Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    So basically in that guide the guy seems to have figured the same thing I figured within 5 minutes of looking at the skills.

There's not really much to figure out about the class. You basically use Aimed Shot until you proc Hunters Mark and then use Marked Shot. That's all.

And you know why this is bad? Because we don't have our damage on demand. We have to set it up, we have to sit there, blasting shots at a target hoping to get a proc, hoping to utilize that proc within the vulnerable window so as to not waste it etc. It's just RNG upon RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    So basically in that guide the guy seems to have figured the same thing I figured within 5 minutes of looking at the skills...

...You basically use Aimed Shot until you proc Hunters Mark and then use Marked Shot. That's all.
    First of all read your skills again, marked shots procs only from Auto Shots and Sidewinders aka Arcane Shots. The second one, read guide again, you are definitely not figured it out.
    A few words about RPPM in Legion: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...44392?page=1#2

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Lets wait til live to see what talents are best
    Prepatch is idd not leaving any choice to the player
    I hope they will do some more tuning on this
    Tuning will not help us on Patient Sniper. They're not going to tune the other options around it; they would be considered too op. The spec depends on PS to be competitive. Any pure tuning would cripple the spec. PS has to be made baseline with a new option in it's place.

Anyone know if Piercing Shot will be viable in Legion? Don't like Sidewinders

Quick question - how to capitalize on Trueshot, assuming I don't use Sidewinders? I prefer running with Piercing Shot, but am unsure about how to make Trueshot start as glorious as possible. Is it just Arcane-Marked-Arcane-Marked and so on? Or am I missing something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Anyone know if Piercing Shot will be viable in Legion? Don't like Sidewinders
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Quick question - how to capitalize on Trueshot, assuming I don't use Sidewinders? I prefer running with Piercing Shot, but am unsure about how to make Trueshot start as glorious as possible. Is it just Arcane-Marked-Arcane-Marked and so on? Or am I missing something?
    You want advice on how to use a bad skill better cause you dont like the better option... check.. gl with that

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    You want advice on how to use a bad skill better cause you dont like the better option... check.. gl with that
    I want advice on the usage of an ability that is potentially going to be the best in row, since the tuning is not complete and numers right now don't matter. Or are you willing to stick with Sidewinders even after they nerf it to oblivion, assuming it happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    no
    ?

Is that a no as you don't know or it wont be viable?

?

Is that a no as you don't know or it wont be viable?
    Depends on your definition of viable. Sidewinders appears quite a bit better, though I don't believe numbers are final yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Depends on your definition of viable. Sidewinders appears quite a bit better, though I don't believe numbers are final yet.
    Just thought that maybe in a artifact trait Piercing Shot takes over, haven't looking that much into it.

Just thought that maybe in a artifact trait Piercing Shot takes over, haven't looking that much into it.
    Another benefit to Sidewinders is that your AoE is 100% free. Other specs have to give up something, in either talents or rotation, and MM does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I want advice on the usage of an ability that is potentially going to be the best in row, since the tuning is not complete and numers right now don't matter. Or are you willing to stick with Sidewinders even after they nerf it to oblivion, assuming it happens?
    It looks like you've never seen a single encounter in beta. A lot of aoe fights.
    It is obvious if you cant understand OP mechanics of SW, its is stupid to argument about "since the tuning is not complete and numers right now don't matter" this is the main and the only one strength of the spec.
    Last edited by Freerunz; 2016-08-04 at 05:15 AM.

I had a wet dream a couple of days ago I want to share. What if, We never had stupid shit like SW, but instead:

Arcane Shot - generate 10 focus (20 on crit) by default. No trait needed.
    Aimed Shot - Instant cast. 50 focus. W/e weapon damage.
    Multishot - generate 2 focus per target hit. Place Hunter mark on targets hit.
    Marked Shot - Hit all targets with Hunter mark. 30 (40?) focus. 2sec cast time.

Obviously we'd get smth instead of SW as a talent. For example good old Fervor (my God I miss u Fervor)

Now this I would play with a big big pleasure. Too bad it's too late to hope for change FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    I had a wet dream a couple of days ago I want to share. What if, We never had stupid shit like SW, but instead:

Obviously we'd get smth instead of SW as a talent. For example good old Fervor (my God I miss u Fervor)

Now this I would play with a big big pleasure. Too bad it's too late to hope for change FeelsBadMan
    I'd be on board with these changes for sure. :P

I'd even settle for Aimed Shot being castable on the move. With Sidewinders the amount of Aimed Shot hardcasting we do is through the roof, which totally kills mobility for the MM hunter.

I think the Arcane Shot buff you mention is pretty likely given how far ahead Sidewinders is at the moment. We'll probably also see some tuning to bring mastery down a bit and perhaps make crit better instead. Notice how the Artifact weapon clearly wants us to invest in crit with all of it's passives.

Deleted

Sidewinders is fine. Actually having to think about your auto shots is the best thing about the changes.
    Hunter has felt like a caster for way too long.

I don't want to spend half of my time mashing my arcane shot button. Sidewinders feels pretty in my opinion; at the very least it's a good change of pace. They just need to make non-Sidewinders specs viable. A two second cast on MS would make Patient Sniper aids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    I don't want to spend half of my time mashing my arcane shot button. Sidewinders feels pretty in my opinion; at the very least it's a good change of pace. They just need to make non-Sidewinders specs viable. A two second cast on MS would make Patient Sniper aids.
    Oh yeah. my bad, forgot to mension that Vulnerable debuff is aids no matter what, so I'd get rid of that too, now wouldn't that be nice? Ofc some will "say OMG brain dead spec", but, after all, WoW is not the place where u come to show your intellectual superiority by playing "complicated" specs better then anyone else.

Which Gold Trait did you guys go for first on the MM artifact? Wasn't too sure which was the best to go for. The path to Call of the Hunter seemed nice but not too sure, haven't messed around with Marks too much, mainly SV and BM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szeeshan View Post
    Which Gold Trait did you guys go for first on the MM artifact? Wasn't too sure which was the best to go for. The path to Call of the Hunter seemed nice but not too sure, haven't messed around with Marks too much, mainly SV and BM.
    Personally, Bullseye looks like a fantastic gold trait to have for longer fights so going via Call of the Hunter (which also could be very nice depending on tuning) is probably best.

That route also seems to be one of the quickest to get two gold traits and gives you some pretty solid normal traits (Trueshot CDR hello!) and even the non-damage one is good, disengage for damage reduction can surely save your life in a crisis.

This is just my gut feeling and analysis of course, zero theorycraft has been done by me on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    Sidewinders is fine. Actually having to think about your auto shots is the best thing about the changes.
    Hunter has felt like a caster for way too long.
    Huh? There's nothing to think about, it's literally right click and forget. The autoshot isn't even what matters, it's the proc you can get from the autoshot and it feels awful to have to wait for procs based on autoattacks since there's very little you can actually do to control it.