a solid postapo setting with several triggers set up that could potentially improve it greatly later on. I'm really loving the cast, however. We only got solid introductions to a few of them so far but it's already enough to create an engaging dynamic in their group. There's ground for some great development there.

Anime Chat Thread II - Poster Survey

- Please do not vote for yourself. It defeats the purpose of the survey
    - Questions that involve a check box allow you to select up to two options. However, you can select only one option if you wish to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Puppet show is really good. Best anime of the year? Hardly, it's not even best of the season.
    Oh, true. I completely forgot Masou Gakuen HxH is airing.

- - - Updated - - -

The MC is damn lucky there are no males in that ohemgee eliteh unit he's powering up, tho.

Oh, true. I completely forgot Masou Gakuen HxH is airing.

- - - Updated - - -

The MC is damn lucky there are no males in that ohemgee eliteh unit he's powering up, tho.
    Is HxH any good?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Is HxH any good?
    It's unbelievably retarded. AKA it's amazing.

Just make sure you pick up the uncensored version.

Because there is not much to talk about and part 4 is bad. I'd say I'm about a quarter into reading part 5, but I'm taking long breaks all the time so it takes me a while to read them.
    Does it get worse? I like Part 4 so far honestly, but I haven't bothered starting the manga yet.

Picture of how i will feel if it hits 30c on Weds when i work in a big steel building
    (nsfw) cute dog girl https://cdn.awwni.me/tect.jpg

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it friday already yet? need more Amanchu!

From what I can tell, I'm one of the very few that doesn't like part 4. I wouldn't say it gets worse, but it was just consistenly underwhelming to me.

The characters aren't as good, the fights aren't as good, I don't like how SoL it is and the main villain is nothing compared to Dio. I just liked how the first 3 parts told a bit of a coherent story of monumental scope and absurdity.

JoJo's is also a lot more fun to watch than it is to read, but I'll probably still read it all because it's going to take ages for them to adapt every part, assuming that they do.
    I don't think anything can measure up to Dio as a villain honestly, I mean, they manage to get almost everyone to hate him within a 22 minute episode. Not even the Pillar Men were as good in my opinion.

But fair enough for the rest. I enjoy Okuyasu probably more than I should as a character though.

Sunshine fanart

Anime Chat Thread II - Poster Survey

- Please do not vote for yourself. It defeats the purpose of the survey
    - Questions that involve a check box allow you to select up to two options. However, you can select only one option if you wish to do so.